unknow elcectrical connector under dash on 1986 Esprit USA - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

unknow elcectrical connector under dash on 1986 Esprit USA

Starting to put my 1986 Lotus Esprit USA version back together after a couple of years. Got the dash in and hooked up all the electrical connectors, with the exception of one. It looks to be a 6 position card edge connector and I could not find what it would mate to. It is on the driver side and under the dash. The six wires look to be white w red stripe, black, 2 purple with black stripes, purple with green strip and purple

Anybody know what this goes to? Attached are a couple of pics
thanks
Dean
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 02:21 PM

Windshield wiper motor?

Sanj's Esprit Turbo SE pages are missing -- PM me if you need ALDL cables, Tech-1's or memcal services.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 05:13 PM

It's been a couple years since I had the dash out on my '86 to replace the heater matrix but I think that might plug into the binnacle. IIRC there were two plugs that attached to the binnacle so make sure you have both plugged in. It's also possible that I've completely lost my mind and forgotten all the details - replacing the heater matrix was such a pig of a job I've tried to forget a lot of it.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 10:30 AM

Possible it went to a small logic board for the key in ignition warning or seat belt warning buzzer and was removed because it was annoying. Is everything working? Look way up and above the steering column and see if there is anything up there.
David Teitelbaum
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

I got the car after it had an engine fire and sat outside for 10 years. Replaced the engine (2006 colbalt lsj), rebuilt the transmission and am working on the interior

Had the dash out to modify the wire harness to accept an aftermarket stereo/speakers and to wire in 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse power side mirrors. In the process of putting the dash back in when I came across this connector

I do not see anything that would mate to this 6 position card edge connector

I supplied power and the headlights, tail lights, headlamp motors, side window motors, radio, fan, interior lights. Brake lights are not working....need to troubleshoot this. Not able to start the engine yet, as I need to wire in my aftermarket fuel pump.

So I'm wondering if this did go to the seat belt buzzer and that the previous owner took it out

Question. Did the seat belt buzzer use a 6 position card edge connector to mate to the interior wiring harness? If yes, then I do not need to look any farther.....as I am ok not having this present

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Esprit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in