US spec Esprit turbo value in the UK - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

US spec Esprit turbo value in the UK

Still havent decided what to do with my beloved 88 esprit turbo. Becoming more and more tempted to ship the vehicle overseas but wonder if anyone knows if a US spec. left hand drive esprit will be worth anything in the UK, Im not even sure if there are any left hand drive esprits in the UK at present. If anyone knows anything about importing such a vehicle into the UK any advice would be appreciated. Only other option this late in the game would be to list it on e-bay. Still would much prefer it to go to a Lotus enthusiast not too many around with only 24,500 original miles.

Last edited by dgspicer; 01-24-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 02:34 AM

Hi,

Car prices in the UK aren't that great... esp. this being a LHD car, it think the value of it overthere is less than in the USA. Check PistonHeads.com :: Speed Matters --> classifields and you will see what the current value's are for your Esprit.

On the other hand, the EU mainland all use LHD cars and the Esprit is much more rare over here than in the UK. You could try germany (mobile.de - Deutschlands größter Fahrzeugmarkt. Suchen, kaufen oder verkaufen Sie Neu- und Gebrauchtwagen) or AutoScout24 - Tweedehands auto kopen of verkopen - 1,8 miljoen occasions online (or .de .be .fr etc) this is a website that lists cars for sale all over Europe.

Most of the time the cars that are in the mainland will have covered much more miles that yours and probably be in a less cared for state than USA cars.

Hope that helps.

David

(BTW I bought my Elise in the UK and imported it to the Netherlands, and even after paying huge amounts of taxes I still saved a LOT of money)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 01:08 PM

yeah Germany, and also is good Holland and Belgium. ll say that here all cars ve more (2-3) prew owners, more 100k kms. btw better ll be wait for the right one in states, LHD cars in mainland r expensive comparing to RHD in GB

http://www.lotus-club.cz
Your 6 is my 12.
http://www.voodoo-world.cz
--------------------------------

Last edited by Lotus_cz; 01-26-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Esprit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in