Elan M100. Parts cross reference. - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Elan M100. Parts cross reference.

It seems to be a well known fact that Lotus buys parts from other sources and sticks them in a Lotus bag. So they can charge a huge premium on the price.

Been putting this together for a few years of my Elan M100 ownership. Thought I should share the info with forum members. Hope it is useful to some of the other Elan members here. (Mods please delete thread if not appropriate).

I've joined the forum seeking help for my Evora. And thought that my Elan info could benefit other Elan M100 owners on here. Which is why I have poste the link.

Parts cross reference | Elan M100.com

If anyone would like to add any additional part numbers that I have missed please let me know.

BR

Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 06:43 AM
not your dad's puns

Welcome! And thanks for the contribution. I always remind folks about LEC, I assume you've posted this there as well?

Of course we're happy to discuss the M100 here, but the the FWD skeptics are perhaps more numerous.

Their loss... the 4XE1-T is a sweet piece of machinery, and combine that with the Stevens body, oh baby.

because racecar
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the reply Turbopun. I'm a former LEC member. But since joining Lotustalk last week, have always noticed a small number of members looking at the Elan thread. So thought that this info may benefit a few of the members on here.

Yes, the LEC is the best place for information on the M100. I have not published a direct link to the information on the LEC. But I am quite well known there. So I assume that most of the LEC members know about it. And a lot of the info is floating around on various LEC pages and threads.

Have owned my Elan M100 since 2002. The (2010) Evora is now keeping her company in the garage.

I still love the little Elan. On paper. Not as fast as the Evora. But when your sat behind the wheel, with the roof down. It feels faster and more enjoyable. Has quite a few mods and once the turbo kicks in. The smile factor takes control. Strangely, I don't get the same feeling with the Evora. Yes. It's fast and pulls better. but... (note: It's not an Evora S).

I have very little knowledge of the later Lotuses. But I am spending a lot of time reading through past posts to try to learn as much as I can about my new car. Though it would be nice to offer something in return. I don't have much to offer at this point in time. 2 weeks ago I never seriously thought I'd have an Evora. Now there is one parked in the garage.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 11:20 AM

Bahrain,
Very nice! Thanks for compiling this data. Also as a reference the GGLC has been keeping a parts interchange for the M100 and other Lotus cars. GOLDEN GATE LOTUS CLUB - Lotus M100 Elan Parts Cross Reference. The club is happy to share information.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

Lotus events in California - www.gglotus.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in