LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2019, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

2011 Lotus Evora Air Conditioning

Where is the LP recharge port
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2019, 11:28 AM

Hello
My 2012 located back of front passenger wheel well.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Thanks.

Old 06-27-2019, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Just finished recharging my system with AC pro. I removed the right front tire for easier access. The pressure was pretty low in the system so I may have some other issue to contend with. But for now the air blows cold. I attached a few photos to help anyone who may have a similar issue in the future.
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2019, 11:17 AM

Almost certainly your condenser is full of holes, they are made of paper mache and have very little protection from the front grille. Add som UV dye next time and you'll likely see numerous leaks.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:43 PM

Garage
My bet too is the condenser. Just went through it last year. Clam off, $1400 later at the dealer and I got AC again.

'10 Lotus Evora
Old 06-28-2019, 09:06 PM
MGB

I have to replace my condenser too. UV dye didn't show up at the shop, but after a few weeks my AC died again, and I bought a UV light and protective glasses and was able to see the dye.

I bought a replacement condenser and drier a few years ago, but haven't gotten around to tackling this job yet. I just live with a hot car. Still worth it.

Anyone know how good a drier will last on a shelf for? It's still factory sealed.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGB View Post
I have to replace my condenser too. UV dye didn't show up at the shop, but after a few weeks my AC died again, and I bought a UV light and protective glasses and was able to see the dye.

I bought a replacement condenser and drier a few years ago, but haven't gotten around to tackling this job yet. I just live with a hot car. Still worth it.

Anyone know how good a drier will last on a shelf for? It's still factory sealed.
Hi MGB,
Sorry to drag up an old post, but were you able to find a substitute condenser from someone other than Lotus?
Thanks
Old 07-07-2019, 08:43 PM
MGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus9 View Post
Hi MGB,
Sorry to drag up an old post, but were you able to find a substitute condenser from someone other than Lotus?
Thanks
I bought my new condenser for 220 GBP ($280 + ~$35 international shipping) almost two years ago exactly, from an eBay seller, "coolingsolutions2013." That's half the price of Lotus Parts Online, which wants $431 + shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/coolingsolutions2013

I was told that any atmospheric air being introduced into the system will break the drier too, so I bought one of those as well.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:29 PM

Thank you!

Here's a good source for a dryer at a good price: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f41...c-work-470112/

Hope that helps.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:10 PM

Found out that mine was broke again over the holiday. Took a 6hr roundtrip drive to our place in Lake Chelan (Eastern WA where it gets really hot) for the 4th. I just had the thing repaired last summer due to a leak at an elbow joint at the condenser. It was an out of pocket $800 fix. Previous year's issue was the compressor went kaput but was covered under warranty, repair was listed at $5k on my paperwork. Think I'll survive without it for now unfortunately. I've never owned a car before that had so many AC issues. Lucky living in the Seattle area it doesn't get too hot and a rolled down window will suffice.

2005 Elise- Katana II Supercharged and other fun bits
2011 Evora - Daily Driver
Old 07-08-2019, 05:40 PM

Garage
On a positive note, I used AC Pro with leak fix and have had A/C now for three summers. There will be some naysayers that say that I clogged my system or ruined something but itís ICE cold and is perfect. If there was a pin hole or bad oring somewhere, the product fixed it and that beats riding with the windows down in my book
Mobius97 likes this.

2011 Lotus Evora N/A Quartz Silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in