2018 Evora 400s - Price Drop, but Used? - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakham View Post
Being somewhat new to the Evora world, and not to derail the conversation, but what parts can't you get?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa TC View Post
I join Shackham in asking: what parts can't we get?
Door latches are the common one.

Inner door curtains are unavailable now as well, though easy to work around with just some adhesive plastic sheeting.

Dash harness and related parts. Instrument cluster. Reverse lamps. Dash fascia panels.

Not sure if some of these come and go, some I have orders sitting for that have been since last year. Some have been during service with a service advisor trying to get them and saying they won't be able to as they're out of production and stock.

I know people have had issues with other parts for long periods, but don't know if they ever came back (window regulator, windshield washer fluid pump come to mind)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 10:05 AM

Thanks!
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 11:22 AM

Reverse lights are available from sellers in the UK, just not (I guess) as Lotus parts. They're manufactured by Perei and are typically stocked by trailer supply companies. Search "Perei" on ebay.co.uk and you'll see there are a few listed now, for example.

If you go that route, note that clear lenses do not necessarily mean the lamps light up white -- read the specs carefully.

Edit: at the risk of taking this thread even farther off-topic, I have to say that I'm looking forward to the day when the Evora forum has a parts cross reference list going. I suspect there are lots of parts that are more easily available under other car manufacturers' part numbers or through wholesalers -- or even direct from the OEMs* -- than from Lotus. Maybe that'll happen when the forum starts to get more of a DIY bias down the road.

* I have heard this is true of ECUs, for example

Last edited by West-of-Hethel; 07-30-2019 at 11:59 AM.

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 02:03 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by West-of-Hethel View Post
I have to say that I'm looking forward to the day when the Evora forum has a parts cross reference list going.
<OT>
I think someone started a thread at some point, but it got buried down in the list. It would be nice to have a stickied post where all the cross-refs can be posted. I know SELOC had one posted at one point, but it would be nice to have a more update-able one here.
</OT>

2011 Evora NA - Phantom Black | Paprika | MT | 2+.5
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-of-Hethel View Post
Reverse lights are available from sellers in the UK, just not (I guess) as Lotus parts. They're manufactured by Perei and are typically stocked by trailer supply companies. Search "Perei" on ebay.co.uk and you'll see there are a few listed now, for example.
Yeah, some are available that way, some are custom. To my knowledge, the door latches are actually a custom part (though assembled with some generic pieces). That could be wrong, but nobody's found otherwise yet.

I wouldn't give Lotus a hard time at all if they did that. In fact, I wouldn't even give them a hard time if they just said you have to order from us, we're going to mark it up 15% and we're just going to have the manufacturer drop ship it to you, but we aren't stocking it ourselves. Just throw us a bone in some way.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 04:13 PM
Love Lotus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esseye View Post
Door latches are the common one.

Inner door curtains are unavailable now as well, though easy to work around with just some adhesive plastic sheeting.

Dash harness and related parts. Instrument cluster. Reverse lamps. Dash fascia panels.

Not sure if some of these come and go, some I have orders sitting for that have been since last year. Some have been during service with a service advisor trying to get them and saying they won't be able to as they're out of production and stock.

I know people have had issues with other parts for long periods, but don't know if they ever came back (window regulator, windshield washer fluid pump come to mind)
Early S1 door latches are back in stock. At least from UK dealers.
esseye likes this.

2012 Evora S / Solar Yellow / Manual 2+2
Loving every mile!! 31k and counting...
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esseye View Post
Yeah, some are available that way, some are custom.
Well, obviously. I merely pointed out where you could find some new reverse lamps, since you implied you were looking and hadn't been able to get them. You're welcome.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 06:44 AM

Snarl!
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa TC View Post
Snarl!
I am definitely feeling like a bit of a chump for trying to help the guy out, even after he called me a "dickhead" ... yes, really ... on another thread recently. Went through my old notes, did some googling, and even flipped through a couple of pages of ebay results just to make sure I was providing him some solid info.

Oh well, could be worse. The other guy that took the time to reply to him with some good news on parts availability didn't even get an acknowledgement!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in