2020 Lotus Evora GT - Page 4 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 03:13 PM

Congrats Steve. Great looking and performing car.

Itís one thing to critique an exotic sports car from your arm chair. Itís a whole different world to own the car.

Steve wins. Game over........
brgelise and Julian73 like this.

65 Elan S2 - Restored & For Sale
72 Europa- Restoration under way
69 Elan S4 - Restored & Sold
64 Elan S1 - Restored & Not for sale
12 Colin 30 - Lotus Racing Kart - Sold
07 Exige S - Wicked Road/Track Car - Sold
07 Exige S - Fast Road/Track Car - Wrecked at track
06 Elise - Track pack - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 04:37 PM

Fantastic! Is that Verde Ithaca?

2017 Lotus Evora 400 (6-speed) Yellow on Black

2014 Lotus Evora S 2+2 (6-speed) Verde Ithaca paint with Ebony Black/Red piping interior {Sold}

2010 Lotus Evora, White with Paprika interior, (6-speed){Traded-in}
post #63 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 04:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyCaptain View Post
Some days in life can be a little surreal. Today was definitely one of them.
You trade for it or buy it?

Congrats BTW, hope someone in my group gets a green one to go with the blue, red and orange.

2018 Evora 400
2017 NSX
2014 RS7

post #64 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 05:37 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certified Lotus View Post
Congrats Steve. Great looking and performing car.

It’s one thing to critique an exotic sports car from your arm chair. It’s a whole different world to own the car.

Steve wins. Game over........
It’s alright, Glen. It’s not a competition. Admittedly I’ve been critical of Lotus in the past wrt the mythical Evora Roadster & the 400’s looks.

This car is not perfect but to be fair, Lotus has to deal with the same U.S. regs that killed the Federal Elige in 2011. Thus the GT winds up with the 400 front end. Fortunately it looks way better in person but still nowhere near as good as the Euro GT430.

I do think they hit it out of the park as far as the amount of exotic car and performance you get for 100K (base price + destination charge). Im telling you.....this car (especially in this color) is absolutely jaw-dropping in person and I don’t just say that because it’s mine.

As an aside, the ordering process was anything but smooth (no fault of the dealer) with styling changes twice including a major styling/specs change AFTER I ordered and put my deposit down.

This was due to the Euro front end not passing the low speed crash test after all. Because of this the GT kept the 400 nose and thus the rear wing needed to be scrubbed to maintain aerodynamic balance. To Lotus’s credit they significantly dropped the car’s price because of this.

2011 Solar Yellow Elise SC
2009 CO Elise SC (R.I.P)
2012 Solar Yellow Evora S
6 spd., 2+2, PB Racing Monza Wheels, Plack Exhaust & one bad ass air freshener (SOLD)

Last edited by GuppyCaptain; 07-02-2019 at 05:50 PM.
post #65 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 05:44 PM
Premium Member

Yes, that is VI. I’ve been lusting after that color for years, having ordered an S1 Evora S in VI but subsequently canceling that order due to the airbag exemption delay from 2012-2013. Finally, I’ve got the VI I wanted.

I didn’t trade the 2011 Elise S for it. That damn car just brings me so many smiles that I just want to keep it forever. From the time I walk up to her in the garage, to terrorizing the hell out of some local B roads, to just driving her slow and enjoying the open-air motoring with my lady by my side......the Elise is gonna be around for a long time.

2009 CO Elise SC (R.I.P)
6 spd., 2+2, PB Racing Monza Wheels, Plack Exhaust & one bad ass air freshener (SOLD)
post #66 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 07:50 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyCaptain View Post
Some days in life can be a little surreal. Today was definitely one of them.
Congratulations, love the color too

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) LMS alloy pan, BOE headers, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype S 430 **SOLD**
post #67 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 03:54 AM
Loves to talk

Garage
She's a winner. Congrats!

Lew
'17 Evora 400 MT
post #68 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 04:27 AM
purveyor of lightness

Garage
Love this car except for the "Black licorice strip smile" that runs across the lower front grill face. What the hell is that?

Oh and I REALLY wish that the front wheel arch vents were made of carbon fiber. That's it really.

d.a..v...i....d

David Thomas Stewart - [email protected]
2005 Midnight Silver Lotus Elise (www.darksol.com)
388hp (342whp) BOE RevX 1736lbs.
post #69 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 04:34 AM
Premium Member

Thank you all for the warm wishes.

2009 CO Elise SC (R.I.P)
post #70 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusquacious View Post
My wife says it looks a lot like my car. I should not ask for opinions.

It's a bit hard to tell from the angle in the photo, but the dash's binnacle shape looks more like S1 than 4xx. Overall a nice upgrade except for the rubber duckies that are likely to be removed by the second day of ownership.

I am content with what I have when considering the economics of a trade but I think those who waited to get an Evora will be well satisfied with this car. It looks good to me even as a base car.

The silver car carries the same MSRP as my car did and has all of the same options in addition to the power bump and other new stuff. I have to admit that seems good value given the upgrades to the base model. The CF pack is very nice but I could do without it to keep the price down and still feel well served. I'd want a color but that's just a matter of personal preference.

I think after all the speculation it's a nice upgrade to the platform. I'd personally be careful about adding options to keep the tariff down but I'm frugal and suspect the base car is all I'd need. Hmm. Probably shouldn't have said anything and just ordered one in racing green to allay any suspicions.
There are definitely body changes, especially the rear - which does look better than the 400, although I, too, would prefer the glass hatch, regardless of weight - and the sides, etc., but in general, very similar.

The dash looks similar, too, though another poster asked about the binnacle shape. Besides the additional 22 HP (non-carb) are there other mechanical changes, e.g., brakes, trans, suspension, etc. that someone has a list of?

When I sold my NA Elise, it was a very obvious change to move to a NA Evora. The jump to the S was another very substantial mechanical change, and fit/finish continued to improve. The 400 - another very substantial change in mechanicals, and continued fit/finish improvements.

Once I had my first Evora, I swore that I wouldn't get another one until a roadster was available. Well, you can see how that worked out. But I am struggling with the GT for the reasons above, as well as the major financial hit (although I guess I've got used to that with each trade). How do others feel about this?
post #71 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 06:27 AM

Congratulations. Stunning car. As was mentioned earlier, also curious about the Federal tag holder that appears to be stamped steel screwed right up against that nice carbon fiber. So, is it as easy as it looks to remove that piece and the bumperettes? Just those two screws as an earlier photo implies or is there something else hidden from view attaching it?
You could then still mount your plate directly through the existing holes in the carbon and protect from contact with simple rubber flat washers. That would clean up the appearance and add lightness.
post #72 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 07:24 AM

Garage
A definite step forward, congrats GC.

Sure agree with Dylan. Not ready to buy this package, letís see what the future brings. An interior makeover, less boxy, more McLaren like, should come along too.

Anyone can make something complicated. It takes genius to make it simple. Einstein.
2011 Evora S Racing Heritage Edition (#3 of 4) (Now with alexsharkeyross)
2005 Elise LRG, track prepped ,
1974 Lotus Europa Special 3841R in JPS livery
2007 Toyota Tundra (about 10 cup holders), traded for 2015 Tundra TRD PRO
2007 Audi S4 DTM (RIP) 1980 Rover SD1 (new home) 2015 Honda Civic Si
2016 370Z Nismo
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed 2019 Lexus LC500
post #73 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 07:26 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplife View Post
Congratulations. Stunning car. As was mentioned earlier, also curious about the Federal tag holder that appears to be stamped steel screwed right up against that nice carbon fiber. So, is it as easy as it looks to remove that piece and the bumperettes? Just those two screws as an earlier photo implies or is there something else hidden from view attaching it?
You could then still mount your plate directly through the existing holes in the carbon and protect from contact with simple rubber flat washers. That would clean up the appearance and add lightness.
Come to find out from seeing the car in person that those bumperettes are exceedingly easy to remove. Remove two screws and pull the plate that theyíre attached to. Thatís it. While unsightly, they could actually protect the CF rear during a low speed impact and prevent the car from going down for months while awaiting parts. Still.......so ugly. Theyíre coming off.

2009 CO Elise SC (R.I.P)
post #74 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkSol View Post
Love this car except for the "Black licorice strip smile" that runs across the lower front grill face. What the hell is that?

Oh and I REALLY wish that the front wheel arch vents were made of carbon fiber. That's it really.
Itís only been around since 2016 when they introduced the 400. Lotus did a Gulf edition that painted the black cowl to the gulf blue body color. Some liked it. I hate it.

2017 Lotus Evora 400 (6-speed) Yellow on Black

2014 Lotus Evora S 2+2 (6-speed) Verde Ithaca paint with Ebony Black/Red piping interior {Sold}

2010 Lotus Evora, White with Paprika interior, (6-speed){Traded-in}
post #75 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:29 AM

Wow Captain, I am truly Verde Ithaca with envy!
And more car for the same $ as the 400, what's not to like?
post #76 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkSol View Post
Same treatment as on the 410 Sport. The black is carbon fiber and it complements the access panel and roof and other carbon elements.
Attached Images

KombatKing likes this.

2017 Evora Sport 410

2006 Elise British Racing Green SOLD
post #77 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 11:21 AM

Niiiiiiice!!
I hope for a future road test - better yet a comparison test - to verify how much ass it hauls.
post #78 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 12:03 PM
Loves to talk

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotuslvr View Post
Wow Captain, I am truly Verde Ithaca with envy!
And more car for the same $ as the 400, what's not to like?

I'm guessing it's going to be more money for most of these later cars. Many of us bought our 400s at discounts of between 15 and 20K and you couldn't spend more than about $104K (MSRP) on one. I hope the need to discount to get them shifted doesn't afflict the newer car and based on what I see, most of these cars will be getting a number of options that weren't available in 2017. The 400 ended up being at a guess $80 to $85K for most people. Later buyers paid less, earlier adopters like me a bit more. Remind me not to do that again.

It's rude to ask how much anybody paid for something, so I won't but I'll guess these cars were sold over that $85K median.

Lew
'17 Evora 400 MT
post #79 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 12:20 PM

Enjoy the car! I hope you drive it a lot, that is what Lotus are made for. Congrats!
post #80 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 12:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusquacious View Post
IIt's rude to ask how much anybody paid for something
It's a shame all the people I've encountered at gas stations or on the streets missed this memo. It's usually either the first or second question they ask.
lotusquacious likes this.

2011 Evora NA - Phantom Black | Paprika | MT | 2+.5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in