Activation of Rear Fog Light on US Evora - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Illegal Alien

Garage
Activation of Rear Fog Light on US Evora

Has anyone successfully installed the euro fog light on their Evora 4xx series car? My understanding is that the following steps are needed:

1. New master headlight switch is needed with the integral fog push button, PN A132M6134F
2. Replace one backup light with Lotus rear fog, A132M0350F
3. insert 3A fuse into position cabin fuse box position C20
4. "turn on" fog light feature of the ICM using Lotus TechCentre to active Fog light setting

What I don't know is if any of this works on a US (Federal) car. i.e. is all the wiring in place or did the Federal harness neuter this? Will lack of fog warning lights on US instrument panel create issues, etc. I don't really want to spend too much on hardware without known if I have a chance.

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) Lotus MS alloy pan, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype Stage 2 - 420+bHp **SOLD**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 01:30 PM

Garage
I don't know anything about the Evora's, I'm an Elise owner (2005 Federal). I know it's different than your situation but I didn't like the way the 2 round tail lights on each side of the Elige's were split into 4 separate segments that lit up in strange (in my opinion dimly lit) ways. I too wanted to make use of the rear fog light, but I also wanted anyone behind me to know when I applied the brakes since chances are I can brake much quicker than them. I rewired mine so that both tail lights on each side light up completely when the running lights are turned on, and go brighter when the brake is applied. I wired the rear fog lights to act as turn signals since that previously empty spot had an amber lens. I think the car looks better with this lighting configuration and you can't miss it when I apply the brakes...
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2004-2012 Elise Exige Service Manual - Copy 454.pdf (475.3 KB, 15 views)

2005 Ardent Red Elise, Gut Sport wing & splitter, custom diffuser, Sector111: DSBrace, gPan3, subStuffy2, Larini Sport muffler, decat pipe, Schroth Racing 5 pts, wheel studs, Team Dynamics 1.2 with Hoosier A6s, Koldflash 200 ECU flash, BOE rear clam hinge, BC Racing single adjustables, Hawk pads, SS Brake Lines, HID lights, custom tail and high mount brake light...and much more...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 02:08 PM

I know its not exactly what you asked, but I added the fog light to my S.

The wiring was there for plug and play. It used the same plug connector but different internal pins. I replaced the light switch with the Euro version and obviously swapped the left reverse light for the fog light. No additional fuse was required.

The switch itself illuminates when the fog light is on. Although there is an icon on the dash, I did not bother to ask my dealer to try to program it. The illuminated switch is fine for me.

My guess is that the 4XX install would be similar as you suggest. I would be pretty shocked if it wasn't.

(reverse light shown below- same connector but different pin configuration for fog light.)
Attached Images

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 chrome orange View Post
I know its not exactly what you asked, but I added the fog light to my S.

The wiring was there for plug and play. It used the same plug connector but different internal pins. I replaced the light switch with the Euro version and obviously swapped the left reverse light for the fog light. No additional fuse was required.

The switch itself illuminates when the fog light is on. Although there is an icon on the dash, I did not bother to ask my dealer to try to program it. The illuminated switch is fine for me.

My guess is that the 4XX install would be similar as you suggest. I would be pretty shocked if it wasn't.

(reverse light shown below- same connector but different pin configuration for fog light.)
Thanks that is a big help.

The ICM is different between same S1 to 4xx, but has the same pinouts for fog and now the US and ROW ICM are actually the same unit so should be trouble free.

Switch is no longer illuminated, but not a big to program with TechCenter if needed.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 07:47 PM

TechCenter programming is only needed to activate the fog light warning lamp on the dash. The lamp itself will work once wired, assuming it's the same as the earlier cars.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by West-of-Hethel View Post
TechCenter programming is only needed to activate the fog light warning lamp on the dash. The lamp itself will work once wired, assuming it's the same as the earlier cars.
Wiring diagram is the same, only change is the integration of the switch within the new rotary headlight switch.

Thanks every one.

Started order process with Gator, although I may leave Federal backup light and substitute Cartek rain light run off same circuit, which is also on order.

Last edited by Julian73; 07-27-2019 at 12:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in