AIRBAG HELP PLEASE - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 07:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdr8 View Post
Hmm, I have a Plus on the way so I'd be interested in the specific version of software/firmware that is on @bakhteria 's scanner. Maybe a newer (or older) firmware is needed for that model to show up.
Running update at the moment... I'll report later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 08:25 PM

Garage
Doesn't load data post update

Guess it's going back to Amazon
post #43 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintense View Post
Doesn't load data post update

Guess it's going back to Amazon
So you got the Plus, there was no Daewoo Gentra, and after the update to the firmware it doesnít load data how? Like it wonít even connect to the car, period?

post #44 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 09:44 AM

I ordered the Plus, and there was no Daewoo Gentra option. I tried a few others and the following worked to erase code:

DAEWOO
2009-2011 Epica/Tosca and Barina

I can't read the code to see what the failure is, only erase it. Unfortunately it comes back on after 5 seconds.

I didn't try updating like nintense, not going to try that if he is having issues.
post #45 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 10:11 AM

Garage
I've got the Plus direct from the link, tried any Daewoo model and Chevy Korean model, and nothing - No Gentra whatsoever.

Went on the website, registered and fully updated, and now can't even load any car's models. I deleted everything but Daewoo, and still nothing

Will be great is Bakhteria will load pictures with step by step instructions.
post #46 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 10:15 AM

I will do that with the firmware on mine and the one that worked (Isuzu) when I get a chance, and my car back since it's at the dealer. Since I also didn't have the Gentra option on the one I ordered.
post #47 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

I used it right out of the box. I bought it from Amazon and left the link above. I don't plan on updating the software as I'm not sure if it would change anything about this feature.
post #48 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 04:24 PM

Iím more confused than when the thread started.

I just donít understand how we can have multiple guys with the same reader having 3 different results.

At first I was going to get the Plus, but now Iím leaning towards esseye and the regular and go the Isuzu route if the light hits (changing out my positive terminal clamp and removing a dealer installed kill switch soon so want to be prepared).
post #49 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by \Boost Monkey/ View Post
Iím more confused than when the thread started.

I just donít understand how we can have multiple guys with the same reader having 3 different results.

At first I was going to get the Plus, but now Iím leaning towards esseye and the regular and go the Isuzu route if the light hits (changing out my positive terminal clamp and removing a dealer installed kill switch soon so want to be prepared).
My guess is bakhteria has a different firmware version than what nintense and I had. Not sure if it's older or newer, I'll plug mine in tomorrow and see if there is a firmware # somewhere for comparison. I was glad to see other Daewoo models would allow a code erase, now to track down what keeps triggering mine.
post #50 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patd View Post
My guess is bakhteria has a different firmware version than what nintense and I had. Not sure if it's older or newer, I'll plug mine in tomorrow and see if there is a firmware # somewhere for comparison. I was glad to see other Daewoo models would allow a code erase, now to track down what keeps triggering mine.
I just got mine too, and I don't have the Daewoo Gentra either.

The NT630Plus has a memory card. I took the card out and plugged it in directly to update it.

If you go to the path:
//Scan/Make/Asia/Daewoo

There is a file "version.txt" that has the version number in it. Mine originally came with v5.20. I just upgraded it to v5.22. That didn't seem to change anything.

@bakhteria : Can you check and see what version you have?
Also what year are you seeing the Gentra option?
Which option number is it?

If you could share a screenshot it would be helpful.

Lastly, if you find your Daewoo version is different (aka not 5.20, 5.21, or 5.22), please zip it as we probably could just copy it over ourselves.
Snowphun and nintense like this.
post #51 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 10:41 AM

Garage
Would be great if anyone else could get this to work.

I have the same problem with airbag light on, unfortunately we now have no dealer here in Bahrain. I contacted Lotus UK, who put me in touch with Lotus Abu Dhabi. They came back to me after a while and told me to take the car to the Mercedes dealer. He said that they use the Bosch KTS system and it would work.

Unfortunately I tried calling them before going on vacation and only got through to the secretary who just told me they only work on Mercedes cars and refused to let me bring the car in.

I'll try to get down in the next couple of weeks and speak to the workshop manager.

Evora 2010. Canyon red
Elan M100. Pacific blue

Web page: www.ElanM100.com
post #52 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 04:41 PM

My airbag light was on. Ordered the foswell plus and the Gentra wasn't listed. Used the 2009-2011 Epica/Tosca and it cleared the light
post #53 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 10:23 PM

Garage
AIRBAG HELP PLEASE

Update: so two days after I packed the codes reader, my airbag light is gone I have no explanation as while I tried to connect with any car from the list, I didnít succeed to read any code, or commended to delete any, the code is gone.
Sorry I donít have any idea how this happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #54 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 04:50 AM

I’m curious, has anyone just asked a local Hyundai dealer and asked to reset it? I know it’s a different co. but I’m willing to bet they probably have Daewooon the OBD cpu
post #55 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuteronomy316 View Post
Iím curious, has anyone just asked a local Hyundai dealer and asked to reset it? I know itís a different co. but Iím willing to bet they probably have Daewooon the OBD cpu
I would expect this service to cost about the same as buying the code reader and would involve a fair amount of convincing for them to even get involved.
post #56 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porboy44 View Post
My airbag light was on. Ordered the foswell plus and the Gentra wasn't listed. Used the 2009-2011 Epica/Tosca and it cleared the light
I can confirm this works!

I just bought the Foxwell NT630Plus. I tried the 2011 Epic/Tosca today and no more airbag light. I couldn't read the code, but I could erase it.
post #57 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

I went back and tried it again by connecting it to my hummer but i could not find Gentra. I'm guessing its because i went through a bunch of settings like reading engine code and when it wasn't able to, i entered my vin manually. I haven't had a chance to try it on the evora yet but when i do I will try to take pics. It rally does work.
post #58 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakhteria View Post
I went back and tried it again by connecting it to my hummer but i could not find Gentra. I'm guessing its because i went through a bunch of settings like reading engine code and when it wasn't able to, i entered my vin manually. I haven't had a chance to try it on the evora yet but when i do I will try to take pics. It rally does work.
BUMP

Any updates? My airbag light has been on for 10k miles no dealer within 300 miles
post #59 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusexige View Post
BUMP

Any updates? My airbag light has been on for 10k miles no dealer within 300 miles
What part of Chicago are you in?

Glenview Luxury Imports is open for service, but I also have one of these scanners if you want to give it a go.
post #60 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusexige View Post
BUMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakham View Post
I can confirm this works!

I just bought the Foxwell NT630Plus. I tried the 2011 Epic/Tosca today and no more airbag light. I couldn't read the code, but I could erase it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in