Alignment track/street compromise:Opinions - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Alignment track/street compromise:Opinions

I'm shooting for ~-1.8 camber in front with 0 toe and max the caster. In the rear I'd also like ~-1.8 camber and some toe for road stability. Love to hear what has worked for others on another thread about track alignments. Going in Thursday PM. Of course my weight will be in drivers seat.

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
12 Maxda MX-5 Miata GT PRHT True Red/Black leather
11 Lotus Evora "S" Persian Blue, Grey/Black Suedetex/Leather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 02:38 PM

Garage
I see no one is responding. I haven't tracked mine enough to comment on alignment tweaks.

I found some basic advice here

You are proposing a lot more front (negative) camber than spec. The usual downside is excessive/uneven tire wear on the open road. As-is, the Evora is known for wearing out the inside rear tire edges on normal roads. You would probably have a similar problem on the front with that much negative camber.

The ideal setup will also depend on the track itself. Ideally, tire temperature readings at the track would indicate which way to go.

Here are the standard specs from the manual (early 2010, there have been some changes for later models)

Would be interesting to hear from someone that experimented on the track...
Attached Images

Last edited by DeltaV; 06-22-2016 at 04:40 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 11:15 PM

Tried less camber in the front end, +2 it washed away in turns.
Had it set back to lotus's +4 or whatever it was,
Lotus knows what they are doing. I'll leave it to them.

I believe it is engineered so under hard breaking the front end dives, inevitably changing the suspension geometry, then once you add caster it has optimum contact with the ground (0) on the front outside tire

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 04:53 AM Thread Starter

Here we go folks. Rear tire wear at track wasn't too bad and pyrometer readings to terrible so i just tweaked the rear camber. However, I want more turn in bite and was killing outside edges so I went for all the front end would give me without losing any caster.
BTWn you breath on this car and the number change so caster was ded on till of course print was hit, but hundreds don't mean didly anyway. Car felt much more like my 2010 did post alignment and Thompson will be a great test next Tuesday.

BTW in case you are wondering, I put my own specs in, the specs between a 2010 NA and a 2011 S in the manual differ only slightly. S cars come with a bit more camber from the factory.
Attached Images

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 06:26 PM

Sorry to resurect and old thread but I also live in CT. Who did you use for the alignment?

Last edited by aterren; 09-22-2018 at 08:37 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

After 4+ seasons of track use, I have to say these numbers are pretty spot on. Instructors at LOG experienced a very tossable car!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in