Anti-Sway Bar - S vs. (NA) - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 08:24 AM

I have been in many Lotus on track. Elises can indeed be made much better than stock. But, I have been in more poorly "enhanced" Elige's than well upgraded ones.
Interesting how original poster goes straight to hardware upgrades, but has made no mention of alignment 'enhancements". This is one of the biggest areas one can improve upon (removing the setup designed to protect the common idiot) without changing a single piece of hardware. Hint-->my recommendation, start here. One can improve both road and track abilities at the same time, depending on your driving style. The magic of these cars is compliance, take it all away and its just another oversprung, twitchy sports car.

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
12 Maxda MX-5 Miata GT PRHT True Red/Black leather
11 Lotus Evora "S" Persian Blue, Grey/Black Suedetex/Leather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian73 View Post
You sir are no Edison, Ford, Bell, Tesla, Honda, Toyoda, Chapman, ...
Never said I was. But I DO believe that innovation and creative thought (from anyone!) have value, and should not be discouraged.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by XHILR8N! View Post
Always amusing to me when someone gets one of these magical cars and starts changing suspension and actually believes they know what they are doing.
I am asking for OPINION !!!!

This is a car forum, you can ask for opinions!!!!
If you DON'T like my questions DO NOT COME here!!!!

These is a GREAT CAR, but NOT perfect !!! there are upgrades that you can buy !!! DID YOU KNOW THAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brgelise View Post
I have been in many Lotus on track. Elises can indeed be made much better than stock. But, I have been in more poorly "enhanced" Elige's than well upgraded ones.
Interesting how original poster goes straight to hardware upgrades, but has made no mention of alignment 'enhancements". This is one of the biggest areas one can improve upon (removing the setup designed to protect the common idiot) without changing a single piece of hardware. Hint-->my recommendation, start here. One can improve both road and track abilities at the same time, depending on your driving style. The magic of these cars is compliance, take it all away and its just another oversprung, twitchy sports car.
Of course ALIGNMENT is considered, I am asking for opinion about asb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss View Post
Not sure what you are looking for but I have tinkered a little with mine. I have a set of tailored Nitrons fitted on my Evora S. It is an improvement over stock in my mind.

Then again Lotus haven't changed the suspension on any of their Evora's since launch have they? S1 NA same as GT430?
What Nitrons did you have?

I will also replace its rear toe links,front rods and bushings for upgrades.

2014 Evora (NA) / MT / 2-0
BOE Chargecooler Series (FUTURE)

Last edited by phenoyz; 04-29-2019 at 05:42 PM.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Finally got the S sway bar , install pics to follow

2014 Evora (NA) / MT / 2-0
BOE Chargecooler Series (FUTURE)
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 08:49 PM

My mechanic once joked with me saying, “If Colin Chapman saw how you drove this car he’d be rolling over in his grave. This car is meant to be driven and driven hard just like Chapman would have wanted”. For me at least I wouldn’t think suspension upgrades would be worth it. That’s not to say, however, everyone should think the same way.

I’m my opinion it’s an individual choice and I’m anxious to see how it turned out for the OP and if it made a noticeable difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in