The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Arizona Service/Dealer?

16K views 67 replies 27 participants last post by  jakeguzman1 
#1 ·
Have any Arizona Evora owners on the board been in touch with Brighton Motorsports lately? I’m trying to get my car in for repair of pack rat damage. I tried contacting them back in January the week before I flew away to Dubai for 4 months but they didn’t respond to phone messages or emails. Tried calling last week and left another message. Just went to the Lotus USA website which still has them listed as an authorized service center, but when I clicked on their website link it led to an error page. I’m starting to wonder if they went out of business. I hope I don’t have to drive to Las Vegas or Los Angeles to get the repair work done. :huh:

#3 ·
Yeah, they aren’t a dealer but they were an official Lotus service center. They did warranty work on my car after I purchased it last year. They also were open and evaluated the pack rat damage to my car just after the new year. Then two weeks later they stopped responding to my calls and emails.

#5 ·
@;

That’s ominous. So much for the Geely improvement of the dealer network. So no Lotus certified service in Arizona. :facepalm

#7 ·
Yeah, it’s less than a year into the warranty.

#10 ·
My car is going need a new wiring harness among other things. It needs to be done by a Lotus certified service center to maintain the warranty. If it were out of warranty I’d be happy to do that. So it looks like I’ll have to take a 6 hour drive to LA or Vegas then fly home. Then fly back when it’s repaired and drive home. Lotus, if you’re listening . . . it takes a rare idiot like me to be ok with this. You aren’t ever going to sell cars outside of the tiny enthusiast circle until you fix this.

Reactions: Midenginer
#17 ·
I just talked to Simon who ran the service department for Brighton Motorsports. He said the owners did close down the store/shop, so they are out of business of doing any repairs.
Thanks for finding out for me. Very disappointing, but time to move on and figure out how to handle this. Cheers.

#18 ·
That sucks. Sorry to hear you are going to need to travel for warranty work. As for out of warranty, Corey at Vault is really good. Gregory with British Automotive Repair is a really good guy with a good shop. I take my Jag there and he says he’s worked on several Evoras, although I haven’t taken my Lotus there. He’s great and honest with my Jag though.

#19 ·
Just a thought: does anybody know the contact info of the relevant person at Lotus USA I can speak to about this? Maybe they would allow Vault to do the work and not void the warranty given Corey’s background as a Lotus technician.

#21 ·
Thanks. I’ll give it a shot. :up:

#23 ·
I’m guessing they are still doing whatever was taking up most of the space in that warehouse. Thanks for following up!

#30 ·
Haha, great. So where are Phoenix people going to take their cars for service? Every time I was at Brighton there were at least 2 or 3 Evoras in for service so there is obviously a need.

There is a place down here in Tucson that my insurance company was trying to get me to take my car to before I told them I wasn’t going to void my warranty. It’s called Falconworks and they have supposedly worked on Lotuses. I don’t know if they have the diagnostic computers or not.

#36 ·
Falconworks in Tucson just completed a fluid change and AC fix on my newly acquired 2010 Evora. they are primarily a Jaguar/Land Rover shop but can work with Lotus as well. I've found them to be honest and reliable. Also, Corey in Phoenix is now employed at Casio Motors in Scottsdale.

#37 ·
Falconworks in Tucson just did a scan on my 2010 Evora, cleared and reset as needed and replaced the MAF sensor. I had to have it towed in last Wednesday and picked it up today. Ran fine all the way home on a nice twisty road. They can do rewiring to correct rodent damage as well. I just bought this Lotus but they have taken care of both my Jag XK8 and my '65 S-type. they are knowledgeable, dependable, and fair.

#39 ·
Mine wasn't cooling at all. They diagnosed the system and pinpointed leaks in the condenser. They replaced the condenser and the receiver/drier, cleaned out the whole system, put it back together, road tested it, and now it works fine. Pretty important this time of year in Southern Arizona!