BOE S and IPS tunes - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 04:36 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius97 View Post
@shinoo . I was taking a look at these and noticed it is for the Evora and the Elise/Exige. Would I have to buy two of these for each one of my cars? I see it says locked to the car so I would assume so. Would hate to have to buy two, is there a way to lock it to my Evora and Elise with one? Happy to pay for the tunes of course but not two programmers.

Also is there a difference with the tune you have via this method for the Katana? I am currently on the SECANT tune from when I purchased the Katana II many moons ago.
Unfortunately there is no way to use one programmer with multiple cars. Each one is tied to a car. We can detach a programmer from a car and it can then be used on another car that it will then get tied to.

Our KATANA tune has been updated now to work with the programmer. Our calibrator has enhanced it a bit as well.

InoKinetic - Tasty Bits for Your Lotus

BlackShadow Motors - Niche Car Sales, Service & Restoration

Email or call (951)296-6762 us for advice. We will respond!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinoo View Post
We've tuned these cars. $1250 for a tune with a hand-held programmer. You can switch between tunes using this controller. We can also send you new tunes - if you made changes - and flash your car. Find them: HERE
Is this for Evora S IPS?

You mention "free flow muffler". Anything specific on this? or a decat pipe enough?

Bonus question:
"Hand-held tool can be used to Read/Clear Engine Codes"

Can this clear the airbag light? If so, that's a pretty cool plus .
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakham View Post
Haha, if this clears the airbag light I'm ordering one today
shakham likes this.

post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 04:06 AM

Please let us know when you have a tune for the Evora Sport 410 that doesn’t need shipping the ECU back and forth.

Thanks!
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 07:45 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakham View Post
Is this for Evora S IPS?

You mention "free flow muffler". Anything specific on this? or a decat pipe enough?

Bonus question:
"Hand-held tool can be used to Read/Clear Engine Codes"

Yes, we have tuned IPS cars. Most of the aftermarket mufflers behave the same and we classify them as free-flow.

Let me check on the airbag light issue.

post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 07:48 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
Please let us know when you have a tune for the Evora Sport 410 that doesn’t need shipping the ECU back and forth.

Thanks!
We will post up when we've tuned a 410.

post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 09:19 AM

Hey @shinoo
Just wondering if your tune you posted on this thread also works with a manual Evora S. It just was not specifically stated.
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousMetal View Post
Hey @shinoo
Just wondering if your tune you posted on this thread also works with a manual Evora S. It just was not specifically stated.
It sure does and I'm enjoying mine
shinoo and PreciousMetal like this.

2011 Evora S Heritage Edition #3 of 4.
SharkWerks Porsches:
2011 Shark 4.1 GT3RS
2009 997S ZTADPOL
2007 997GT3 RS 3.9L ZKERMIT
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately there is no way to use one programmer with multiple cars. Each one is tied to a car. We can detach a programmer from a car and it can then be used on another car that it will then get tied to.

Our KATANA tune has been updated now to work with the programmer. Our calibrator has enhanced it a bit as well.
Makes total sense and I get it. At least if I purchase one it is good to know that I can uncouple it and use it on my Elise. Thanks for the clarification.

2005 Elise- Katana II Supercharged and other fun bits
2011 Evora - Daily Driver
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsharkyross View Post
It sure does and I'm enjoying mine

You have a shop...
Did you dyno the results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #31 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 11:46 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlobo941 View Post
Thanks to Shinoo and Inokinetic for putting an end to my frustration. My programmer is ordered, can't wait!
How's the car running? Partial minds want to know...

post #32 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Quote:
How's the car running? Partial minds want to know...
The car runs fantastic. It really woke up. The service has been an absolute joy from start to finish with unparalleled communication, and attention to detail. Thanks again, headers, pulley and alcohol injection are on the way, so be prepared for another adventure.
post #33 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 03:30 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Link please?
Only just saw this and assumed people could search with my name and subject.

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170...ml#post5054913

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) Lotus MS alloy pan, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype Stage 2 - 420+bHp **SOLD**
post #34 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 09:36 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
The car runs fantastic. It really woke up. The service has been an absolute joy from start to finish with unparalleled communication, and attention to detail. Thanks again, headers, pulley and alcohol injection are on the way, so be prepared for another adventure.
Great, we will be ready when you are. Thanks again!

post #35 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian73 View Post
Only just saw this and assumed people could search with my name and subject.

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170...ml#post5054913
Wow... What a $hit show that thread was from that point. Jesus.
post #36 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 05:47 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:

A real shame as the OP asked a good question and the 1st two responders were Ramtin (with the first NA to SC conversion) and me with exhaust comparisons. I had no stake in the game but was an earlier adopter with a few burn marks on my butt.

Last edited by Julian73; 06-02-2018 at 09:19 AM.
post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:

A real shame as the OP asked a good question and the 1st two responders were Ramtin and with the first NA to SC conversion and me with exhaust comparisions. I had no stake in the game but was an earlier adopter with a few burn marks on my butt.
I think Phil handled himself well in that exchange, and definitely maintained his credibility. My ONLY pause in ordering his headers is that Phil pretty obviously ignored on no fewer than 5 instances to answer 2bulars claim that a separate design is necessary for the S cars and NA cars. He would intuitively explain things, skirt insults, and answer questions, but avoid that issue all together, even when it was part of the post to which he was answering.
brgelise likes this.
post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 09:14 AM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
I think Phil handled himself well in that exchange, and definitely maintained his credibility. My ONLY pause in ordering his headers is that Phil pretty obviously ignored on no fewer than 5 instances to answer 2bulars claim that a separate design is necessary for the S cars and NA cars. He would intuitively explain things, skirt insults, and answer questions, but avoid that issue all together, even when it was part of the post to which he was answering.
I may add my own observations as to whether it really matters. The BOE headers were developed for the Evora Cup and Pirelli World Challenge cars which are obviously normal aspirated and criterial to exhaust extraction. Perhaps a gain could be made with a retuning to the higher flowing pressurized cars, but in practice my car gained so much power over the prior headers that it didn't seem worthwhile. Phil has tested a number of makes including spending many, many thousands on the Lotus GT4 header and admittedly, he tested a 2bular header of the shelf that Jim now claims is invalid as he updated his headers. In private I would bet that Phil would say his headers could be improved for the SC cars, but from a business sense that the market volume is not there to justify and from the technical side, no-one has proven a header with a higher capability.

For the record I extended an offer to both Phil and Jim that I was would offer my car to be shipped to VSA Racing for them to install and independently test with each companies header. Winner gets paid for his header, loser gets his header returned. I was willing to cover all costs of labour and dyno testing; tune would be in my prior as-is Komo-Tec version from 2012. Jim declined the challenge, claiming that the test would be rigged, that Allan of VSA and I were pawns of Phil and that the tune would be tweaked to make him look bad. Paranioa; Allan owns a racing team with one goal, to get the fastest cars, I am an individual hobbies on a budget looking for the best value for my money. That it as you may. Phil has worked with me on developing parts for the Evora, I was his first such customer after a interviewed a number around the country to take on the work back in 2012. If someone else builds a better mousetrap in non unobtainium pricing I will just ship.

Please take this testimonial as you may.

post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
BANNED

Quote:
In private I would bet that Phil would say his headers could be improved for the SC cars, but from a business sense that the market volume is not there to justify and from the technical side, no-one has proven a header with a higher capability.
I'd say it most certainly is, as there are a fixed number of NA Evoras out there, granted, 2:1 against the S, but every Evora being built for the last 2 years, now, and for the foreseeable future are all forced induction sharing the same engine platform.

Either way, I was trying to decide between the BOE and PB racing short headers (a $900 difference between the two). The difference in price doesn't bother me one bit, as long as there is a return in gains between the two options. What is your advice based on you being the ONE and only person here who has had legitimate experience with both types of setup?
post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 10:45 AM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
I'd say it most certainly is, as there are a fixed number of NA Evoras out there, granted, 2:1 against the S, but every Evora being built for the last 2 years, now, and for the foreseeable future are all forced induction sharing the same engine platform.

Either way, I was trying to decide between the BOE and PB racing short headers (a $900 difference between the two). The difference in price doesn't bother me one bit, as long as there is a return in gains between the two options. What is your advice based on you being the ONE and only person here who has had legitimate experience with both types of setup?
PB short headers were very similar to my Komo-Tec shorties. Go with long. be it BOE, PB, Larini .. night and day torque difference.

People may have more experience now, but in early days of the PB Longs's it was requiring an engine out install. BOE's is broken down such that the twisting and turning to feed up to the ports can be done in the engine bay confines.

Put it this way, .. i have purchase 3 header sets for the Evora on my S1, Komo-Tec then BOE; when it came to purchasing for my 410 with a wealth of options and data at my hands I went with BOE again, without question and someday I will get a tune and back to back dyno results: raw header, stock, header w/tune.

Last edited by Julian73; 06-02-2018 at 10:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in