BOE Stage 1 Tune numbers for Evora S - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

BOE Stage 1 Tune numbers for Evora S

So after a lot of research between Komotech and a few others I am seriously close to purchasing a Stage 1 Ecu tune from BOE.
Quoted gains are 35 to 41 HP. I have a new air filter and a Plack exhaust already. My question is will I notice these quoted gains????
I do not race or track my car. Just in the seat fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 08:32 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdom View Post
So after a lot of research between Komotech and a few others I am seriously close to purchasing a Stage 1 Ecu tune from BOE.
Quoted gains are 35 to 41 HP. I have a new air filter and a Plack exhaust already. My question is will I notice these quoted gains????
I do not race or track my car. Just in the seat fun.
What you will notice from the BOE tune is an very smooth throttle response (excellent tip in as you accelerate), smooth stop and go, what you seat of the pants may give you is a feeling that power is down, not up, but as you notice the car raving so much quicker and reaching high speed quicker you'll appreciate that power is up. Reason for the feeling perception is two fold, 1) torque curve is flatter, our bodies not feel velocity, or even acceleration much what we really sense is the change in acceleration .. well lumpy torque curves and turbo cars with boost kicking in feel great, but what is quicker is if you had the torque from the beginning; 2) I would find myself in a 1 higher gear many times, because the acceleration was so good.

These notes are from my observations during my 500 mile drive home after my second tune at BOE (1st using their Fastworks) my prior tune was a Kold-fire thus I was already on headers, however even with my Stage 2 setup, the tune was night and day.

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) Lotus MS alloy pan, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype Stage 2 - 420+bHp **SOLD**
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

first thank you for the info. maybe not a good use of cash if I really can't feel the increase. I do not street race or track so maybe this is a bad use of cash in regards to fun factor. with the filter and Plack exhaust it seems a little better and the sound is awesome. so fun factor was 100 on that

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 03:05 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdom View Post
first thank you for the info. maybe not a good use of cash if I really can't feel the increase. I do not street race or track so maybe this is a bad use of cash in regards to fun factor. with the filter and Plack exhaust it seems a little better and the sound is awesome. so fun factor was 100 on that
The smoothness of the throttle response is justification enough to get the tune. I may have mis-stated the above as my seat of the pants was measuring between another companies Stage 2 parts and tune I had installed vs. my later switch to BOE Stage 2 with a delta power of +22 Hp and 4500 rpm and a larger spread above 6000. Power definitely showed on the dyno (same dyno for both tests) with a power gain from 2000 to redline and a torque curve above 300 lbs-ft from a prior 3200 to 5000, to now from 2100 to 6250. All said, the single best thing you can add to an Evora is a BOE Tune.

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) Lotus MS alloy pan, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype Stage 2 - 420+bHp **SOLD**

Last edited by Julian73; 08-14-2019 at 05:22 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

Julian thanks again for the time and input. I think I get where you are coming from. for $1365 there are other things I could do to the car. I would like to get some carbon pieces for the interior as well. I think if the hp numbers were higher I would be excited but at 35 I am hesitant. I do understand the smoother acceleration part so I do appreciate your feedback. i know the car will never be a GTR or an r8 on a straight acceleration comparison unless I spend major money
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in