brake pads replacement advise - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

brake pads replacement advise

Hello everyone i was wondering what would you recommend as a brake pads replacement. I have 2010 evora and its time for new brake pads, im close to 40k miles . I looked online but to be hones its my first lotus so not sure what are the good options. I dont race but i was thinking about taking car to the track at least once this year.

Your advise will be appreciated

Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 03:07 PM
Galactic Hitchhiker

Garage
If you're not going to track it heavy, the stock pads are fantastic.

You can pay extra for the Lotus kits if you really want, but they're just Ferodo DS2500's. Part numbers FRP3083H and FRP3015H .
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 03:10 PM

These.....
Attached Images

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 03:16 PM

Joking aside....they did a decent little write up over at BOE on pads, good educational read. I am sure several will be chiming in here to help you out. I haven't changed the pads on my Evora but run Hawks on my Elise....so I'm really no help at all except for the "giggle post" above.

https://www.boefab.com/blogs/tech/stop-brake-pads
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 05:20 AM

Stock pads aka Ferrodo 2500's a re great stuff. Stick with them.

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
12 Maxda MX-5 Miata GT PRHT True Red/Black leather
11 Lotus Evora "S" Persian Blue, Grey/Black Suedetex/Leather
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius97 View Post
Joking aside....they did a decent little write up over at BOE on pads, good educational read. I am sure several will be chiming in here to help you out. I haven't changed the pads on my Evora but run Hawks on my Elise....so I'm really no help at all except for the "giggle post" above.

https://www.boefab.com/blogs/tech/stop-brake-pads

Great link thank you
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

looks like Ferrodo 2500 is the way to go thank you everyone
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 10:30 AM

Garage
I'm starting to look around too. I found the Ferodo DS2500s for $128 each here:
https://www.bestbrakes.com/c/car-ser...2+LOTUS+EVORA+

I'm pretty solid on the DS2500s but...I just put EBC Redstuff pads on my Jag XF-R last weekend. We'll see how they do. Intel in this forum says they aren't good, we'll see after they bed in. Lots more weight and HP (550) on the Jag but similar performance specs to our Evoras. They just go about it SO differently (elegance vs. brute force).
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 10:41 AM

I was in an F Type S at last track day. Was surprised in Auto that tranny was easily confused. He had it in sport auto I believe. I'd suggest you use the paddles for track. But he also said his last track day he got a hot tranny light and (as not good as he was-being polite) he was ablre to get this. Just FYI

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 11:28 AM
Plug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lckitty View Post
I'm starting to look around too. I found the Ferodo DS2500s for $128 each here:
https://www.bestbrakes.com/c/car-ser...2+LOTUS+EVORA+

I'm pretty solid on the DS2500s but...I just put EBC Redstuff pads on my Jag XF-R last weekend. We'll see how they do. Intel in this forum says they aren't good, we'll see after they bed in. Lots more weight and HP (550) on the Jag but similar performance specs to our Evoras. They just go about it SO differently (elegance vs. brute force).

For a few bucks less, you can buy the 2500s from us

https://www.boefab.com/collections/b...500-brake-pads

Cheers,

Phil

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 11:59 AM

Garage
Excellent, you're my new source.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 12:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lckitty View Post
I'm pretty solid on the DS2500s but...I just put EBC Redstuff pads on my Jag XF-R last weekend. We'll see how they do. Intel in this forum says they aren't good, we'll see after they bed in.
I've had the Redstuffs on mine since last year. I don't notice any less stopping ability compared to the OEMs, but marginally less brake dust, which is what I was after. I don't track my car though, so YMMV depending on usage.

2011 Evora NA - Phantom Black | Paprika | MT | 2+.5
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 03:15 PM

Garage
I'm after less dust and am street only. I may play with the red stuff a while to see before I decide.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 05:52 PM

Garage
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but has anyone tried G-Loc R12 pads or EBC yellow/blue/orange stuff? The car will mostly see track days but I have to drive it there, so some street use is still necessary.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 04:58 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LES11 View Post
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but has anyone tried G-Loc R12 pads or EBC yellow/blue/orange stuff? The car will mostly see track days but I have to drive it there, so some street use is still necessary.
I had EBC yellows on my old S1, loved them!
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 09:34 AM

EBC lov'm or hat'm. No middle ground.

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 08:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brgelise View Post
EBC lov'm or hat'm. No middle ground.
Do tell, is it performance, noise, dust, wear?
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 04:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LES11 View Post
Do tell, is it performance, noise, dust, wear?
I'll admit, they were really dusty, but not too noisy, great bite and the price to performance was what did it for me.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 09:04 AM

I have just been forced to enter the unknown on my 2011 Evora S in braking world. Ever since my 2010, same as the '11, I have run Hawk DTC 70 (HB585U.660) on both the front and rear. They worked fine with stock rotors because of the minimal diameter difference. On the rears, you use 100% of the surface and the outside pad lapped the inner edge ~1.5mm. That just flaked off as the pads wore down. A few years ago, I installed the Ultrdiscs on the fronts and had no pad issues. Now I decided after 30 days on a set of flat rotors to install my rear Ultradiscs. Houston we have a problem. That inner edge just contacts the hardware when the caliper bolts are fully snugged. DAMN!!! It appears that our rear pad size is a bit of an anomaly, of course , and I will have to change pads to a special rear size. No biggie. Seems the only option are the EBC. I would like to know if they are the same quality as the Hawks which have been VERY reliable, predictable, and durable and powerful. Do we have any other race endurance options out there??

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 07:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brgelise View Post
I have just been forced to enter the unknown on my 2011 Evora S in braking world. Ever since my 2010, same as the '11, I have run Hawk DTC 70 (HB585U.660) on both the front and rear. They worked fine with stock rotors because of the minimal diameter difference. On the rears, you use 100% of the surface and the outside pad lapped the inner edge ~1.5mm. That just flaked off as the pads wore down. A few years ago, I installed the Ultrdiscs on the fronts and had no pad issues. Now I decided after 30 days on a set of flat rotors to install my rear Ultradiscs. Houston we have a problem. That inner edge just contacts the hardware when the caliper bolts are fully snugged. DAMN!!! It appears that our rear pad size is a bit of an anomaly, of course , and I will have to change pads to a special rear size. No biggie. Seems the only option are the EBC. I would like to know if they are the same quality as the Hawks which have been VERY reliable, predictable, and durable and powerful. Do we have any other race endurance options out there??

How do you know the EBCs are our only option with Utradiscs on the rear? I'm looking to put those on all four corners, so I'm keen to get the right pads for the upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in