Buying a 430 in the states - Page 8 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 195Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 405 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 01:40 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyCaptain View Post
Thanks Julian. I wasnít there Friday evening to hear LCU speak, but did talk to them directly after the banquet. Appreciate the info you posted.

Btw, I canít imagine the Federalized GT430 not having the front splitter.
Really nothing specific on those cars at the Friday reception. Lotus USA talk was on the 5 new models, electric all cf, super car (not the Esprit), the SUV and 3 sports cars in the lotus tradition mold. No names but probably the next generation Elise, Evora and Esprit .. over next 5 year span, then a regular interval model replacement cycle.

All future cars will be co developed fro all Lotus markets Euro, Federal, ROW and will be introduced simultaneously; maybe it means the car is the lowest common denominator, but in reality next years euro safety and emissions standards are last years US standard and China is trying to get on par with the toughest regulation. I universal car means lower parts inventory cost, less support costs tracking variations and ability to reassign prodcution to markets that boom, or pull out and reassign cars from market that wane.

Lotus USA Pricing model is being reevaluated, dealer markdowns are due to Lotus incentives plus desperation by dealers. Lotus wants to shore up pricing, stopping dealer big drops but will themselves lower MSRP's to be more realistic. Someone heard a huge drop in GT430 price of 105 base, I don't know I didn't hear it but cheaper than 150 yes for sure it will be. Cheaper than my Sport 410 at $127,530 MSRP, who knows, <face palm>

Lotus has hired a 3rd party marketing group .. process is starting

Lotus is evaluating dealers are at 43 in US and plan to get to 50 plus 4 independent service centers per dealer scattered around dealers regions to fill in the gaps. Additional training of techs, claim that parts supply has greatly improved in last 3 months.

Back to the GT-430, planned introduction at a southern US track in 1st week of December, 3 day event with dealer drives, classroom and 3rd dat interested owner drives. Invitations will come from dealer to those with reservations, and maybe those that show strong interest to dealer. Customers will be able to spec and order their own car at the end of the test drives .. so while not stated, pricing may be given at this function and cars could start hitting customers in early 2019. The engine will be a US certified 430 Hp.

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) LMS alloy pan, BOE headers, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype Stage 2 - 420+bHp **SOLD**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 405 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 01:45 PM
Loves to talk

Garage
Not 430 related but since it came up, we're hosting James for the next day or so here and it's been great fun. I asked him what he thought of my comment regarding 430 pricing and he scoffed at it. I was reluctant to suggest the price I heard and at this point let's call it a hopeful rumor.

We'll be waving James off this weekend for the Dragon. You guys have fun now, ya hear?

Lew
'17 Evora 400 MT
post #143 of 405 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 03:54 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusquacious View Post
Not 430 related but since it came up, we're hosting James for the next day or so here and it's been great fun. I asked him what he thought of my comment regarding 430 pricing and he scoffed at it. I was reluctant to suggest the price I heard and at this point let's call it a hopeful rumor.

We'll be waving James off this weekend for the Dragon. You guys have fun now, ya hear?
Just a guess but i'm thinking base models .. 400's 86, Sport 410 100, GT430Sport 124, GT430 133

post #144 of 405 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Julian those prices sound reasonable. Something that would work, prices I would expect and pay for these models.

The whole thing sounds like itís going to be tough to keep another new Lotus out of our garage. Truly exciting to think what might happen in these next few years.

And this time it feels like it will actually happen.

Anyone can make something complicated. It takes genius to make it simple. Einstein.
2011 Evora S Racing Heritage Edition (#3 of 4) (Now with alexsharkeyross)
2005 Elise LRG, track prepped ,
1974 Lotus Europa Special 3841R in JPS livery
2007 Toyota Tundra (about 10 cup holders), traded for 2015 Tundra TRD PRO
2007 Audi S4 DTM (RIP) 1980 Rover SD1 (new home) 2015 Honda Civic Si
2016 370Z Nismo
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed 2019 Lexus LC500
post #145 of 405 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 04:39 PM
craigyirush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian73 View Post
Really nothing specific on those cars at the Friday reception. Lotus USA talk was on the 5 new models, electric all cf, super car (not the Esprit), the SUV and 3 sports cars in the lotus tradition mold. No names but probably the next generation Elise, Evora and Esprit .. over next 5 year span, then a regular interval model replacement cycle.

All future cars will be co developed fro all Lotus markets Euro, Federal, ROW and will be introduced simultaneously; maybe it means the car is the lowest common denominator, but in reality next years euro safety and emissions standards are last years US standard and China is trying to get on par with the toughest regulation. I universal car means lower parts inventory cost, less support costs tracking variations and ability to reassign prodcution to markets that boom, or pull out and reassign cars from market that wane.

Lotus USA Pricing model is being reevaluated, dealer markdowns are due to Lotus incentives plus desperation by dealers. Lotus wants to shore up pricing, stopping dealer big drops but will themselves lower MSRP's to be more realistic. Someone heard a huge drop in GT430 price of 105 base, I don't know I didn't hear it but cheaper than 150 yes for sure it will be. Cheaper than my Sport 410 at $127,530 MSRP, who knows, <face palm>

Lotus has hired a 3rd party marketing group .. process is starting

Lotus is evaluating dealers are at 43 in US and plan to get to 50 plus 4 independent service centers per dealer scattered around dealers regions to fill in the gaps. Additional training of techs, claim that parts supply has greatly improved in last 3 months.

Back to the GT-430, planned introduction at a southern US track in 1st week of December, 3 day event with dealer drives, classroom and 3rd dat interested owner drives. Invitations will come from dealer to those with reservations, and maybe those that show strong interest to dealer. Customers will be able to spec and order their own car at the end of the test drives .. so while not stated, pricing may be given at this function and cars could start hitting customers in early 2019. The engine will be a US certified 430 Hp.
Thanks for relaying the news from LOG. Lots to comment on, but most significant in the short term is the intent to improve the dealer network, tech training, and (crucially) allow good independent shops to do warranty work. Surely some of the reluctance to purchase the 400 in the states (without a steep discount) must be concerns about whether there'll be good dealer service close to the buyer. The stories on here about shoddy PDIs can't be helping either . . .

05 Elise, ST, sports, touring, hardtop, DBA 4000 slotted discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads, Sector 111 gpan3, EP Tuning Quickrack, Pro Alloy rad, DS brace, HnT pad, front and rear tow hooks, CG lock, ORE double cup holder (caffeine for track); '86 911 Targa (sold); '68 MGB (being restored)
post #146 of 405 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 07:56 AM

Hi guys,

Wanted to ask this question but it doesn't yet seem worthy of its own thread so this seems like the right spot. I'm currently looking at a 400 that specs out to around 105 on MSRP. It seems that many allude to deals being plentiful on the 400 right now and furthermore this potential pricing restructure that would put a base 430 at the same price as this 400.

So my question is twofold - 1 should I even consider buying a car now (next 1-2 months) with a pricing restructure on the horizon? Should I try to push for a lower price than say 100 on a 105msrp? I'm really only familiar with the price flexibility limits on cars with much higher production numbers.

Thanks in advance and happy to be potentially joining the community.
post #147 of 405 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 01:20 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCH View Post
Hi guys,

Wanted to ask this question but it doesn't yet seem worthy of its own thread so this seems like the right spot. I'm currently looking at a 400 that specs out to around 105 on MSRP. It seems that many allude to deals being plentiful on the 400 right now and furthermore this potential pricing restructure that would put a base 430 at the same price as this 400.

So my question is twofold - 1 should I even consider buying a car now (next 1-2 months) with a pricing restructure on the horizon? Should I try to push for a lower price than say 100 on a 105msrp? I'm really only familiar with the price flexibility limits on cars with much higher production numbers.

Thanks in advance and happy to be potentially joining the community.
Welcome to LT! The 430 will not be the same price as current 400's. Sure would be nice, but I'd guess a $30k+ spread and no where near 105k. If you're looking at a 400 and want to save a few bucks, feel free to call me to discuss our demo with full warranty which I'd be happy to work with you on. Save the money up front and drive the 400 now and in 6 months time, you can then ready your order guide for a 430. In the meantime, put a deposit down 430's arrive in the spring you can trade up.

-Brian
post #148 of 405 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMS_Sales View Post
Welcome to LT! The 430 will not be the same price as current 400's. Sure would be nice, but I'd guess a $30k+ spread and no where near 105k. If you're looking at a 400 and want to save a few bucks, feel free to call me to discuss our demo with full warranty which I'd be happy to work with you on. Save the money up front and drive the 400 now and in 6 months time, you can then ready your order guide for a 430. In the meantime, put a deposit down 430's arrive in the spring you can trade up.

-Brian
Brian, Thank you for your reply, it is good to know the price wont be dropped as much as rumored in the post at the top of this page stating 105...

That demo car looks nice but I am not in the market for a yellow car. Given that the dealership network is sparse and there is only one dealer by me, I think it would be best for me to work with them on a car since they will do all of the service. I am not looking to save money, but I don't want to overpay for a new car that will take a big price drop hit on top of the normal depreciation hit.
post #149 of 405 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMS_Sales View Post

-Brian
It seems my other post got deleted? Apologies if this is a duplicate.

Brian, Thanks for your insight. I'm glad to know that 105 base number is not accurate for the 430.

I am mostly looking to work with my local dealer since there is only 1 and I will need to have a good relationship with them for service. Also not particularly interested in a yellow car but it does seem like a great deal if I was looking to save some money.
post #150 of 405 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 06:41 AM

FYI

Last edited by senna's daddy; 09-05-2018 at 07:58 AM. Reason: I was asked by sender not to publish his email
post #151 of 405 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 08:35 AM

Roadster?

When I got my '12 Evora NA IPS, I told myself I wouldn't get another Lotus until there was an Evora roadster, because as much as I liked it, I missed the ability to remove the top, as I had with my prior Elise. When I saw what was happening with prices, I justified getting a '14 S IPS because it was much improved fit and finish wise, and of course more powerful. I told myself I would definitely not get another Evora unless it was a roadster, and besides, since the Evora was built to allow a roadster, how much longer could it be? When the warranty was up on my '14, and there was no roadster in site, I somewhat reluctantly purchased my current 400. Many '19s are now out, so with yet another promised date (M. Gales stating October, 2018 in at least one article as the delivery date for the roadster - let alone messages on this board dating back to 2010), and no comments in this thread about any updates from LCUSA, it makes you wonder what the issue is. Porsche makes a convertible version of most of their cars, and Aston, Ferrari, Jaguar, Maserati, etc., etc. all have roadspydertargavertibles.

Scarily, "five new models" echoes a darker time in the recent past, so I'll just let that one be.

I would be hard-pressed to trade my 400 for a 430 any time soon, but that's just me.
GatorMS_Sales likes this.
post #152 of 405 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 08:42 AM

There's not going to be a current-gen Evora roadster. Hopefully we will see the next-gen sports cars this month at Lotus' 70th anniversary party at their HQ

2005 Nightfall Blue Elise: Sport, Touring, Quantum Zeros, Pro Alloy, BWR De-Cat, Stage II, BOE Torque200 tune
post #153 of 405 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 12:49 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCH View Post
It seems my other post got deleted? Apologies if this is a duplicate.

Brian, Thanks for your insight. I'm glad to know that 105 base number is not accurate for the 430.

I am mostly looking to work with my local dealer since there is only 1 and I will need to have a good relationship with them for service. Also not particularly interested in a yellow car but it does seem like a great deal if I was looking to save some money.
I am glad to hear you are supportive of your local dealer! Hopefully find out more information on the 430 in the next few months. Exciting times are around the corner!
post #154 of 405 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 12:55 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
When I got my '12 Evora NA IPS, I told myself I wouldn't get another Lotus until there was an Evora roadster, because as much as I liked it, I missed the ability to remove the top, as I had with my prior Elise. When I saw what was happening with prices, I justified getting a '14 S IPS because it was much improved fit and finish wise, and of course more powerful. I told myself I would definitely not get another Evora unless it was a roadster, and besides, since the Evora was built to allow a roadster, how much longer could it be? When the warranty was up on my '14, and there was no roadster in site, I somewhat reluctantly purchased my current 400. Many '19s are now out, so with yet another promised date (M. Gales stating October, 2018 in at least one article as the delivery date for the roadster - let alone messages on this board dating back to 2010), and no comments in this thread about any updates from LCUSA, it makes you wonder what the issue is. Porsche makes a convertible version of most of their cars, and Aston, Ferrari, Jaguar, Maserati, etc., etc. all have roadspydertargavertibles.

Scarily, "five new models" echoes a darker time in the recent past, so I'll just let that one be.

I would be hard-pressed to trade my 400 for a 430 any time soon, but that's just me.
There are no 2019's in US and don't count on any. Launch of 430 should predicate new MY date. I don't think we'll see a roadspydertagacaplidtopible until the new 'Elise' or the new 'Esprit' or the all new carbon chassis 'X'.

Hope you're driving the tires off your 400!

-Brian
post #155 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 12:17 PM
Supporting Vendor

Update!

If I had specs, pricing, more info of any sort, I'd gladly share. I think they'll all be 2020MY

Lotus is pre-producing several North American Spec Gt430ís as we speak. These vehicles will be imported in November and used for two functions:

1. A Launch activity the first week of December. Depositors will be invited to fly to Huston, TX. (their expense). Lotus will host a several day program for depositors and they'll have the ability to order one of the first in country. They will be the first to see, drive, inspect and if they wish- spec out their GT 430 before they leave MSR raceway. Those vehicles will be the first ordered GTís for North America.

2. Lotus will utilize MSR Raceway for a Press Launch for the GT 430.

If you're not on a list, feel free to contact me so you can order one of the first in the country!

-Brian
neight, Julian73 and Twaszak! like this.
post #156 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for getting this news along to us. Sounds like something will actually be happening, and being done with appropriate flair.

Anyone can make something complicated. It takes genius to make it simple. Einstein.
2011 Evora S Racing Heritage Edition (#3 of 4) (Now with alexsharkeyross)
2005 Elise LRG, track prepped ,
1974 Lotus Europa Special 3841R in JPS livery
2007 Toyota Tundra (about 10 cup holders), traded for 2015 Tundra TRD PRO
2007 Audi S4 DTM (RIP) 1980 Rover SD1 (new home) 2015 Honda Civic Si
2016 370Z Nismo
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed 2019 Lexus LC500
post #157 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 10:57 AM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Deposit in
2011 chrome orange likes this.

post #158 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 11:39 AM

Lucky dog!

I am contemplating putting a deposit down myself. I wish Lotus would tell us just a little bit of info about the car - i.e. will it still have the Ohlins dampers, which seats will it have, and roughly how much it will cost! I don't want to get my hopes up thinking about getting one if it ends up being 150k, because that isn't happening for me.
post #159 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 09:17 PM

I can guarantee you it will have the carbon backed folding Sparcos. The 410 GPs weren't available with the one piece seats, and this was largely due to the airbag requirements. The same would be an issue for the 430. You can extrapolate a lot of those little bits over to the 430 from the 410s in the US (won't have different door panels, won't have fixed seats) but according to the well-backed rumors from LOG, the 430 should at least come with the brakes, suspension, and power that the euro cars have.
brgelise and Julian73 like this.

2016 AMG GT-S
2012 Caterham R400 (sold)
2010 Chrome Orange Evora (Sold )
2005 ST Elise (sold)
2002 MB G500 lifted etc.
2003 Cooper S (track)
we'll see what Lotus comes up with next...
post #160 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 04:20 AM

Hey thank you for posting that, invictusmaneo! That makes perfect sense.

Now if only someone knew what the darned car will cost!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in