Buying a 430 in the states - Page 9 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 195Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 05:56 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champale View Post
Hey thank you for posting that, invictusmaneo! That makes perfect sense.

Now if only someone knew what the darned car will cost!
Yes, the lack of info on actual cost is rather frustrating and infuriating and that’s being polite. I’m not sure why they can’t release the damn price already. Hopefully they’re not waiting until the first week of December when the press release is scheduled for because while I’m interested in the Sport version in particular I’m also not going to pay an exorbitant amount of money for it. Not when they’ll probably be several 2018 400s to be had this winter for prices in the 80K’s.

2011 Solar Yellow Elise SC
2009 CO Elise SC (R.I.P)
2012 Solar Yellow Evora S
6 spd., 2+2, PB Racing Monza Wheels, Plack Exhaust & one bad ass air freshener (SOLD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 08:04 AM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyCaptain View Post
Yes, the lack of info on actual cost is rather frustrating and infuriating and thatís being polite. Iím not sure why they canít release the damn price already. Hopefully theyíre not waiting until the first week of December when the press release is scheduled for because while Iím interested in the Sport version in particular Iím also not going to pay an exorbitant amount of money for it. Not when theyíll probably be several 2018 400s to be had this winter for prices in the 80Kís.
We may be getting ahead of the game. December really being the introduction of the car and pricing. Opportunity in December to order carte blanc, yes; but looks like the actual customber cars arrive in summer time.

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) LMS alloy pan, BOE headers, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype S 430 **SOLD**
post #163 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 09:36 AM
Loves to talk

Garage
Julian, you are a wild man and a naughty, naughty boy! Congrats on your order!

Lew
'17 Evora 400 MT

post #164 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMS_Sales View Post
Update!

If I had specs, pricing, more info of any sort, I'd gladly share. I think they'll all be 2020MY

Lotus is pre-producing several North American Spec Gt430ís as we speak. These vehicles will be imported in November and used for two functions:

1. A Launch activity the first week of December. Depositors will be invited to fly to Huston, TX. (their expense). Lotus will host a several day program for depositors and they'll have the ability to order one of the first in country. They will be the first to see, drive, inspect and if they wish- spec out their GT 430 before they leave MSR raceway. Those vehicles will be the first ordered GTís for North America.

2. Lotus will utilize MSR Raceway for a Press Launch for the GT 430.

If you're not on a list, feel free to contact me so you can order one of the first in the country!

-Brian
Brian - this means no GT430 Sport for the US?

2013 Mazda Mazdaspeed3
2015 Kawasaki H2
2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4
post #165 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 06:28 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieter3d View Post
Brian - this means no GT430 Sport for the US?
Why would you expect this. GT430 Sport is just a despec'd option variation of the full GT430

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) LMS alloy pan, BOE headers, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype S 430 **SOLD**
post #166 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 06:31 PM
Supporting Vendor

post #167 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 09:09 PM
Loves to talk

Garage
Julian, as in a lot less money? If so I feel exonerated but in truth, I just reported a rumor.

Lew
'17 Evora 400 MT
post #168 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 05:36 AM

I got a call from Brian yesterday, and I was disappointed in what the US 430GT will not have, so I've cancelled my order - but the pricing is about right for what you'll not be getting.
post #169 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna's daddy View Post
I got a call from Brian yesterday, and I was disappointed in what the US 430GT will not have, so I've cancelled my order - but the pricing is about right for what you'll not be getting.
Can you share a bit more as to what "will not have" means? I swore I wouldn't replace my '12 IPS until the roadster appeared. No roadster, so '14 S IPS. I swore I wouldn't replace it until the roadster appeared. Hence, the '17 400. I swear I won't replace it until the roadster appears.

So, I guess a GT430 Sport is next. But what does that mean in terms of a US version?
Lckitty likes this.
post #170 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 07:43 AM
Supporting Vendor

Unless you have a deposit to order a 430, more information will not be shared to the public until January. Those who have had deposits for many months will be rewarded by attending the launch.

To answer your question, our rep shared what it will not have is the euro spec front bumper as the brackets behind the bumper couldn’t be relocated or cut into and the seats will use the current backing (thanks to the NHTSA). This information has been shared since LOG.

No additional information will be shared until January. However, many of you will want to start saving your pennies and putting yourselves in a position to order a car when an allocation becomes available. It’s going to be positioned well. We should appreciate the fact we will be getting a 430. The folks at the helm of LCNA have pushed for a proper launch to support the market and dealers and most importantly, in support of you the customer. With little funding available, LCNA have pushed to make this a successful launch. I hope the media embraces the event and hope it will be a positive event for the company. Geely needs to see how much passion is behind the brand state side.

I firmly believe there will see several S1/S2’s traded in when the pricing, specification, and availability are announced. I also believe we will see more cross shopping than we have before. I hope to take several P cars on trade. 😀

If you don’t have a deposit on a 430, contact hour nearest dealer or feel free to give me a call as we are accepting deposits. I believe by this time next year, you won’t see many 430’s sitting at dealers. This will be a limited car and few will be available as stock units in NA.

Exciting times ahead!

-Brian
Julian73 likes this.
post #171 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 07:48 AM
Loves to talk

Garage
Assuming one is prepared to place a deposit, will pricing be revealed or will one simply be securing a spot?

Lew
'17 Evora 400 MT
post #172 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 07:51 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusquacious View Post
Assuming one is prepared to place a deposit, will pricing be revealed or will one simply be securing a spot?
This information should be available to dealers within 2-3 weeks time and shared with depositors.
post #173 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Is it possible to spec an order, or just take an allocation or what's coming?

Anyone can make something complicated. It takes genius to make it simple. Einstein.
2011 Evora S Racing Heritage Edition (#3 of 4) (Now with alexsharkeyross)
2005 Elise LRG, track prepped ,
1974 Lotus Europa Special 3841R in JPS livery
2007 Toyota Tundra (about 10 cup holders), traded for 2015 Tundra TRD PRO
2007 Audi S4 DTM (RIP) 1980 Rover SD1 (new home) 2015 Honda Civic Si
2016 370Z Nismo
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed 2019 Lexus LC500
post #174 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 08:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
To answer your question, our rep shared what it will not have is the euro spec front bumper as the brackets behind the bumper couldnít be relocated or cut into and the seats will use the current backing (thanks to the NHTSA). This information has been shared since LOG.
Are you saying it will have the 400 bumper?

'12 Evora S - 'Bob Lutz' Edition
post #175 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote by: NedaSay

We are not getting the GT410... We are getting a GT430 US spec, that will be a mix of GT410 bits (composite front and rear bumpers instead of carbon) GT430 bits ( carbon front spoiler and rear wing, 430 engine tune, louvered tail gate, and Sparco SP carbon seats, 430 chassis tune) it should come with more kit as standard and should be priced very aggressively. The GT430 will be launched early december at Houston Motorsport ranch where the North American Lotus driver academy is located possibly following a US unveil at Los Angeles autoshow Delivery are set to start in the spring.

US dealers are selling their stock on MY2017 and MY2018 Evora 400, We are not getting any MY2019 400 and we are not getting the GT410 or GT430 Sport as far as i know. Remember that the US Evora 410 Sport was just a 400 with the appearance package of a 410 Sport.
post #176 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 09:05 AM
Premium Member

That’s what he’s saying. It will have the 400 front and the carbon GT430 rear. Really, REALLY disappointing.

2011 Solar Yellow Elise SC
2009 CO Elise SC (R.I.P)
2012 Solar Yellow Evora S
6 spd., 2+2, PB Racing Monza Wheels, Plack Exhaust & one bad ass air freshener (SOLD)
post #177 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 09:07 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHILR8N! View Post
Is it possible to spec an order, or just take an allocation or what's coming?
You can spec an order. Order guides and specs should be available to depositors within a few weeks.
post #178 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack73 View Post
Are you saying it will have the 400 bumper?
Thatís just bat**** crazy. Lotus, I love you . . . but you just managed to shoot yourself in the foot again. Donít blame it on the NHTSA. Everybody else manages to get their cars through without sending over a previous generation bumper on a new car.

2017 Lotus Evora 400 (6-speed) Yellow on Black

2014 Lotus Evora S 2+2 (6-speed) Verde Ithaca paint with Ebony Black/Red piping interior {Sold}

2010 Lotus Evora, White with Paprika interior, (6-speed){Traded-in}
post #179 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 09:29 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByJoveByJingle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mack73 View Post
Are you saying it will have the 400 bumper? [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/LotusTalk_2015/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png[/IMG]
That’s just bat**** crazy. Lotus, I love you . . . but you just managed to shoot yourself in the foot again. Don’t blame it on the NHTSA. Everybody else manages to get their cars through without sending over a previous generation bumper on a new car.
🤦‍♂️ Not going to argue with you or try to explain. It’s comes down to a 2.5mph crash test and would need recertified to the tune of a few million. If it was recertified and the cost then pushed onto the car, I doubt you’d be lining up to lay your wallet down on an Evora costing loads more just for a different bumper. If you don’t like it, not a problem. Many have thought the S2’s front end was a great design out of the gate. There are and will be plenty of others who will commission their 430 stateside.
post #180 of 405 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
🤦‍♂️ Not going to argue with you or try to explain. It’s comes down to a 2.5mph crash test and would need recertified to the tune of a few million. If it was recertified and the cost then pushed onto the car, I doubt you’d be lining up to lay your wallet down on an Evora costing loads more just for a different bumper. If you don’t like it, not a problem. Many have thought the S2’s front end was a great design out of the gate. There are and will be plenty of others who will commission their 430 stateside.
I understand your position and thank you for your passionate defense of Lotus and support for the brand. I’m sure a few enthusiasts keen to shave a few seconds off their lap times will buy the 430. If the price is low enough, people who were in the market for the 400 might buy a 430 as it seems there will be few other options. But the rave reviews for the 430 were equal parts down to performance and for finally getting the exterior styling dead on right. I don’t know if the rules allow, but perhaps Lotus on the down low could offer the proper 430 bumper at a reasonable price to US buyers as a separate part.

2017 Lotus Evora 400 (6-speed) Yellow on Black

2014 Lotus Evora S 2+2 (6-speed) Verde Ithaca paint with Ebony Black/Red piping interior {Sold}

2010 Lotus Evora, White with Paprika interior, (6-speed){Traded-in}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in