The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Certificate of Vehicle Provenance

218K views 455 replies 161 participants last post by  henrymfisher 
#1 · (Edited)
went ahead and ordered my "Certificate of Vehicle Provenance" from the Lotus archives.

Interesting thing is that is list my car as 113 out of 285 Evora NA -eek-
for MY11 for USA market
I thought there were closer to 700 Evoras produced for MY11 in the USA?
This would make our cars much much more rare than I originally thought they were.:coolnana:
Lamborghini has already produced 1000 Aventadors and more than 10000 Gallardos.:p

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Automotive wheel system Auto part

Text Font Document Label Metal

See less See more
Reactions: RodneyAE
#278 ·
Just users local frame shop to make custom frame and matting

#279 ·
Given all the 2014 should be done. We can compile all the information together with year, models, and color? This is what I have so far. I think I am missing some information or I have some outdated information. If anyone have any other information we can make a master list. I am not sure if this is done already if so could someone post a link? I'll edit my information if someone has more information about their year.

2010:
241x Evora NA

Total: 241x

2011:
285x Evora NA
80x Evora S

Total: 365x

2012:
54x Evora S cars
14x Evora Motorsport black GP edition cars,
90x Evora NA IPS cars,
1x Evora NA manual,

Total: 159x

2013:
27x Evora NA
42x Evora NA IPS
26x Evora S
76x Evora S IPS

Total: 147x

2014:
31x Evora NA
62x Evora NA IPS
84x Evora S
103x Evora S IPS

Total: 280x

2010-2014 Total: 1192

-------------------------------
2010-2014
616x Evora NA
194x Evora NA IPS
244x Evora S
179x Evora S IPS
14x Evora Motorsport black GP edition cars

------------------------------
16x 2012 Evora IPS Ardent Red
9x 2012 Ash Grey Trim

(If people have more information of their color and year you can PM me and I'll add your information to the list)

#349 ·
@Timberman Do you have a breakdown of this 118, I have a Canadian count of 97 total. 2010 32 na; 2011 13 na, 14 S; 2013 2 na, 10 ISP-na, 3 S, 4 GP-S; 2013 4 na, 2 ISP-na, 12 S; 2014 1 ISP-NA. my 2014 count is probably short a few.

#283 ·
There are so few in Canada, every colour is unique (almost)!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

#289 ·
I just test drove a 2010 Laser Blue 2+2 (SCCLMDTU9AHA11543) and it had a Certificate if Vehicle Provenance with it. Thought I'd share what it said to help fill in any more pieces to the puzzle...

The car is 170th out of 241 cars, this car is 9th out of 10 cars in Laser Blue; This car is the 6th out of 7 cars in Laser Blue with Black/Charcoal trim, this car is the 3rd out of 4 cars in Laser Blue with Black/Charcoal trim with exactly the same options. (Car was a manual with Sport Package, Technology Package, and Premium Package)

#290 ·
Finally received my documents! It was 72nd out of 325 in 2011. It was 4th out of 27 cars painted Quartz silver(5 cars had the black pack added in the US). It's 1st out of 5 cars to have the black and oyster trim. It is the only one in the same color/trim and options.
It also had the silver forged wheels and trunk net
I have also added a folding mirror switch.
Cool stuff!

#291 · (Edited)
Now I'm deciding on how to frame it. I'd like to present it at the car show in a frame but I don't want a big bulky yard sale sign. I've seen a few ideas on eBay that have plastic frames. I like some of the mounts seen here and ordered a 4" aluminum Lotus badge from eBay. Couple that with a good professional photo, certificate and I think I can come up with something that will fit behind the seat and stand alone at the show.
I don't think I'm going to frame the letter because it's rather boring. I'll keep you posted on the progress, cheers

#292 ·
I got my certificate last year and I'm still trying to figure out how to frame it. Going to a car photo shoot in a couple of weeks. Maybe it will inspire me. Did you frame yours yet?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

#294 ·
I put my certificate and letter in a leather document cover so I could put them on top of a bookcase.

#295 ·
I'm so confused. The OP says he was 113 out of 285 in 2011 USA car, and then myself and another car were out of 325 USA cars in 2011... so what was it? 285 or 325? Does this have anything to do with the China cars?(mine) anyone remember how many came over from China?

#296 ·
When he sent me the copy via email. Before sending out the "official" ones I had questioned about the lack of information about the car going to China. I noticed a few pages back someone else questioned the same thing and it doesn't seem to have been resolved yet. In theory if they changed the production numbers to include the China cars the OP aswell as a few others on here should receive a revised copy to reflect the additional cars..?

Attachments

#298 ·
Someday I'll get around to this.... I know I'm one of 80. Its a loaded S with every option except folding mirror switch (they didn't do black packs yet so....)

#301 ·
What with the massive drop in the Pound Sterling, I decided to jump in and get my certificate a couple of weeks ago, and heard back from Andy this week.

A few interesting things about my MY14 Evora S Manual in Racing Green Metallic: (premium sport black w/red, /tech/backup/forged design wheels)

As far as the "9th rarest of colours on the 14's" USA Racing Green goes, mine is #2 of three MY14 manual Evora S's, (one of the others has the black pack), one of eight total 14's including the IPS's & base, and one of 14 overall including the 3 each in MY12 & 13.

Mine is the only USA racing green with the suede-tex soft trim pack (gearlever gaiter, handbrake gaiter & sleeve, inner door handle and door pocket), making it another "1 of 1".

2014 US Evora numbers:
280 total
31 base
62 IPS
84 S
103 S-IPS

#302 ·
The 2010 model year saw the introduction of the Evora to the USA and continued into the 2011
model year before the revised trim was introduced in the 2012 model year. The following is based
on serial number sequence and data available to date for the USA 2010 model year Evora only;
Your car is the 18th out of 241 cars,
Your car is the 3rd out of 25 cars in Ardent Red,
Your car is the 2nd out of 16 cars in Ardent Red with black/graphite trim,
Your car is the 1st out of 4 cars in Ardent Red with black/graphite trim with the same factory
options, if we included the distributor optional Star shield which your car did not have this makes
your car the 1st out of 2 cars.
Ardent Red was the 3rd most popular colour out of the 20 different colours used on the US 2010
Evora.

The original body colour was Ardent Red, Lotus paint code B94. The interior was trimmed with
premium black and graphite leather. Factory optional extras were; premium trim pack, sport pack,
sports ratio gearbox, silver forged wheels and tech back with backup camera. The car was
signed from production on the 27th January 2010. The car was exported to the US by Lotus Cars
USA who would retain any history once the car enters the US. Their records show the selling
dealer was Lotus of Austin, Texas who sold the car to a customer also in Austin in March 2010.

#303 · (Edited)
I got my actual certs today. I was hoping to do some sort of plaque that would have my match box and a photo as well. I will see what they can come up with.

Well I had this done. I am not sure why this was so tough. I finally had to scan the documents into 8-1/2 x 11 to do this. Oh well I still have the original documents for when I figure something better out in the future. This is great for the garage though.

#304 ·
Just recieved from Andy Graham for MY2013. S IPS 2+2 Laser Blue.
Wonder if the other two MY2013 Laser Blue owners are on the board?
//////////

The following is for the USA market only. The 2012 model year Evora received the revised interior (including new colours) as well as other revisions and the 2013 model year saw the introduction of the Evora S IPS and the 2014 model year was the last for the Evora in the US there was a break before the introduction of the 2017 Evora 400. The 2013 model year consisted of 26 Evora, 42 Evora IPS, 26 Evora S, 76 Evora S IPS. The following is based on serial number sequence and data available to date for the USA 2013 model year Evora S IPS only; Your car was the 40th out of 76 cars, Your car was the 2nd out of 3 cars in Laser Blue (all 3 cars had ‘Sport’ Ebony black leather trim), Your car was the 1st out of 2 cars in Laser Blue with the same options (the other car had silver forged wheels). Laser Blue was the 9th most popular colour out of the 15 different colours used on the US 2013 Evora S IPS. For the final 2014 model year there were a further 103 Evora S IPS, 6 of them was in Laser Blue. The build total for all Evora models for the US market was 1256 cars between the 2010-2014 M.Y.
I hope you find this information of interest and you enjoy your Evora ownership.
Regards,
Andy Graham Lotus Archives

Attachments

#326 ·
I have a MY14 Evora IPS in Laser Blue. It has a the black forged wheels, black pack. black alcantara interior. The laser blue color seems to be very hard to find. Everyone compliments on the beautiful color of the car. When it is polished and waxed, the color is gorgeous. I wanted to protect the paint so I had ceramic coating applied.

#305 ·
"The build total for all Evora models for the US market was 1256 cars between the 2010-2014 M.Y."

This is a little more than what we had thought. Good to know.