The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Certificate of Vehicle Provenance

218K views 455 replies 161 participants last post by  henrymfisher 
#1 · (Edited)
went ahead and ordered my "Certificate of Vehicle Provenance" from the Lotus archives.

Interesting thing is that is list my car as 113 out of 285 Evora NA -eek-
for MY11 for USA market
I thought there were closer to 700 Evoras produced for MY11 in the USA?
This would make our cars much much more rare than I originally thought they were.:coolnana:
Lamborghini has already produced 1000 Aventadors and more than 10000 Gallardos.:p

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Automotive wheel system Auto part

Text Font Document Label Metal

See less See more
Reactions: RodneyAE
#308 ·
#310 ·
IIRC, he actually has to go down to a storage area and dig through boxes of papers to get the CoP information because it's not in a searchable database somewhere.

#313 ·
I know this is an old thread but it is still amazing to read about how rare my car is. I have a MY14 Laser Blue IPS 2+2, NA. I have a black pack and I am the second owner. Just picked it up in November. I've only seen one picture of a Laser Blue with Black Pack on the internet. Seem to be pretty rare indeed.

#319 ·
Here is info 2017 metallic orange Evora 400

The new Evora 400 was launched as a 2017 model year to the USA and Canada with the first car leaving production in August 2016. The following is based on serial number sequence and data available to date for the 2017 Evora 400 for the US market only (excludes 410);
Your car was the 151st out of 317 cars,
Your car was the 17th out of 30 cars in metallic orange,
Your car was the 2nd out of 3 cars in all metallic orange (without black pack),
Your car was the only one in all metallic orange with the black leather pack.
Metallic orange was the 7th most popular colour out of 17 different colours used on the US 2017 Evora 400.

#323 ·
Here's the details on my 400.

"The original body colour was metallic white (Lotus paint code C201) with Phantom black (C123)
roof and door mirrors and matt black (B141) sills as part of the black pack. The original interior trim
was red Alcantara® with silver stitching. Factory optional extras were; metallic paint, black pack,
cruise control, gloss black forged wheels and Alcantara® trim pack. The car was signed from
production on the 26th April 2017. The selling dealer was Lotus of Pompano, in Pompano Beach,
Florida with the first owner recorded as you.
The new Evora 400 was launched as a 2017 model year to the USA and Canada with the first car
leaving production in August 2016. The following is based on serial number sequence and data
available to date for the 2017 Evora 400 for the US market only (excludes 410);

Your car was the 254th out of 317 cars,
Your car was the 42nd out of 51 cars in metallic white,
Your car was the 32nd out of 41 cars in metallic white with black pack,
Your car was the 3rd out of 4 cars in metallic white with black pack and red Alcantara®,
Your car was the 2nd out of 3 cars in metallic white with black pack and red Alcantara® and manual
transmission,
Your car was the only one in the same colour, trim and factory options as listed above.

Metallic White was the most popular colour used on the US 2017 Evora 400 out of 17 different
colours."

#324 ·
Had some info on my Evora S today from the Lotus archives.. Apparently the first ever Evora S produced and used as Lotus' launch show car.

"The original body colour was Starlight Black metallic, Lotus paint code B93. The original interior
trim was a special black leather and Alcantara with additional carbon fittings. Optional extras were;
diamond cut forged wheels, metallic paint, power folding door mirrors, body colour door handles,
tech pack with reversing camera and a special request for the custom interior. Sport pack was
standard on the S model."

#328 ·
As far as we know, yes. He is "the" guy, so don't expect rapid communication. However, the consensus is he won't neglect anyone's request... just takes days (some times a week+) to hear back. I believe email is the most effective way.

#330 ·
Here are the provenance details on my 2017 Evora 400:

“The new Evora 400 was launched as a 2017 model year to the USA and Canada with the first car leaving production in August 2016. The 2017 model year to the USA consisted of: 173 manual transmission, 144 auto transmission, and 11 Sport 410. The following is based on serial number sequence and data available to date for the 2017 Evora 400 with manual transmission for the US market only:
Your car was the 157th out of 173 cars,
Your car was the 15th out of 18 cars in red (13 of these had black pack)
Your car was the last out of 5 cars in red with black pack and black leather with silver stitching but the only one with the same options,
Solid red was the 3rd most popular color out of the 17 different colors used on the 2017 model year Evora 400 in total for the US Market.”

Pretty cool to have this information available.

#331 ·
Kids got me my Provenance for my birthday. Here are the details for my 2012 Evora IPS:

The original body colour was Nightfall Blue metallic, Lotus paint code C105. The interior was trimmed with cognac leather. Factory optional extras were; metallic paint, IPS (automatic transmission), IPS sport pack, premium pack trim, power folding door mirrors, forged design wheels and tech pack with backup camera. The car also had a distributor optional star shield applied at the port in the US. The car was signed from production on the 12th May 2012. The car was exported to the US through Lotus Cars USA, Inc. who would retain any further history once the car enters the US. Their records show the original dealer was Lotus of Austin, Texas.

The 2012 model year Evora received the revised interior as well as other revisions, some of these like the revised door locks were introduced part way into the 2012 model year. The US 2012 model year consisted of 1 Evora (base model), 90 Evora IPS, 54 Evora S and 14 Evora GP Editions. The following is based on serial number sequence and data available to date for the 2012 MY Evora IPS for the USA only:
Your car was the 30th out of 90 cars.
Your car was the 5th out of 12 cars in Nightfall Blue.
Your car was the 3rd out of 8 cars in Nightfall Blue with cognac leather trim.
Your car was the only one in Nightfall Blue with the same trim and options.
Nightfall Blue was the 3rd most popular colour out of 15 different colours on the 2012 Evora IPS for the US market.

I hope you find this information of interest and enjoy your Evora ownership.

Regards,
Andy Graham
Lotus Archives

#332 ·
The 2014 model year was the last year the Evora was available in the US before the introduction of the 2017 Evora 400.
The 2014 model year for the USA consisted of; 31 Evora, 62 Evora IPS, 84 Evora S, 103 Evora S IPS.

The following is based on serial number sequence and data available to date for the 2014 Evora (normally aspirated with manual transmission) for the USA only;
Your car was the 27th out of 31 cars
Your car was the last out of 7 cars in Ardent Red,
Your car was the last out of 4 cars in Ardent Red with black pack (black roof, sills etc.),
Your car was only one in Ardent Red with black pack and the premium ‘Sport’ trim.

Ardent Red was the most popular colour out of 11 different colours on the US 2014 Evora.

Your car is the 16th from last Evora for the US (including all variants).

I have the 16th newest Evora in the US :coolnana:

#333 ·
I have the 16th newest Evora in the US :coolnana:
16th 'newest' (latest) of the Series 1 version, we also have 2017 and 2018 Evora 400's and Sport 410's driving around.

#336 ·
Received my certificate of provenance a few weeks ago. I figured it was pretty rare since Chrome Orange wasn't a standard color in 2014. Only manual S in '14 with leather (one other manual but with Suedetex).

The 2014 model year is the last year the Evora was available in the US before the introduction of
the 2017 Evora 400. The 2014 model year for the USA consisted of; 31 Evora, 62 Evora IPS, 84
Evora S, 103 Evora S IPS. The following is based on serial number sequence and data available to
date for the 2014 Evora S for the USA only;
Your car was the 70th out of 84 cars,
Your car was the 1st out of 2 cars in Chrome Orange,
Your car was the only one in Chrome Orange with leather trim (the other car in Chrome Orange had
SuedeTex® trim).
Chrome Orange was the joint 2nd rarest colour out of the 19 different colours used on the 2014 Evora
S for the US.
Out of all the 2014 model year Evora variants for the US, your car was the 45th from last.

I hope you find this information of interest and you enjoy your Evora ownership.

Regards,

Andy Graham
Lotus Archives

#337 ·
Got mine today! This is for my 2018 Evora 400. Only 79 cars for 2018? Wow - that's a low number!!

The Evora 400 was launched as a 2017 model year to the USA and Canada with the first car leaving
production in August 2016. The 2018 model year for the USA consisted of; 79 cars with manual
transmission, 16 with automatic transmission and 2 Sport 410. The following is based on serial
number sequence and data available to date for the 2018 Evora 400 with manual transmission for
the US market only;
Your car is the 22nd out of 79 cars,
Your car is the last out of 3 cars in metallic blue (or last of 2 in blue with black pack),
Your car is the only one in metallic blue with black pack and tan trim (the other car in blue with tan
leather didn’t have black pack).
Metallic blue was the joint 5th most popular colour out of the 47 different colours (many were single
or low numbers) used on the 2018 Evora 400 with manual transmission for the USA.

#339 ·
Most (Obviously) of the 2018 Evoras were bespoke colors - one of one. These weren't ordered by customers, Lotus just did them in all kinds of colors and sent them over. If you search on Autotrader or Car Gurus for 2018's you'll see a very small sample of them.

#340 ·
I received my provenance from Andy last week. Very prompt and courteous service I might add.

The VIN supplied for your Lotus Evora was SCCLMDVN0HHA11043 which can be broken down into
the manufacturer identifier code (SCC=UK manufacturer, Lotus Cars Ltd.), the brand (L=Lotus), the
model (MD=Evora), the engine type (V=2GR supercharged and charge-cooled - 400), the restraint
system (N=dual front air bags and side air bags + front and rear 3 point seat belts), the check digit
(0), the model year (H=2017), the assembly plant (H=Hethel, UK), the market specification (A=LHD
for USA), the transmission type (1=manual transmission) and the serial number (1043). The serial
number sequence is shared with all Lotus models worldwide. The original engine number was 2GR
K348765 which can be broken down into the engine type (2GR=2GR-FE 3.5 litre V6) and the serial
number (K348765). The gearbox number was GB4648.
The original body colour was metallic grey (Lotus paint code C185). The interior was trimmed with
standard black leather with black stitching. Factory optional extras were; cruise control, metallic paint
and subwoofer. The car was signed from production on the 24th May 2017. The car was imported
into the US by Lotus Cars USA, Inc. who would retain any further history. Their records show the
selling dealer was Park Place Limited in Bellevue, WA and the car was sold to a customer in
Redmond, WA in October 2017.
The Evora 400 was launched as a 2017 model year to the USA and Canada with the first car leaving
production in August 2016. The 2017 model year for the USA consisted of; 173 with manual
transmission, 144 with automatic transmission and 11 Sport 410. The following is based on serial
number sequence and data available to date for the 2017 Evora 400 with manual transmission for
the US market only;
Your car is the 150th out of 173 cars,
Your car is the 18th out of 20 cars in metallic grey (or the 6th out of 7 in all grey without black pack),
Your car is the 1st out of 2 cars in all metallic grey with standard black leather (both cars had the
same options).
Metallic grey was the 5th most popular colour out of the 17 different colours used on the 2017 model
year Evora 400 in total for the US market.

Who has the other twin metallic grey / black leather with Subwoofer and cruise?

Attachments