Do I have a tune? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mobius97
  • 2 Post By brgelise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Do I have a tune?

Hi Everyone!

I have a new to me 2017 Evora 400. Is there a way to see if the car has a tune or not?

The reason I'm asking, is that I recently had it into the dealer for some work (new key), and when I got it back, it seemed "different". The power delivery seemed different, and other things like automatic locking and unlocking of the doors started working (they didn't auto lock or unlock before).

I disconnected the battery to reset the ECU, and now it seems "back to normal". Drives like it did originally, and auto door locking doesn't work (not sure if it should or not).

They had problems getting the new key to work, so I *guessing* they may have tried to update the ECU or something?

I didn't play around with it enough before I pulled the battery, so I only have this basic information on how it was different.

Thoughts on how to see if it has a tune?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:50 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtfinger22 View Post
Hi Everyone!

I have a new to me 2017 Evora 400. Is there a way to see if the car has a tune or not?

The reason I'm asking, is that I recently had it into the dealer for some work (new key), and when I got it back, it seemed "different". The power delivery seemed different, and other things like automatic locking and unlocking of the doors started working (they didn't auto lock or unlock before).

I disconnected the battery to reset the ECU, and now it seems "back to normal". Drives like it did originally, and auto door locking doesn't work (not sure if it should or not).

They had problems getting the new key to work, so I *guessing* they may have tried to update the ECU or something?

I didn't play around with it enough before I pulled the battery, so I only have this basic information on how it was different.

Thoughts on how to see if it has a tune?

Let me get this straight, you took to dealer and they must have uploaded an updated ECU code. Not uncommon, now you disconnected battery to reset the ECU which infect it does not reset it, other than maybe unlearn some auto-adjustments to fuel trims that the car is learning on each tank of gas, now you think you have gone back to your original tune that you think was 'aftermarket'. Guess what, if you had an aftermarket tune (highly unsightly) it bis now gone, the ECU doesn't store old versions of code.

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) Lotus MS alloy pan, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype Stage 2 - 420+bHp **SOLD**
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I knew it was a weird question, but I can't explain the behavior. I have flashed multiple cars in the past, so generally know how flashing ECUs work, but wasn't sure if there was something special on Lotus cars.

Sorry, by reset I did mean clear out data by disconnecting the battery. However, the really strange part is that while it was in "weird" mode, the doors auto locked/unlocked and after disconnecting/reconnecting the battery they no longer auto lock/unlock (like originally). As you point out, disconnecting the battery normally does not change options, etc., but since this option changed after disconnect, it got me thinking that Lotus cars may be different.

Back at the dealer today, so will see how it is after this visit, and I'll ask the Tech (seems like a really good tech).

Thanks!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 10:17 AM

The auto door lock feature can be turned on and off via the "key" button on the dash. With the key in and on Accessory, hold it for 5secs to enable you should hear a chime. The doors should lock when above 5mph.
Lckitty likes this.

2005 Elise- Katana II Supercharged and other fun bits
2011 Evora - Daily Driver
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Ah… did not know that! Thanks for the information. That explains the auto lock all of a sudden working. They must have done this, and then we I disconnected the battery it reset to the original config.

Thanks!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:46 AM

Why don't new owners ever read the manual?? Iphone generation!
DaveS4s and SS Lotus Elise like this.

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
12 Maxda MX-5 Miata GT PRHT True Red/Black leather
11 Lotus Evora "S" Persian Blue, Grey/Black Suedetex/Leather
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 05:09 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brgelise View Post
Why don't new owners ever read the manual?? Iphone generation!
Lotus should supply a pdf of the manual... adds lightness to the car and most people just refer to that on their phone or read it during downtime.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtag114 View Post
Lotus should supply a pdf of the manual... adds lightness to the car and most people just refer to that on their phone or read it during downtime.
They do and its very accessible online as a download. I have all my booklets in the boot's cargo net but I also keep the digital versions of the manuals and complete Lotus service notes on my phone/computer.

2005 Elise- Katana II Supercharged and other fun bits
2011 Evora - Daily Driver
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 07:30 AM

There is something about a paper manual with little bits of paper to allow quick access to unusual details...

Or you can be like all the new idiot tablet screens that can give you the pleasure of reading the manual while you drive....DOH!!!!

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
12 Maxda MX-5 Miata GT PRHT True Red/Black leather
11 Lotus Evora "S" Persian Blue, Grey/Black Suedetex/Leather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in