Downsides of Evora S compared to NA? - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 09:12 PM

Garage
Only downsides on the S are price, limited engine access, and one more thing to break.
The NA is lighter, and less expensive. In-city drive I don't even use the Sport mode - unless i'm in a hurry.
NA works great for my needs, so as the S/400 could be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 04:10 AM

"post 2012 with more of the S suspension upgrades " first ive heard of any tweaks to the suspension on an s over NA. please enlighten me..

NA with a sports gearbox is near enough as quick to 100kph its lighter so negates the additional power. throw on a sports exhaust/ air box, and header pipes to get you 300 bhp, for very little money will be nothing in it, with N/A sounding glorious, obviously you could easy get a new map fof the S too....
here in the uk, our yearly road tax on the S is 200 year more , the wheels are 18" & 19" on the N/A so tyres are cheaper, (the S has 19 & 20) The S drinks way more fuel... The S is about 5k more expensive to buy , looks wise the same bar exhaust and wheels .
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 09:23 AM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew James View Post
"post 2012 with more of the S suspension upgrades " first ive heard of any tweaks to the suspension on an s over NA. please enlighten me..

NA with a sports gearbox is near enough as quick to 100kph its lighter so negates the additional power. throw on a sports exhaust/ air box, and header pipes to get you 300 bhp, for very little money will be nothing in it, with N/A sounding glorious, obviously you could easy get a new map fof the S too....
here in the uk, our yearly road tax on the S is 200 year more , the wheels are 18" & 19" on the N/A so tyres are cheaper, (the S has 19 & 20) The S drinks way more fuel... The S is about 5k more expensive to buy , looks wise the same bar exhaust and wheels .

Parts file attached. Note first letter of part number denotes revision level. A number of other changes for the S, vastly upgraded oil cooling moving from the small Toyota RAV4 water-oil heat exchanger to remote piped oil cooler(s) in nose (either dual LH and RH on manuals or single larger cooler on IPS (to make room for tarns cooler on LHS), also used on MY 13 and 14's; under belly scope for air flow onto trans. whether manual or IPS.

Most printed weights of the 6-spd NA's vs S's. They compare a striped NA at 3049 lbs to a fully optioned S at 3168 lbs, however not mentioned is that a fully optioned NA weight is 3155. But even ignoring that the real apple to apple weight delta is 13 lbs, no weight does even a striped NA have equal power to weight ratio. Assuming 150 lbs driver and gear added the NA has a 11.59 lbs/Hp ratio, (or 10.7 at 300Hp) while the S has 9.6 lbs/Hp. My fully optioned S GP with some weight removal mod in exhaust and a tune to 425 wHp would be at 7.7 lbs/Hp while my current mega $$ cf dripping Sport 410 has curb weight of 3105 lbs and is also running about 425wHp giving 7.7 .. all weights assume full tank of fuel.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Evora Suspension Parts.pdf (38.5 KB, 22 views)

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) LMS alloy pan, BOE headers, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype Stage 2 - 420+bHp **SOLD**

Last edited by Julian73; 06-09-2019 at 09:49 AM. Reason: added table

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew James View Post

Matt Becker goes into some detail describing the suspension differences between the na and the S in this video.

brgelise and brucemunro like this.

2017 Lotus Evora 400 (6-speed) Yellow on Black

2014 Lotus Evora S 2+2 (6-speed) Verde Ithaca paint with Ebony Black/Red piping interior {Sold}

2010 Lotus Evora, White with Paprika interior, (6-speed){Traded-in}
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 06:06 AM

Everything was great till the drifting BS at the end. Those changes will only be evident at the limits on a track.

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
12 Maxda MX-5 Miata GT PRHT True Red/Black leather
11 Lotus Evora "S" Persian Blue, Grey/Black Suedetex/Leather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in