Evora 400 decat pipe - WOW! - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 149 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 06:14 PM

I ended up cancelling my order through lotus parts. I'm having it custom built. Should be done tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 BMW M5, 17 Lotus Evora 400, 18 Lexus LX570
Previous
17 GT350 (red),18 M4,17 R8 V10+,17 M3,17 GT350 (Grey),16 MAC 570S,16 Porsche 911 GTS,15 M5,13 M5,13 SRT Viper,14 Cayman S,13 M3,13 Audi S4,10 Mazda RX8,12 Audi A4,10 G37
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 149 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekOfBass View Post
@tekkno one method of contact is plenty.. lol! No need to PM me and do mentions in the thread as well.

Like I just messaged him though... sorry for the delay, everyone. Our pipe and exhaust guy is on vacation this week, and I'll try to get him on it when he's back on Monday and email you all when I have some more info.
Any update on this. I am interested also.

SOLD2005 Elise, Aubergine, Touring Pack, Sport Pack, Hardtop, Quicksilver Exhaust, Cup Air Box, Tilting Clam, Mesh Grills all around - ( fabricated, not purchased ) 55w 6000k HID's, Painted Engine Covers, Center Console, A/C Surround, Polished Shifter Arm, Ball,and E-Brake Handle, Multivex Mirrors.
2016 Jeep Cherokee
2014 BMW 328D averaging about 48 MPG

2108 EVORA 400 Aubergine Purple....bone Stock....for now. LOL
post #43 of 149 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 03:54 PM

Add me to the list as well.

1966 BRG Elan SE (sold)
2008 Isotope Green Exige 240
2017 Metallic Blue Evora 400

post #44 of 149 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 04:16 AM

I am interested as well... sent a pm...

Seems like there is a lot of interest for this simple pipe & clamp to remove the additional Cat on Federal cars

Phil Harrison
1972 Lotus Elan Sprint
2017 Lotus Evora 400
post #45 of 149 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 07:20 AM
Galactic Hitchhiker

Garage
@walter and @shadowhusky PM me with your email please, and I'll keep you updated.

I'm at the tail end of my own holiday here.. I'll check and see if anything has been done when I get back in the shop on Thursday. Nothing had yet been done when I left last week, but we were in a bit of catch-up mode on customer cars after a really hectic race-prep and weekend... I'll re-impress upon the boss that I think there's $$ to be made and let him get our exhaust guy on it.

Parts Manager @ Sports Car World in Dallas
2014 Evora S 2+2, Racing Green Metallic
1986 Esprit Turbo HCi, Red
(sold) 2005 Elise, Saffron Yellow
post #46 of 149 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 05:51 AM

Hello Derek of Bass, I cannot PM yet since I am a noobie but please put me in line as well (just bought a 2017 Evora 400).

In fact, I called your shop and spoke with Richard (?) about the same thing! I live in Southlake, so local to you.
post #47 of 149 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 02:39 AM

Can the op or others who have done this please comment on highway drone? I'm all for improved sound character, but want any car to shut up and be out of my face when settled into a highway cruise. Would very much like to know how the decat changes top gear 75 mph on highway. Thank you.
post #48 of 149 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 03:57 AM

I only notice a big difference at idle and full throttle just cruising I don’t think it’s a major change.
xxaarraa likes this.
post #49 of 149 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 11:54 AM

I’m definitely interested if someone comes up with a bolt on solution. Will send money ASAP lol!
post #50 of 149 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 07:44 PM

@MKM do you have any pics of your pipe after y’all did the modification?
post #51 of 149 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 07:44 AM

These are the parts I used you have to take your cat off to get the measurements to cut the 90 to the right length. The v-band flang required some machining to mate up correctly with the pipe coming off the headers then tig weld the flange to the pipe, turned out really good unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures. Hardest part was actually getting the Old cat out of the muffler flange very tight very thick steel on the muffler flang take the muffler and the cat off together and then fight it. I recommend using a pipe expander to open it up just a tiny bit to slide back together.
Attached Images

post #52 of 149 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide00 View Post
These are the parts I used you have to take your cat off to get the measurements to cut the 90 to the right length. The v-band flang required some machining to mate up correctly with the pipe coming off the headers then tig weld the flange to the pipe, turned out really good unfortunately I didnít take any pictures. Hardest part was actually getting the Old cat out of the muffler flange very tight very thick steel on the muffler flang take the muffler and the cat off together and then fight it. I recommend using a pipe expander to open it up just a tiny bit to slide back together.
For $80. it seems like something that I would try myself if nobody else comes up with a bolt on option

SOLD2005 Elise, Aubergine, Touring Pack, Sport Pack, Hardtop, Quicksilver Exhaust, Cup Air Box, Tilting Clam, Mesh Grills all around - ( fabricated, not purchased ) 55w 6000k HID's, Painted Engine Covers, Center Console, A/C Surround, Polished Shifter Arm, Ball,and E-Brake Handle, Multivex Mirrors.
2016 Jeep Cherokee

post #53 of 149 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 08:50 AM

Any machine shop should be able to run the flange to the right dimensions on a lathe and tig weld it for you.
post #54 of 149 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
These are the parts I used you have to take your cat off to get the measurements to cut the 90 to the right length. The v-band flang required some machining to mate up correctly with the pipe coming off the headers then tig weld the flange to the pipe, turned out really good unfortunately I didnít take any pictures. Hardest part was actually getting the Old cat out of the muffler flange very tight very thick steel on the muffler flang take the muffler and the cat off together and then fight it. I recommend using a pipe expander to open it up just a tiny bit to slide back together.

Maybe your exhaust is different than mine but the pipe that you posted does not work. At least it didnt for me. If I would have measured the car before bought the pipe I would have been able to tell that. That pipe you posted has a bend radius of 5" and that is too large to be able to transition in the small amount of space needed.

I ended up buying this pipe. model #13053 because the other pipe model #13042 did not work. I realize that the pics are exactly the same but the actual items are quite different

I also bought the clamp shown in the pics below.

I must say that I think that it sounds way better with the decat pipe.
Attached Images

xxaarraa likes this.

2016 Jeep Cherokee

post #55 of 149 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 04:51 PM

Shadowhusky, would you please post a sound clip of your car in sport mode and in quiet mode? Would love to hear one before pulling the trigger. I love how "clean" the stock sound is. i.e., no extraneous sounds that make the exhaust tone coarse. I want to see if the decat changes that in anyway.
post #56 of 149 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 06:58 PM

Put the cat back on to take my car to the dealer here’s the pipe fit perfect on my car 2017 400
Attached Images

post #57 of 149 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 07:01 PM

3” would probably be easier Wouldn’t have to be as exact on the cuts, Didn’t see the 3 inch when I made mine
post #58 of 149 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Put the cat back on to take my car to the dealer hereís the pipe fit perfect on my car 2017 400
that's exactly what my first attempt looked like. but there was no way that I would have been able to fit the curved end into the input side of the exhaust with out really expanding that opening up t at he pipe slides into. But I'm glad everything worked out in your case.

2016 Jeep Cherokee

post #59 of 149 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
Shadowhusky, would you please post a sound clip of your car in sport mode and in quiet mode? Would love to hear one before pulling the trigger. I love how "clean" the stock sound is. i.e., no extraneous sounds that make the exhaust tone coarse. I want to see if the decat changes that in anyway.
I will try to get a clip in the next few days for you. I dont have it on permanently yet. I was able to get it temporarily fit yesterday and just start the car up to listen to it briefly. We have some really rainy weather here in Michigan lately the last few days so i havent taken it out.

Did you want a clip at idle and a few revs, and or driving also?
xxaarraa likes this.

2016 Jeep Cherokee

post #60 of 149 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhusky View Post
I will try to get a clip in the next few days for you. I dont have it on permanently yet. I was able to get it temporarily fit yesterday and just start the car up to listen to it briefly. We have some really rainy weather here in Michigan lately the last few days so i havent taken it out.

Did you want a clip at idle and a few revs, and or driving also?
Idle and few revs would be great. I'd love to hear it on the highway also with valves closed doing 75 mph to check for drone, but you don't have to go all out. Maybe just share your impressions of how it sounds on the highway after youve driven it a few days? I know Slide says there is no drone which is good to hear, would be good to hear your perspective too.

Just context on why I'm asking - I am getting the car dynamatted - floor pans, rear firewall, rear seat area because that's how much I like a quiet car on the highway. I enjoy driving with windows down and listening to a sporty exhaust around town, but on highway, I like the car to settle down and be out of the way. I have done exhausts on previous cars I have owned and always regretted the ones that introduce drone at steady revs.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 11-02-2018 at 02:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in