Love the car. Bought it used with 989 miles for killer discount, so not complaining about any of the following except the last one. Still under warranty. Looking for thoughts/advice re:brakes.
1. When I offloaded the car from transport, there was a yellow wrench on dash, couldnít register it until the dealership updated ECU. Delayed registration. Kind of a hassle.
2. Seats untucked. New clips at dealership, now completely fixed. Happy.
3. Driverís seat is not solid, in that it rocks a millimeter or two diagonally, especially when I stop quickly. Dealership says mounting is worn and nothing can be done. Doesnít inspire confidence during spirited driving. Iím probably going to ask them to try again vs replace seat (unlikely). Not happy.
4. Trunk latch adjusted multiple times. Works ok now but before adjustment, was fiddly. The front access panel can also be a bit tricky to close. No biggie.
5. Front rotors warped, making the brakes shudder. Around 4000 miles on the odo at the time. Maybe the prior owner tracked it (doubtful since original tires have plenty of tread). I havenít tracked the car and I do not push the car very hard on the streets (mildly aggressive on country roads). Quoted $4k plus to replace fronts (expensive floating dual rotors) at dealership. Chose to keep pads since lots of meat on them, and purchased UltraDisks from Inokinetic for $1250/pr
. Installed and first 1000 miles were fine, but now the shudder is returning. Completely frustrated and looking for advice. What is causing this? Aggressive stops(I think this kind of car should be able to handle mildly aggressive street driving)? I torqued the wheel bolt and not all of them were identical at the beginning (loosened then re torqued), wondering if that is the reason. Calipers not working properly? Pads bad to begin with? Or am I starting to feel the rear rotors?
This is a driverís car, and having smooth brakes is part of that experience.