The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Evora 400 on Jay Leno's show.

3K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  brightoncorgi 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Good watch, thanks for the post. The comments section is all over the place, praise along with horrible reliability.

#11 · (Edited)
Filmed driving only on straight roads

Bummer they didn’t film any time on the twisties of Mulholland. That’s where Jay would have truly been able to experience the handling dynamics.

#16 ·
All coverage is good coverage, especially when our cars are lauded for their positive qualities as they were here but I agree about the lack of chemistry and energy.

It does seem like now, two years after introduction, the 4xx series is getting more positive coverage than it has in the years since actual introduction. A rebirth in interest in the market? Hope so.

#17 ·
Like a fine wine, it takes some time to mature before the rave reviews come in.

#18 ·
But the 2+2 comments...

I enjoyed the episode, and liked to see the changes in the 2019 model (since I have a 2017). I was not a fan of the louvered rear window in the red Evora 400, and I also saw that the badge was decals instead of hard lettering. I wonder if that was a weight saving option?

There were a few comments about how the back seats were good for a small child during the segment. I just thought that was ridiculous. Does anyone here put a small child in the back of their 400? Just curious - maybe my perception is wrong?

#20 ·
I enjoyed the episode, and liked to see the changes in the 2019 model (since I have a 2017). I was not a fan of the louvered rear window in the red Evora 400, and I also saw that the badge was decals instead of hard lettering. I wonder if that was a weight saving option?

There were a few comments about how the back seats were good for a small child during the segment. I just thought that was ridiculous. Does anyone here put a small child in the back of their 400? Just curious - maybe my perception is wrong?

I used the back seat for transporting my daughter and her friend(s) that I picked up at school. This worked in Intermediate and JrH

#21 ·
I haul my twin 9 YOs around all the time. One up front and one in back. No one can sit behind me tho at 6'-1". Thier heads are getting pretty close to the roof now tho.

Reactions: saul2600
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.