Evora 400 seat coming untucked - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 11:35 AM

Granted there aren't many dealers out there.....

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
12 Maxda MX-5 Miata GT PRHT True Red/Black leather
11 Lotus Evora "S" Persian Blue, Grey/Black Suedetex/Leather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 03:06 PM

Any pictures of the new clips? Were there clips in them to begin with as I'm not seeing any on my seats … just see the rubber edge that has popped out. Anyone have any suggestions on how to actually re-tuck, re-secure it? My car has been put away for the winter, so can't bring it to the dealer till the Spring. Hoping to try to re-tuck it myself but need some instructions on where to start … Thanks!

Cheers,
Zoomby_U
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomby_U View Post
Were there clips in them to begin with as I'm not seeing any on my seats
No there were not any clips originally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomby_U View Post
Anyone have any suggestions on how to actually re-tuck, re-secure it? My car has been put away for the winter, so can't bring it to the dealer till the Spring. Hoping to try to re-tuck it myself but need some instructions on where to start Thanks!

Cheers,
Zoomby_U
The clips don't even have a Lotus part number that we know of, so you cannot order them anywhere, so you'll have to wake her up early, or take it to the dealer in the Spring time.

Phil Harrison
1972 Lotus Elan Sprint
2017 Lotus Evora 400

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 05:07 PM

Garage
So my drivers exterior side is now I tucked... is there an official service note I can reference so they can order these special clips?
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 04:00 PM

Could someone post a picture of the clips?
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by am143a View Post
Could someone post a picture of the clips?
pharriso posted in another thread...
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f17...ml#post5965778
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 07:14 AM
Loves to talk

Garage
If your dealer is doing this for you, and why not, you'll probably be advised to leave the car overnight since both seats need to come out. Get them both done at the same time even if only one is showing the problem at the moment. They will otherwise both come unglued eventually. Once properly repaired using the new clips, the issue will be completely resolved. Newer builds don't have this problem since it will have been addressed in manufacturing. The first couple of batches that came here all seem to do it. Later builds don't but I couldn't tell exactly you when the modification was adopted at the factory. Newer cars benefit from the problems we adventurous early adopters discovered and beta tested for you.

Say thank you!
Julian73 likes this.

Lew
'17 Evora 400 MT
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 01:00 PM

Garage
Are the clips only applied to the outside edge? Only the seat and not the back?
Tsharma likes this.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 10:47 AM

Garage
I have nothing to add except, as a Lotus Evora 400 owner, I am grateful for this knowledge. I bookmarked the page with the picture so I can send to my dealer. Is there a part number known for these clips?
\

2017 Lotus Evora 400 (manual, black)
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 11:34 AM

MY 400 isn't becoming untucked but the drivers seat won't tip forward once the leather loop is pulled, anybody got a fix?
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning888* View Post
MY 400 isn't becoming untucked but the drivers seat won't tip forward once the leather loop is pulled, anybody got a fix?
There is a service parts kit to fix the issue, Part numbers are A132V6323S / A132V6324S for both seats

Phil Harrison
1972 Lotus Elan Sprint
2017 Lotus Evora 400
post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 06:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchild View Post
I have nothing to add except, as a Lotus Evora 400 owner, I am grateful for this knowledge. I bookmarked the page with the picture so I can send to my dealer. Is there a part number known for these clips?
\
I think in another thread it was said that the part #s are Sparco's, not Lotus's.
I'm about to ask my dealer to order, so I'll let you know how I make out.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 07:36 AM
Loves to talk

Garage
I think you're right Doggie although Lotus may be stocking the (Sparco made) clips. . Lotus doesn't seem to keep upholstery related parts though, so if you actually require, for example a replacement seat cover, getting one can be very difficult if not impossible.

I may be the first person here (USA) to have experienced a warranty repair for this problem prior to availability of the clips. Consequently my driver's seat was repaired twice. The first time since the clips had not yet been introduced, it was left to the servicing dealership to figure out a solution. In process of that, the original seat cover was damaged by a clumsy (since gone) tech. Lotus could not or would not supply a replacement cover even when an offer to pay for it was extended. Appealing to Sparco had the same result: no joy. Fortunately, a local upholstery artisan was able to repair it seamlessly so there is no visible evidence of damage and the seats have remained tight.

The situation may have changed since then . Perhaps they will or can now sell you what you ask for but whatever you do, don't let anybody try to fix the seats without the proper parts. That would be a waste of time and potential total fail. Unless proven otherwise, don't ruin one of your seat covers in any other way either 'cause you may be ordering up a whole lot of custom upholstery and your guy is going to go nuts trying to match the leather!

However, the clips are a 100% repair.

Lew
'17 Evora 400 MT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in