Evora ABS control unit? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By bruss

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Evora ABS control unit?

Does anyone know whose ABS unit Lotus use. Earlier Elises used GM/ Vauxhall units but I can't find what is used on the Evora.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 02:38 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss View Post
Does anyone know whose ABS unit Lotus use. Earlier Elises used GM/ Vauxhall units but I can't find what is used on the Evora.
Bosch

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) Lotus MS alloy pan, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype Stage 2 - 420+bHp **SOLD**
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian73 View Post
Bosch
Thanks Julian. I have an Autek reader that has the ability to cycle the ABS unit for bleeding. Unfortunately it can only select by car model and there are too many for me to cycle through to find one that communicates. Do you happen to know what other car model this Bosch unit may have been used on?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 03:48 AM

It looks like Lotus uses a Bosch 8.1 ABS/ESP brake system modulator. And, if I've found correct information, it appears that the same system is used in the Audi A5. Although, I cannot find a year range.

If I am incorrect, please let me know so that I can remove this info so it would be out there for others...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 09:05 AM

Bruss, seen as you run your S1 Evora at track a lot, what pads do you use?

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
12 Maxda MX-5 Miata GT PRHT True Red/Black leather
11 Lotus Evora "S" Persian Blue, Grey/Black Suedetex/Leather
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

@chromeorange . Thanks for the info, tested today and the m629 auto scans on Audi. Unfortunately it didn't find anything to communicate with.
It did however find Porsche 911 abs unit to communicate with. The shame. It didn't offer the abs cycle I was looking for though.

@brgelise . I tried ds 3500 and cl6's but both were too fierce for me on trackdays. If I was racing I'd probably go for the ds 3500's..
The 2500's seem to me to be a perfect combination of immediacy where required and graduated for old blokes who don't want to go through the screen everytime they get it wrong :-)
2011 chrome orange likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 08:12 AM

Thanks, by chance are you getting a brake light telltale on your dash read out? I have had it for a year plus now, Lotus can't figure it out, and everything works perfectly.
I have been running Hawk DTC 70's for years now but the size I used front and rear will longer fit when I install my Girodiscs. I took years to get there, but I have got the braking thing figured out pretty well now and its where I catch lots of big HP hardware like GTR's etc. They may walk away on straights, but I take it all back before the corner. Where ever they brake, I brake deeper!! It truly is a strength of the vehicle.

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
12 Maxda MX-5 Miata GT PRHT True Red/Black leather
11 Lotus Evora "S" Persian Blue, Grey/Black Suedetex/Leather
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Absolutely agree on the braking. I'm now running the grooved discs from Inowosit konetic. Even on the standard discs I've been outbraking most other sports cars. I was fortunate enough to drive a well modified GT4 on track and the brakes on that were just poor compared. It did have other advantages but even the owner commented on the better brakes on the Evora.

Edit: No telltale. I was just looking to use an existing Autek to cycle the abd unit for bleeding.

Also the GT4 was the Porsche , not the Evora race car.

Last edited by bruss; 09-22-2019 at 05:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in