The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Evora clutch switch

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bruss 
#1 ·
So my little wrench light came on on my car and I couldn't figure out what it was. Of course, you have to go to a dealer or shop that has the Lotus Scan Tool. Turns out, it was the clutch switch. The wrench will stay on for 30 seconds and then go out.

Ordered a switch from the dealer and went to put it in today. Got into the, ahem, Lotus position and went down under to see how to remove that thing. Well, lets just say, it seemed almost impossible. I didn't take pictures because, well, it turns out that that was not the problem.

The issue was there is a little lever that fits between the two white tabs. It fits in for sure, but it doesn't stick out much and it turned out that on my car, the lever was just outside the tab. Maybe I accidently hit it with my foot, I don't know. But I just bent the tabs around and put the level between and presto!, light is out and I'm good to go.

That is good for sure because while I've replaced such a switch on my Audi, there is a big bar in the way (see the thread on replacing brake switch here: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f417/diy-replace-brake-pedal-switch-sensor-459234/) I can't for the life of me figure out how I would have replaced this switch. There must be a screw that holds it in or something but good thing I didn't have to actually replace it. Unfortunately, I opened the plastic that the switch came in - so now I guess I have a switch in case I'll ever need it.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.