Evora color code issue - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2011 chrome orange

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Evora color code issue

My 2012 Evora NA shows on my paperwork from Lotus as color code C114 for Solar Yellow.
When I go to buy the paint, that cannot be found and I'm told B114 is the color code for Solar Yellow.

I've had some parts painted and they are slightly darker.

What is the correct color code? Why am I being told different values.

Thanx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 02:54 PM

I had a similar issue that I ran into when I had my aftermarket parts painted.

My paint code is C25 (Chrome Orange) but the high end body shop I was using could only come up with B25 (a different variant than my Chrome Orange). The body shop kept telling me I must have the wrong code. I insisted it was correct. Then, after two unsuccessful attempts at matching my OEM paint, I requested that the body shop contact the paint manufacturer who then sent out a rep to match it correctly (and use the correct code ).

I asked Andy Graham of Lotus for clarification on this issue and this is what he sent:

"A new paint system, Cromax Pro, which is an activated water based coat, was introduced for specific paint colours in May 2010 as a running change and can be identified by the letter C prefix on the paint code, whereas the previous standard Cromax paint was identified with a B prefix.

The difference between the standard Cromax and the Cromax Pro is the finished appearance, i.e. the metallic effect of the Cromax Pro system is now applied to the base coat with a standard clear coat, whereas the previous Cromax system the finished effect was achieved through a tinted clear coat over a solid base coat.

The finished appearance for the same colour may vary between the two paint systems, therefore it is essential the correct paint system is used when carrying out paint repairs."

Besides your paperwork, you can also locate and verify your paint code that is printed on the VIN decal that is affixed behind the passenger seat:

"The number is also printed on a label stuck to the vertical face of the fuel tank bay, below the front edge of the right hand rear seat cushion or luggage shelf. Pull back a flap in the carpet to view."

Hopefully this at least explains the difference between your C114 and B114.
Attached Images

ByJoveByJingle likes this.

Last edited by 2011 chrome orange; 07-02-2019 at 03:00 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Thanx! Now I have to figure out how to get the correct paint. Does anyone know any good sources in the states.
I used Automotive Touchup, which I like them, but they gave me the B varient Andy was the one that sent me the paperwork on my car, C114

Automotive touchup provided; Base, Mid, and clear. The Mid I guess is the pearl.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:34 AM

cromax is made by Axalta, which also makes Spies hecker

Find a place that carries Spies and see if you have better luck

While high end body shops mix their own, they are limited to the line they stock
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 03:53 PM

I am trying to sort out the difference between B191 and C191 Lotus Racing Green (metallic) are these the same color?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 12:13 PM

I have a 2017 Evora in Lotus Racing Green and the code is C203
Paintscratch.com were able to make this for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in