Evora S Build - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bizjet Guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Maniacal Motorist

Evora S Build

Good Afternoon Friends!

I have some ideas that I’d like to bounce off of the brilliant and talented, if not sometimes twisted minds here on the forum.

In a nutshell, I want to take my 2011 stock Evora S and drop-in a MWR 2GR fully-built unit with stage 2 cams, then integrate the BOE TVS kit. I heard that BOE is working on a kit that boosts their existing TVS offering, but is not suitable for the 2GR stock internals.

Overall plan:

MWR 2GR 3.7L
BOE Headers w/cat
CAI
BOE TVS 1900 kit
Cooling Undertray
Stage 2 Clutch
TVS 1900 “upgrade” when it comes (pulley downsize?)

Looking for insight on the usefulness of Fastworks to tune the new engine. Should I go with E85 to keep heat down?

I’m in the LA/OC area if there are any shop recommendations. I intend to do as much of the wrenching as possible, but I will no doubt need a very talented tuner familiar with Lotus.

Thanks all for your invaluable insight! The knowledge on here is beyond compare!
nintense likes this.

Last edited by Bizjet Guy; 08-13-2019 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Auto-correction corrections
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 05:04 PM

Garage
I have no experience with this, but sure look forward to following this project. Please keep us informed!

Anyone can make something complicated. It takes genius to make it simple. Einstein.
2011 Evora S Racing Heritage Edition (#3 of 4) (Now with alexsharkeyross)
2005 Elise LRG, track prepped ,
1974 Lotus Europa Special 3841R in JPS livery
2007 Toyota Tundra (about 10 cup holders), traded for 2015 Tundra TRD PRO
2007 Audi S4 DTM (RIP) 1980 Rover SD1 (new home) 2015 Honda Civic Si
2016 370Z Nismo
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed 2019 Lexus LC500
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 03:52 AM

Garage
This sounds like a very fun build, but have you thought about the trans?

I'm not sure what the maximum torque it can handle, I know the IPS has been proven to handle more torque. I just find it suspicious that everything Lotus makes with that manual trans, they always make less than 320lb-ft. of torque.

If you wanted a beefier trans, I'd be looking into the E153 trans the MR2 guys use, yes it's a 5 speed, but it'll grind rocks.

Current:
2018 Evora 400 Metallic Black Manual
1998 Volvo V90 silver L59/4L60 swapped
1970 Honda CT70 Red

Sold:
2017 Audi R8 Silver V10/DCT
2010 Evora Carbon Grey Manual
12 others...

Last edited by tye-bo; 08-14-2019 at 03:53 AM. Reason: forgot a word

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Maniacal Motorist

Havenít looked into other tranny options. I did have the idea for the build, but I wouldnít be the brains behind making it happen. Iím definitely relying on the likes of MWR, BOE, and input from here. Iím trying to avoid things becoming too ďFrankensteinís monsterĒ, as I do like everything to fit into the stock footprint. Just a spec tweak here and there.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Maniacal Motorist

The lack of input here is disappointing. Furthermore, I canít even get calls or emails back from any shops. Perhaps I should try AGX, Sheepey, or Inokinetic. I think the project would be a lot of fun!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 03:07 PM

Just curious, why was Inokinetic not one of your first calls given your location?

BOE are notoriously difficult to get in touch with, but you're a long way from them either way.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Maniacal Motorist

It was a random listing, really. My first choice, by geography and a Lotus OC recommendation, was DRS in La Habra. They havenít called back. Inokinetic would be my second choice for sure. I think AGX and Sheepey primarily deal in higher-end Italian stuff.

Iím trying to do most of the wrenching myself, but lack a tuning capability.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 06:51 PM

Well, in that case you're going to need to just talk to BOE. I don't think anyone else is going to be able to do a tune for you with their SC kit, and there aren't many tuning options available. Inokinetic has a tuning option but I don't know if it's customizable. I've never seen any of the rest of the places you mentioned here, but you can try to find @shinoo or @turbophil here. Your other option for tuning likely involves trying to call Komo-Tec.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Maniacal Motorist

I think youíre right. BOE has done so much legwork, with data to go from a known start point to a known finish. As much as I am intrigued by going down some unknown, Frankensteinís-monster-Build rabbit hole, it is much safer and cost-effective to stick with their nearly PnP setups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in