exhaust for track? 2bular distributor in usa? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

exhaust for track? 2bular distributor in usa?

I have read some comments that the larini (with the valve) has packing which deteriorates with track use? any actual experience with that. I like the idea of an exhaust with valve to lower volume in the neighborhood but need once that will hold up to track use. Also the 2bular exhaust, who sells that now in the USA? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 09:22 AM

On 2bular, I believe it was Gator Motorsports that was the US distributor. Folks can correct me if I am wrong but I think they dropped Jim due to his lack of being able to provide the product in a timely manner. Others have waited months for their systems when even ordering direct. The pipes do look nice but my feeling and from Jim's comments on the board he really doesn't care much on supporting the US market.

2005 Elise- Katana II Supercharged and other fun bits
2011 Evora - Daily Driver
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 09:47 AM
The Enforcer

@shinoo (Inokinetic) was working with 2bular. Not sure if he still does.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons, Never Been on Fire

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 09:56 AM

Actually it was a lack of payment to Jim.....

The product is fabulous but order in the fall if you want it for spring. He is in HIGH demand across the pond.

My baffled setup is about as good as it gets. As good as the day i installed it 4++ years ago.
Mobius97 likes this.

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
12 Maxda MX-5 Miata GT PRHT True Red/Black leather
11 Lotus Evora "S" Persian Blue, Grey/Black Suedetex/Leather
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 04:34 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansan View Post
@shinoo (Inokinetic) was working with 2bular. Not sure if he still does.

San
We can help you get a 2Bular but be prepared to wait. The quality is great but you will have to be patient.

What model Evora do you have?

InoKinetic - Tasty Bits for Your Lotus

BlackShadow Motors - Niche Car Sales, Service & Restoration

Email or call (951)296-6762 us for advice. We will respond!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinoo View Post
We can help you get a 2Bular but be prepared to wait. The quality is great but you will have to be patient.

2012 evora S
looking for valved system (not headers) with 3rd cat delete
I daily it and also do
frequent track use but sound volume not an issue at any of my tracks so valved exhaust is good solution if it holds up to track use
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 06:17 AM

Garage
Jim was great to deal with but he doesnít distribute directly.
He had some problems with the distributors he chose to work with some years back.
I had a system on order for literally 2 years... finally got it when he switched over to shinoo.

The system is phenomenal. If you get the valved system, its quiet in normal and crazy race car loud in sport.
Granted I had the whole header back system. But I actually got the mufflers before the headers and installed them first and it was still great.
Actually part of me preferred the lower rpm sound with the stock headers. But His headers make the car scream at 6k rpm. sounds unreal.
Quality is epic.
brgelise likes this.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the info, that helps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dus10 View Post
Jim was great to deal with but he doesnít distribute directly.
He had some problems with the distributors he chose to work with some years back.
I had a system on order for literally 2 years... finally got it when he switched over to shinoo.

The system is phenomenal. If you get the valved system, its quiet in normal and crazy race car loud in sport.
Granted I had the whole header back system. But I actually got the mufflers before the headers and installed them first and it was still great.
Actually part of me preferred the lower rpm sound with the stock headers. But His headers make the car scream at 6k rpm. sounds unreal.
Quality is epic.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Shinoo, thanks for the response, I sent you a PM for further info,

Quote:

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 02:45 PM

The quality is worth the wait. I am a TOP fanboy. Please tell him John Gagne gave 2bular 2 thumbs up

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 03:37 AM

Quote:

Well thatís interesting I contacted you guys through your website and asked.........
Are you still selling 2Bular Exhaust?

And got this response............
Sorry, no we aren't.

We used to last year, but we had great difficulty getting our orders delivered in a timely way. It was taking over 6 months for delviery. Please contact them directly, as maybe they will deal direct and maybe they have it in stock or ready to ship.

Regards,
Stacy Mapleton
InoKinetic Group, LLC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 05:48 AM

Thus the reason I said if you want one for spring, order it now!

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 08:57 AM

tubular have a very bad reputation over here for delivering anything on time or quickly ... tread very very carefully, and make sure you get a definitive delivery date.. of when it will be made... then take that add a few weeks / months and you might be realistic
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 12:00 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PERVRSEWI View Post
Well thatís interesting I contacted you guys through your website and asked.........
Are you still selling 2Bular Exhaust?

And got this response............
Sometimes the right hand and left hand are not always in sync.

I like the quality of Jim's product. I've also taken lumps from unhappy clients who got sick of waiting. If you are serious and willing to wait, then we can order one for you. Call me to discuss.

InoKinetic - Tasty Bits for Your Lotus

BlackShadow Motors - Niche Car Sales, Service & Restoration

Email or call (951)296-6762 us for advice. We will respond!
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 12:15 PM

plan at least 6 months if you order from Jim...
And be prepared to hear a various no. of reasons why he still did not finish your exhaust...
Always the same. He is a one man show and is looking for suppliers that can match his required level of quality..

I know several clients and to be honest, i think it is not worth.

In the US you have also quite a decend range of exhausts, but i understand that the grass on the other side of the ocean seems always to be more green

In my case i would like to go with a BOE QT-5 for the track but i am located in europe and the shipping will be high AF.
Actually i have a LArini CLub sport in my S2 Exige and it is really loud. Luckily no track gave me a black flag so far.
But it is only a matter of time ^^
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 07:05 PM

I have 2bular on my Elise. Previous owner installed it 10+ years ago. I'm quite happy with it. I do still have the stock exhaust in the garage and I mounted it on the car for a west coast trip a few years back. So I've done street and track with both.

As to whether it will hold up to track use... how long do you expect? Mine was packed with fiberglass. A couple years ago, all the packing puked itself out the tailpipe on the track. I've since had it repacked with stainless steel wool. It's a few pounds heavier (but still much lighter than the stock exhaust). I was a bit surprised how much difficulty I had finding someone who would repack it. Previous owner did a lot of AutoX and by the time it came undone I'd done about 3 dozen track days and the car had something like 70k miles on it, mostly with the 2bular.

Exhaust coming unpacked starting about 0:45 and spanning 25 seconds or so:

From the following driver's (@LostPawn) viewpoint:
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 05:07 AM

That is why for track use, Jim is the only one making baffled systems! Nothing to fail till a baffle gives up someday. I have going on 60 days on my exhaust and it is as new.
He sems to be able to optimise the exhaust to the motor as well as anyone out there and knows his numbers after multiple pre/post and post learn dynos. Example, on my S which he has done a lot of work on across the pond , be it in Evora S, Exige V6S etc they are 345 stock and with an intake and exhaust after they "learn" he always sees ~360. No reason to doubt him as I have yet to be in another S that feels as fast.

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius97 View Post
On 2bular, The pipes do look nice but my feeling and from Jim's comments on the board he really doesn't care much on supporting the US market.
CORRECT! The US market prefers to deal with a US agent/re-seller and I will NEVER use a US agent/re-seller again.

Performance exhausts for 2zz-ge Elise & Exige at
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 01:41 AM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bular View Post
CORRECT! The US market prefers to deal with a US agent/re-seller and I will NEVER use a US agent/re-seller again.
I don't think the US market prefers a US agent/reseller. I believe that they would prefer to deal with you (or any manufacturer) directly. I think the only reason customers went through a US reseller is that they had issues contacting you directly, hoped that the reseller would be more successful and the turnaround time would be faster.

This thread was started by someone desiring your exhaust, and thinking they needed to go through a US distributor. A vendor here implied they could deliver your product, but admitted that the customer should be prepared to wait. Your post as I read it states that your relationship with any US agent/reseller is null and void. Perhaps you should confirm that US customers can only order your products by contacting you directly.

A few here had a reasonable timeframe from the order date to delivery, but it seems the majority found the wait wasn't something they could live with. Maybe you could give the potential US customers a very rough estimate of the wait time for your products.

San
Julian73 likes this.

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons, Never Been on Fire
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansan View Post
I don't think the US market prefers a US agent/reseller. I believe that they would prefer to deal with you (or any manufacturer) directly. I think the only reason customers went through a US reseller is that they had issues contacting you directly, hoped that the reseller would be more successful and the turnaround time would be faster.

This thread was started by someone desiring your exhaust, and thinking they needed to go through a US distributor. A vendor here implied they could deliver your product, but admitted that the customer should be prepared to wait. Your post as I read it states that your relationship with any US agent/reseller is null and void. Perhaps you should confirm that US customers can only order your products by contacting you directly.

A few here had a reasonable timeframe from the order date to delivery, but it seems the majority found the wait wasn't something they could live with. Maybe you could give the potential US customers a very rough estimate of the wait time for your products.

San
I'm not a sponsor on LT anymore. Pretty certain if I had jumped in to reply to OP it would have been deemed 'advertising'. Wouldn't want Mr Verhaeghe to start ventilating again.

However, I welcome the opportunity to respond.

Currently, I do not have a US agent/re-seller nor will I appoint one again.

I am a VERY busy man. Yes, people have to wait and yes, delivery dates are constantly missed.
Anyone dealing with the Lotus factory will know that experience .
Previous post mentioned my issues with UK suppliers and their inability to meet my standards. I long ago decided to put the long hours in to make sure my products were built to please me and are quality i.e. built by me! Something my Far East customers insist on.
Here I am entering my 15th year of supplying MY OWN exhaust designs to the Lotus market - must be doing something right.
Some US Lotus owners are past customers of mine or just very persistent(!) and I have supplied several recently. Another order shipping out tomorrow.
I have pointed out on LT that the US market is small - 2ZZ + V6 - and I also pointed out that the US market is waaaaaay behind the curve on exhaust design and ECU tuning. Nothing I see on here changes that opinion.

Performance exhausts for 2zz-ge Elise & Exige at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in