Gutted the audio and replaced with new
Finally got fed up with the lack of sound in the Evora 400. Read every thread on the forum regarding installing audio components and the information here was priceless.
So my set up now is:
Alpine INE W977-HD head unit
JL Audio 8 inch Subwoofer
JL Audio XD 500 3V2 driving the Sub and door speakers
JL Audio C1 door speakers
1 Case of Second Skin Pro sound dampening material
Sound dampened the doors and all around the Sub. Also sound dampened the passenger foot well and floor while I had all the carpet up. I attempted to mount 6.5 in speakers in the door for an even better sound, but after a couple of days and a bunch of torn up ABS, I decided the 5.25's would have to do. Just not enough clearance for the 6.5's and the door window mechanism. I think I could have made it work, but I would have had to dremel a lot of the door panel and the panel cover. The new system with the 5.25's will rattle the windows now anyway. Enough for me. This job was a PIA lasting about 4 days off and on. I cannot believe you have to remove a glued on Evora sill cover to remove the door sill. I never did figure out how to undo the wiring plug for the airbag system under the seat. I ended up cutting the wires and installing my own quick release plug. Some of the one use clips broke on me just like the others before me and I just used industrial grade velco to fasten back. Velco works better anyway with no rattle.
Thanks for all who posted here regarding the audio replacements.