The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Help How to Get More Camber - Evora 400

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  brgelise 
#1 ·
Hello All,

Currently running Cup 2's on stock forged wheels and in desperate need of more camber. Current setup is below … is there any other options other than going with the Lotus Motorsport setup which is ludicrously expensive? With the Exige there was milled steering arms … are there any other such witchcraft available to alter the suspension geometry and get more camber?

Current Setup:
OEM 19/20 Forged 400 Wheels
Stock Suspension
Front Camber: -1.4 Rear Camber: -1.8
Michelin Cup 2 Tires running at 31F 33R hot

Currently getting massive wear on the outer shoulder blocks and a ton of mid corner push from the front end

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

#3 ·
Reactions: Kubera and mattjk
#4 ·
What size PSC2's 235/35-19 & 285/30-20, I assume? You should be running 29/32 psi warm, this is per Lotus GT410, GT430 recommendations.

Lotus recommends for the Sport 410 and GT 410 (same size wheels and tires as the 400)
Front Toe 0.15 deg total; Camber -0.9 deg; Rear Toe 0.6 deg total, Camber -2.1 deg

on the GT430 with wider tires they use: -1.15 deg front & -2.2 deg rear

#5 ·
Yup, stock sizes and have adjusted pressures with no difference. The lower pressures actually caused the rear side wall to roll way past the edge ... thus the need for way more camber. I was running -2.0 and -2.7 with my Exige which had similar problems until I maxxed out the camber with steering arms and removing all the shims.

Just hoping someone had a solution to dial in more camber on the 400 as it seems very limited for a track focused car. Hopefully going to Ohlins/Nitrons will give me a bit more static camber but I suspect not nearly enough.

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

#7 · (Edited)
Before hacking up your suspension, I would suggest a call to Allen Strommer of VSA Motorsports, he has a light bit of experience racing & winning with the Evora in the Lotus Cup

#8 ·
Thanks Julian ... I spoke to Allen via IM and he pretty much said the Lotus motorsports wishbone upgrade kit is the only solution currently :( Hoping others had found a workaround

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

Before hacking up your suspension, I would suggest a call to Allen Strommer of VSA Motorsports, he has a light bit of experience racing winning with the Evora in the Lotus Cuip

#9 ·
Not trying to be a dick here, but if you look up my alignment specs..they work. I can get 8 days out of a front set with nice even wear. Last set was worn down to less than 1/32nd, but evenDrove the snot out of them at Thompson season closer, drifting everywhere at the limit of what they had left to give. 6-7 days on rears. R888's and R888r's. If you are toasting the outside edges that much, I might suggest you look at your turn in technique. If it is overly aggressive, you will just push and chew up outside edges. Sometimes fast in makes for slow out. The Evora gets off the apex with power with the best of them. Maybe the extra stick of those cup tires is overworking bushings etc. Just looking from the opposite side of the issue.

Reactions: axm
#12 ·
Lol ... well we can definitely all improve our driving technique, but I do own a performance driving school and have some seat time ;) I definitely get a lot more than 8 days out of a set of tires, though Cup 2's are not semi R comps like R888's. Either way, my goal is to get more camber more for the added grip and not so much the tire wear. The other issue is I have the Komotec 460 kit, so I'm pushing more power than most and as a result may be over cooking the tire. Then again, I'm not getting rear wheel spin or really feel the LSD kicking in.

Anyways, back on topic ... seems like I'll have to wait for another solution to be developed to get more camber :(

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

#10 ·
Alan (VSA) sent me GT4 control arms, that were shorter and I was running -2.5 on my Evora for the past 3 years. TBH though, I don't think I needed that much with a double-wishbone setup. And I was pushing it - new fender liners every 6 months.

As always, and echo'ing brgelise the best adjustments are always made behind the wheel.

Heck, I did not even see the improvements I thought I should see with an LSD or with a lighter flywheel. These cars are happiest when stock.

#11 ·
That is why I have avoided the power adders etc. Out of the box a stunning vehicle. Weight removal is always top priority.

#13 · (Edited)
I guess I upped my game over the past few years and am now in your situation. I want more camber up front., Rear is VERY good. Either I got really aggressive, which I know I have, or I am finally learning the art of driving at the limits of adhesion. I apologize for being a dick last year......My inner Clint failed me!! My turn in has not changed much, its more my usage of everything from the apex out.
Does it on my Conti ECS as well as my Nitto NT01's to a lesser extent. I suspect I never saw it on the R888s because I feel the NT01's just plain have more grip and that has given me the ability to push harder. They don't get too hot as easily. Very easy to dial back a lap then go at it again. Once the Contis or R888s, R888r's got hot , session over.

Reactions: Zoomby_U
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.