The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Help Locating a Part.

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Redsled 
#1 ·
I messed up my HVAC Front windshield Defrost Button and want to replace it but dealership says Lotus doesnt have any. I figure these buttons are sourced from some other brand? Anyone know what that would be? Not a big deal with it not working since it seems just be a more direct way to put front defroster on instead of having to move knob to it, but i miss having it light up.

See less See more
#5 ·
I will check with them but my dealership said part number was not even in system which meant no one in U.S has ordered one yet. Seems my best bet of finding would be if I could find where they source from

#10 ·
Well, they all vary, but just to know, the dealer now in disrepute's site lists the part numbers, but no prices, which usually means they are not available.

So your dealer should be calling the UK

What did you break, anyway, is it possible you need a bulb that might be obtainable?

#12 ·
The backlight for those buttons are surface mount LEDs. Does the button itself still work to turn the defroster on/off? The LED can likely be replaced by an electronics shop (or someone from a local electronics/ham group) if you'd rather not wait.

#14 ·
Got the part today and after a quick install all fixed

Now noticed another button issue, this one I didnt break. My "RACE" button lights up white but when I push it it jdoesnt turn red like it's suppose to, just totals shuts off . But it is working since I can see in Speedo that "RACE" mode is engaged. Anyone had one of their lights do this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.