I got PLAY-DOH'd: Barge Boards, Splitter, Stone Guards - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 09:12 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius97 View Post
Sheesh...after adopting several Lotus positions I was able to get the new metal u-clips installed on the belly pan. I ended up pulling down on the bumper's bottom lip and had just barely enough room to get my hand in there. The hardest part was only being able to use two fingers to get the clip clamped onto the belly pan. After messing with installing the clips for an hour....the splitter bolted right up in 10mins. With the heavy duty clips installed...that thing thing isn't going anywhere. Next are the barge boards as those arrived today but I'll tackle them another time. The splitter did me in for the day.
I'm dying to check this out!
PLAY-DOH likes this.

https://www.instagram.com/evoralightness/
2012 Lotus Evora - IPS, Nightfall Blue
2011 Jaguar XF-R - 550hp
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Overland, Hemi (The Anti-Lotus)

Totalled: 2011 Lotus Evora 2+2 - Canyon Red Metallic
Sold: Saab 9-3C, MGB, Miata, Merc 560SEL, F-150, Civic, Saab 9-5SE, '05 Ford-GT, '69 Cad Sedan DeVille, Triumph Daytona 955i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 03:04 PM

Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius97 View Post
Sheesh...after adopting several Lotus positions I was able to get the new metal u-clips installed on the belly pan. I ended up pulling down on the bumper's bottom lip and had just barely enough room to get my hand in there. The hardest part was only being able to use two fingers to get the clip clamped onto the belly pan. After messing with installing the clips for an hour....the splitter bolted right up in 10mins. With the heavy duty clips installed...that thing thing isn't going anywhere. Next are the barge boards as those arrived today but I'll tackle them another time. The splitter did me in for the day.
Pics?

2011 Lotus Evora N/A Quartz Silver
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAY-DOH View Post
Pics?
I certainly will be adding to the thread with pics of my own once all is said and done. I got the driver side barge board installed today. After dealing with the missing u-clips for the splitter....the board was a slam dunk! Turns out the previous owner had barge boards installed earlier but since removed. There were riveted in threaded holes already, about 6 of them per side. I had some bolts/washers on hand that fit so I drilled a few new holes in the boards after marking them up and the driver side went on with no hassle. With the extra support I was able to ditch the middle bracket and use those threaded mount points instead. Win, win!

Anyone thinking twice about picking up Play-Doh's stuff....don't. Great guy to deal with and the product is good.

2005 Elise- Katana II Supercharged and other fun bits
2011 Evora - Daily Driver

post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lckitty View Post
I'm dying to check this out!
Seeing that the weather is getting nicer...we need to head out to cars and coffee at Redmond town center! Wouldn't mind a nice sunny day drive thru the Cascade Mountains either. Let me know!!

2005 Elise- Katana II Supercharged and other fun bits
2011 Evora - Daily Driver
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 11:32 PM

Quote:
I can make them with the tapered look from the start, I can do an hour glass look as well
@Playdoh, do you still make the bargeboards and front lip with winglets anymore?

"According to astronomy, when you wish upon a star you're actually a few million years too late... that star is dead, just like your dreams."

1983 Toyota Cressida
1995 Honda Civic LX
2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250
2007 Pontiac Solstice Roadster
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2009 Mercedes Benz 350 SLK Roadster
2013 Lotus Evora IPS
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 06:58 AM

Hi Play-Doh, do you make front splitters with the winglets on the side for the Evora 400s? Love your work, would like some aero love for my newer 400!
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 01:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
Hi Play-Doh, do you make front splitters with the winglets on the side for the Evora 400s? Love your work, would like some aero love for my newer 400!
Met a 400 owner a few weeks back who said he might let me copy the 400 profile. Still looking for a 400 volunteer to spend a Saturday in Hickory and get free stuff.....

post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 01:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zymotix3 View Post
@Playdoh, do you still make the bargeboards and front lip with winglets anAymore?

I have decided to sell these used custom barge boards. They have a taper profile as well as the Lambo wings. I will remove the silver edges and they will be wetsanded black. New tape, bolts and center mount brackets included. No drilling required. Uses factory holes
Make offer

post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 08:21 PM

Hi, do these Bargeboard fit on the Evora 400?
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 02:06 AM

Garage
Sale pending

post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 05:12 PM

Any bargeboards for the evora 400?
post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 04:56 PM

Garage
Sold! Thanks zymotix3!

Last edited by PLAY-DOH; 12-28-2018 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Spelling
post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 04:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolname1 View Post
Any bargeboards for the evora 400?
I wish I could get a pattern. Iím told the wheelbase is a wee bit shorter than the S1

post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 07:03 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
I wish I could get a pattern. Iím told the wheelbase is a wee bit shorter than the S1
Not sure of your source but all Lotus service notes show the S1 and S2 cars at 2575mm

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) LMS alloy pan, BOE headers, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype Stage 2 - 420+bHp **SOLD**
post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 01:51 AM

Garage
Maybe it was a body difference Julian. I remember someone posting a drawing of all three styles stacked on top of each other and you could clearly see a difference in length. I canít find that post anywhere! Maybe it was just a front/rear bumper difference. Anyway I still wait for a friend

post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Maybe it was a body difference Julian. I remember someone posting a drawing of all three styles stacked on top of each other and you could clearly see a difference in length. I can’t find that post anywhere! Maybe it was just a front/rear bumper difference. Anyway I still wait for a friend
PlayDoh...tried to PM you but for some reason it will not let me... anyway, if you can PM me I'm interested in your splitter and Barge boards for 2013 Evora. I'm in SoCal for shipping. Thanks!
post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Maybe it was a body difference Julian. I remember someone posting a drawing of all three styles stacked on top of each other and you could clearly see a difference in length. I canít find that post anywhere! Maybe it was just a front/rear bumper difference. Anyway I still wait for a friend
You are thinking of the comparison shot showing the difference in front and rear overhang on the 430
Julian73 and PLAY-DOH like this.

'12 Evora S - 'Bob Lutz' Edition
post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 03:59 PM

Didn't get to finish the rest of the DIY vinyl black pack for the lip and the hood so I will have to post a revision when that's done at a time when i'm not too lazy, but here's what PLAY-DOH's side barges and front splitter look like on my solar yellow. I was going to red stripe the edges, but decided I like the subtleness of the barges/splitter blending into the black and standing out against the yellow on their own. I never realize how low the Evora is with the underside warping inward from the door, until seeing the barge boards inches from the pavement. Still need to get used to adding extra space for my legs when stepping out of the car and not accidentally stepping on the board. Really well made stuff though, and really awesome design, @PLAY-DOH ! The wife and I had a good giggle at your hand written installation instructions and illustrations.

I didn't use the double-sided tape on the front splitter since I figured I was going to remove it at a later time to vinyl the lip too, but with all the bolts up front and around, it doesn't look like it will go anywhere. I've been hitting 80 miles per hour on the freeway, and the lip's still attached to the car.

The hardest part of the installation was my stubbornness to remove the rear wheels to access the rear bolt for the barges.... it's definitely a must step, no way about it. You should amend your instruction steps to include removal of rear wheel to address stubborn people like me from repeating my mistake of needlessly wasting a whole hour thinking my hands were small enough to fit through. I also couldn't get one of the nut in the front of driver side barge to align and thread up, but the second one next to it fitted snug and tight, and I don't see any problem.
Attached Images

Lckitty, Miscible_Bob and PLAY-DOH like this.

"According to astronomy, when you wish upon a star you're actually a few million years too late... that star is dead, just like your dreams."

1983 Toyota Cressida
1995 Honda Civic LX
2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250
2007 Pontiac Solstice Roadster
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2009 Mercedes Benz 350 SLK Roadster
2013 Lotus Evora IPS
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 04:42 PM

Updated the Evora today and it turned out great... Thanks to Play-Doh's barge boards, Splitter and vinyl stone guards!!
Was able to install everything with minimal problems (the only problem I had was my own on lining up the vinyl stone guards). I also didn't have to take off the rear wheel, as using a ratchet with Phillips attachment easily did the trick. Easy, awesome modification! Highly recommend if you are looking for these to get with Play Doh.
Attached Images

zymotix3 and PLAY-DOH like this.
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 06:52 AM

I got PLAY-DOH’d too. I had an idea in mind and I’m glad I found PLAY-DOH (Wyatt). He turn my idea into a reality super fast and the finish and quality of these are amazing! Can’t wait to get them installed on the car (freezing in Chicago so will have to be another day). I personally wanted them to be hourglass shaped for my girlfriend getting in and out of the car easily and had some specifics for the angles of the “fin” and Wyatt was a pleasure to work with. He sent me mockups and progress pictures all along to way making tweaks and they turned out perfect. 10/10
Attached Images

PLAY-DOH and Intern8tion9l like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in