Jalopnik Review of 2020 Evora GT - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By edkap2002

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Jalopnik Review of 2020 Evora GT

https://jalopnik.com/why-the-2020-lo...tur-1836883997

Forgive me if someone's already posted this.

My god, this car sounds good.

Former owner of the great car in my avatar, now with a great new owner: 2006 Elise BRG sport, steel brake lines, RTDbrace, hardtop, black powder-coated wheels, Katana (finally working!), Moroso pan, BOE fuel kit, boost & oil pressure gauges, Blackwatch gauge bracket, Tillet seats, Schroth 6-points, Braille, Xtender, Dunlop Star Spec 205/50, 235/45 street , Rotas w/R888s track
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 08:05 AM

Nice. Thanks!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 11:59 AM
Loves to talk

Garage
Thanks! Unfortunately for me Jalopnik is always such a rabbit hole.

He gets the spirit of the thing and what the general tradeoffs are but I disagree with him a bit, especially about mission. But he definitely hits the highlights.

My gripe: The car is all day comfortable. It is a simple little GT that is not compromised on back roads. It is meager in tech and certain finish components compared to just about any other competitor and it is expensive so you can say it lacks refinement there and I would not disagree. But over the road it's irrelevant. It has what it needs and what I need. It's what Lotus had to build and what they could build so it speaks to and reflects those challenges but as it turns out, it works out better than the Lotus virgin can possibly imagine. The car is not Lotus' track car. It is the most user friendly Lotus yet, and it upped the bar for Lotus in that way. The next car will be very different and we can all see that coming.

Lew
'17 Evora 400 MT

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 03:44 PM
edkap2002

AS a driver who has owned a few sports cars since the 70's.....I will say this...I test drove a Lotus espirit turbo in 1988....was a disappointment.....I admired the looks of the espirit V8's but alas....what a maintenance headache ...so I never owned one...then the Evora was introduced in 2010....I watched and read and followed that market for 8 years without driving one.....on a few rare occasions I had opportunity to ogle its incredibly gorgeous lines...I kept reading and in 2016 the redesign of the Evora and viola...the Evora 400......the road tests and reviews said WOW to me....a reliable rocket sports car that one could drive every day with a reasonable degree reliability.

Test drove a new 2017 at Manhattan Motor Cars in NYC...on a rainy day....downtown...city traffic...pedestrians....potholes....cobblestones. ... Guess what....the car was drive-able beyond belief....in a word....perfect! Picked the car up a week later....drove form city traffic through the suburbs to the rural area in NY where the roads are great and twisty. The car can be as ferocious as it is civil. And the best part....I still lust after this cars design....I love owning
this car!
Europa TC and troyus like this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 06:11 PM

Same here edkap... appreciated the design back in '08 but the interior really turned me off, not to mention the slightly lackluster power. Then came the revision with forced induction, but still the wide sills and odd ergonomics. Couldn't get past it. But the third time was the charm - finally, an evolved interior, and with more power as well. No regrets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in