Just road rashed the entire front clip on a curb - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 03:22 PM

Ratchild, when you get the touch up info, would you mind posting it, please? Thanks!

PS: is the "Ratchild" name a reference to the great Nikki Lauda?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 03:45 PM
MGB

My philosophy is that if you can't see it from the driver's seat, it doesn't really matter. I daily drive my Evora and this lets me accept the million imperfections that have befallen that car, from scrapes and curb rash and broken components. She's meant to be driven
esseye likes this.

2011 NA Evora
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 06:44 PM

Garage
It could be worse. This week I was stopped while waiting for the stoplight to turn and heard brakes screeching behind me. Yup a beat up 94 Accord rear ended me. I am glad he had insurance. Not sure how long parts will take to arrive yet.
Attached Images

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 11:00 PM

OP, Sorry to see that, but that's not road rash. It's driving in to a solid object. Not being smart as I've done similar but just a nick on one side as it tucks under towards the wheel arch. It's gutting when it happens and I've touched it up and no one can see it, BUT I know it's there. I now look at the floor whenI'm parking just as much as I look up.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 11:37 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss View Post
OP, Sorry to see that, but that's not road rash. It's driving in to a solid object. Not being smart as I've done similar but just a nick on one side as it tucks under towards the wheel arch. It's gutting when it happens and I've touched it up and no one can see it, BUT I know it's there. I now look at the floor whenI'm parking just as much as I look up.
As these aren't off-road vehicles, the road and curb are usually both solid objects and typically constructed of the same material. I'm not sure why pointing out the difference is necessary, or how your post helps the OP.

Your reference to looking at the "floor" as much as "looking up" when parking is confusing, as you seem particularly concerned with semantics.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 07:05 AM

It may or may not help the op, but if you believe that objects sticking up from the road surface are the same thing as the road then you are in for a heap of trouble. Easily done as I admitted, but a good pair of eyes is going to be useful.
As to road rash, over here it signifies stuff being thrown up from the road and chipping the paint. Semantics indeed, two countries seperated by a common lamguage.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 05:56 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss View Post
It may or may not help the op, but if you believe that objects sticking up from the road surface are the same thing as the road then you are in for a heap of trouble. Easily done as I admitted, but a good pair of eyes is going to be useful.
As to road rash, over here it signifies stuff being thrown up from the road and chipping the paint. Semantics indeed, two countries seperated by a common lamguage.
I didn't imply they were the same, but your post was just adding insult to injury IMHO. Like rubbing salt in an open wound.

Road rash here is typically used by motorcyclists to describe the lack of their skin from sliding on the road (unprotected).

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in