Komo-Tec EV4-435 reflash for the Evora 400 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Champale
  • 1 Post By Julian73
  • 1 Post By Champale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 04:48 AM Thread Starter

Komo-Tec EV4-435 reflash for the Evora 400

Has anyone purchased this yet? I have been emailing with K-T and they say it will work with my US-spec car with 3rd cat delete and K&N filter but I would like to hear feedback from users if possible.

https://www.komo-tec.com/en/lotus-ev...vora-400?c=487
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:53 AM

I really want to do a simple flash like this to unlock a little extra mid-range torque but this seems so expensive for just a tune. Hoping BOE will release something similar soon.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Paging BOE . . . Paging BOE . . . give the people what they want, please!!
Julian73 likes this.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 09:58 AM

I would consider this tune but do they really send you cable to do yourself? My friend is doing the Komo Tec 460 kit on his and at first was suppose to send cable to do tune. Then at last moment they made him send ECU to Germany and he is still waiting for it to come back?

Current:
2018 Lotus Manual Evora 400
2015 Huracan VF800 Supercharged
2018 Audi SQ5

Past:
2012 R8 Manual V10 VF750 Supercharged
2009 R8 Manual V8 VF550 Supercharged
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Wow well that is an interesting story, Redsled! Here is what Sascha at K-T emailed me yesterday morning:

"You connect the OBD cable to the vehicle and send us the current data status of the vehicle. Based on this we make the tune file and send it to you by email. You can then import this via cable and laptop to the ECU."

It is unclear to me if I will have to do datalogging (like you do for an Accessport or SCT tuner - which I don't mind doing at all) or if they just read some codes from it and then are able to send a tune.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 07:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsled View Post
I would consider this tune but do they really send you cable to do yourself? My friend is doing the Komo Tec 460 kit on his and at first was suppose to send cable to do tune. Then at last moment they made him send ECU to Germany and he is still waiting for it to come back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champale View Post
Wow well that is an interesting story, Redsled! Here is what Sascha at K-T emailed me yesterday morning:

"You connect the OBD cable to the vehicle and send us the current data status of the vehicle. Based on this we make the tune file and send it to you by email. You can then import this via cable and laptop to the ECU."

It is unclear to me if I will have to do datalogging (like you do for an Accessport or SCT tuner - which I don't mind doing at all) or if they just read some codes from it and then are able to send a tune.
On Series 1 cars the K-T and BOE Fastworks tunes used a cable that dedicates itself to the ECU - VIN. The later full depth tune required sending ECU in to BOE or through one of their subdistributors to be reprogrammed in house. I believe this is due to a suceptibility to brick the ECU is the load is not performed right. This is an ECU T6 and security locking issue that Lotus put in. Should not be an issue to make appointment to send in.
Redsled likes this.

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) LMS alloy pan, BOE headers, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype S 430 **SOLD**
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Installed the K-T 435 flash today. Quick 30 minute drive this morning felt really, really good. Will do 150 mile trip tomorrow. The car feels quite a bit snappier, from all revs. I've reflashed a number of cars and sportbikes over the years and this one feels really well-engineered - no stumbles, flatspots, CELs, or other weirdness. May try to do back to back OE 400 vs K-T 435 dyno runs at some point if I can find some time.

The process is dead simple - K-T sends you an OBD dongle and cable, you download a program onto your laptop and connect it to car with the cable, it reads your car's info then you take a screenshot of it and email it back to Komo Tec. A few days later an email came back with OE flash, 91 oct flash, and 93 oct flash. Takes less than 5 minutes to load the new flash onto the Evora.
DerekOfBass likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:59 PM

I have the 460 tune and it's excellent a huge bump in torque in the mid range and it just keeps pulling all the way to redline highly recommended.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 09:05 PM

Will this tune work with US 91 octane? Will it obliterate the warranty?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in