My First Lotus - Evora 410 Sport. Intro, and some modding Qs - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

The catless one

http://www.2bular.co.uk/evora-400/76...protection-kit

Evora Sport 410 | AM V12 Vantage S | 964 C4 4.0L Widebody | 944 Turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
Very nice. Thanks for the response.

2017 Evora Sport 410

2006 Elise British Racing Green SOLD
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

View My Video

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Bowman View Post
Quote:
Very nice. Thanks for the response.
It’s being installed now. We’ll see. Others here who are running catless don’t get CELs with the use of modified 02 sensor extenders.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 04:28 AM

Obviously not an option for those of us living in Texas, but will be interested to see your impressions.

2017 Evora Sport 410

2006 Elise British Racing Green SOLD
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 04:48 AM Thread Starter

Jim does make a catted version....

https://static.kodajo.com/images/use...e24c357dda.JPG

post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 08:58 AM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Interesting read and oh by the way congratulations. I own Sport 410 #1, which dealer did you purchase from?

Quote:
...Maybe 50 more HP and a bit more torque? Nonetheless, couldn’t stop thinking of the car. The next few days were spent researching the car. So there’s a BOE manifold and a BOE CAI. That should do the trick.
I have BOE long tube headers ready to go on my car. I have used them on a prior Evora Series 1 and along with a tune added some 69 wHp over baseline and 39 wHp over a competitors header and tweeted caned-tune, (fyi I was the guinea pig developer of BOE's CAI and V6 tunes in the US). Lotus baseline tune is more refined on the Series 2 (4xx) cars so I would expect smaller deltas.

Quote:
Having driven the car a few times since delivery (2 days ago), it is as lovely as I remember during the test drive. The seats though. While I fit and the sides don’t dig in to my thighs enough for it to be a problem, all that wasted space on either side of the seat! My only complaint about the seats are they are too short that it really lacks thigh support. I can imagine it being an issue for long drives. A quick call to the dealer and they were offering to order the carbon sparcos but I figure I’ll be adding back weight I paid dearly to keep out.
As to seats, and it is both subjective and a function of worse and leg lengths but I have found the following after completing a 2 day 1300 mile drive from dealer and just yesterday a 2800 mile round trip to LOG with 840 miles done yesterday, that the seat back angle is important. second day on long trip last year I was cursing the car that the seats were not as comfortable as the Recaro's in my prior Evora (leg pain in thighs), however I run with the seat back a slight hair more upright and have no problem.

Quote:
Wish the dealer optioned the darker trim ring for the ac vents but I think I can take care of that myself. Yellow instead of red accents would have been ideal too. The aftermarket radio is, well, crap and is only good for the rear camera. I hope I can wire it so that I can turn it on at will, the view through the rear slats is dismal.
They should have just blocked the view completely. I end up taking my eyes off the road longer than necessary to struggle to make out what’s behind me.
Darker vents were not an option, however I too tried to order with a darker trim ring to no avail., a year later I still haven't taken them off to get plastic piped or wrapped.

Rear slats are not bad in the day, I just ignore the "view", however night driving is problematic as the headlights bounce around, strobe and reflect of different angles of the carbon, had to set my mirror to dark mode and again ignore the activity behind.

Quote:
Now for the questions.

I’m looking to get a BOE CAI and headers as well. I understand this doesn’t need a tune. BOE have stated that they will have tunes available which we can load ourselves...is that out yet?
Refer above, I don't have an IPS but understand that Phil (BOE) is working on tunes that work with the IPS, Probably will not be self loadable.

Quote:
Any opinions on BOE baffled pan vs Moroso?
I run a Lotus Motorsport Alloy pan (had it on my prior Evora) they no longer sell them, but was a beautiful piece that they made for the LeMans endouro cars., Best pan today (and much cheaper) is a steel version sold on the GT430, part # A702E0002J along with Service Kit A702E0006S. I would purchase this is I didn't already have my $3500 piece of art.

Quote:
I’ve contacted BWR for a set of Penskes. They said that they are developing shocks for the Evora but may take a while. A lot cheaper than the ÷hlins TTX. Though the mechatronic is tempting.
I would go with stay with the Ohlins Front: A710C0001F (1 each) and mount A710C0002F (1 each) along with hardware. Rear: A710D0001F (1 each), LH bracket A710D4001F and RH bracket A710D4002F

Quote:
Water injection. It’s fairly hot in these parts and I was thinking of water injection not for more power but to make sure the car gets cool air so it doesn’t pull timing. So I figure it will be installed without th PSE tune accounting for it. Worst case the car gets warmer air it was tuned for anyway and knock control will work within parameters. Does that make sense? As the car was purchased primarily for the track (but also driven to and from the track) I was thinking of upgrading the radiator to a higher capacity one either from BOE or Elise-shop. Do you guys think it’s necessary for war,Mee climates?
Is the car in Taiwan? Is it really any hotter than Texas? We have temps over 100/105 for weeks at a time. I studied the cooling systems of the 410 over my old Series 1 S, they cut back from independent air oil coolers to a good quality water heat exchanger but tied into more radiator cooling load along with the new transaxle oil water heat exchanger (manual gear box). This opened space in nose fro independent Intercooler radiator and I believe the IPS cars have direct oil air cooling radiator up their too.

My solution, collect data before make rash changes. I am able to monitor water temp, engine oil temp and OP to date highest oil temp is 91 deg C and water exceeded 105 C

Quote:
What about an oil catch can? Should I?
Still experimenting, Series 1 car need an catch can on forward valve bank only, despite Radium selling a dual system, the aft bank can never collected. On the 4xx cars Lotus has flip-flopped the plumbing of the PCV system now effectively running the ventilation air in reverse. Because of this I experimentally set up a single can on the aft bank only, it does collect oil. What I need to investigate this weekend is if the forward bank vent piping has oil traces.

Quote:
Lastly, I really like the GT410/430 Sport front and rear bumpers but I seem to recall them priced around 16k. Ouch. HethelSport sells them but I don’t think they are as light mas the ones in the car now. Any ideas?
Lotus cf parts are light and gain stiffness from geometrical ribbing. HethelSport panels are fiberglass with cf cover, they will be much heavier, but at a much cheaper pricing. FYI I purchased Lotus GT430 A panels, they are almost half the weight of the standard panel, but are so expensive that an extra $590 to get them painted was not an issue.

Hope this helps some from an fellow 410 owner.

[/QUOTE]

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) Lotus MS alloy pan, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype Stage 2 - 420+bHp **SOLD**
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Julian. We’ve exchanged PMs before on the subject of BOE headers and tune I believe. You were awaiting Phil’s tune then I recall.

I’m located in Manila, The Philippines. Mine is the only 410 in the country. I’ve since replaced my wheel bolts with studs, added a front tow strap, installed the Radium dual catch can (which has colected a minimal amount of oil after around 2 months and 4 - 5 track sessions. I’ve also recently installed 2bular long tube headers with a decat pipe after repeated unanswered emails and PMs to Phil. The headers sound very good, no CELs so far (fingers crossed) but I haven’t run the car hard yet due to non stop rains. I’ll try to contact Phil again regarding the modified IPS trans he redently posted about. Is there some secret handshake or password with BOE or are they simply that busy that there’s no time for new customers? I’d really want to explore a tune and a CAI as well as the IPS mod he recently posted about.

I’ was able to recline the seat a bit using washers but I’m waiting on John Seal for his seat brackets that allow mounting the seats at a better angle.

I have the bumpers enroute from Herhelsport. I’ll see how they weigh vs my standard bumpers and report back.

Regarding wider wheels and tires, I’ve exchanged emails with Lotus/Hethel and was told that while the GT430 10.5” wheels fit the 410s I would have to run 285 instead of 295 width tires. I suspect this is due to regulations than structural issues. The 430s have arch extensions that other cars don’t. And rules require that tires do not extend beyond wheel arches. I’ve already inquired if the wheel arch extensions are available for sale separately. I’m about to order HRE wheels in 19x8.5 and 20x10.5 using GT430 offsets in the rear. I’m still deciding on the front offsets.

I’m having issues with hotlinking pics from my tiny pic acct. I have a few sound clips of the 2bular headers on my car both from inside and outside. The last pics above were attached via Lotustalk but it doesn’t allow attaching video.

Last edited by Rainmaker; 08-17-2018 at 09:56 AM.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 06:35 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Thanks Julian. Weíve exchanged PMs before on the subject of BOE headers and tune I believe. You were awaiting Philís tune then I recall.

Iím located in Manila, The Philippines. Mine is the only 410 in the country. Iíve since replaced my wheel bolts with studs, added a front tow strap, installed the Radium dual catch can (which has colected a minimal amount of oil after around 2 months and 4 - 5 track sessions. Iíve also recently installed 2bular long tube headers with a decat pipe after repeated unanswered emails and PMs to Phil. The headers sound very good, no CELs so far (fingers crossed) but I havenít run the car hard yet due to non stop rains. Iíll try to contact Phil again regarding the modified IPS trans he redently posted about. Is there some secret handshake or password with BOE or are they simply that busy that thereís no time for new customers? Iíd really want to explore a tune and a CAI as well as the IPS mod he recently posted about.

Ií was able to recline the seat a bit using washers but Iím waiting on John Seal for his seat brackets that allow mounting the seats at a better angle.

I have the bumpers enroute from Herhelsport. Iíll see how they weigh vs my standard bumpers and report back.

Regarding wider wheels and tires, Iíve exchanged emails with Lotus/Hethel and was told that while the GT430 10.5Ē wheels fit the 410s I would have to run 285 instead of 295 width tires. I suspect this is due to regulations than structural issues. The 430s have arch extensions that other cars donít. And rules require that tires do not extend beyond wheel arches. Iíve already inquired if the wheel arch extensions are available for sale separately. Iím about to order HRE wheels in 19x8.5 and 20x10.5 using GT430 offsets in the rear. Iím still deciding on the front offsets.

Iím having issues with hotlinking pics from my tiny pic acct. I have a few sound clips of the 2bular headers on my car both from inside and outside. The last pics above were attached via Lotustalk but it doesnít allow attaching video.
'
Any updates?

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) Lotus MS alloy pan, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype Stage 2 - 420+bHp **SOLD**
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

The 430 bumpers are on. But I decided to stay with the stock wheels. The fronts need more negative camber as it understeer sat corner exit, even on Cup 2s. It seems the only way to do that is with the Motorsport arms, but they are NLA. Looking for aftermarket alternatives.
Attached Images

DBG likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in