15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdr8 View Post
Wait a sec...aren't we currently in that thread? Lol
Ah..... yes, yes we are.

But, thanks for making me spit out my drink. LOL

I didn't go back to the beginning, so i didn't realize it was the same thread. Oh well....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:31 AM

If I'm reading the parts diagram correctly, it looks like the cost to buy all the necessary parts to swap to Inteva latches still costs $100 less than buying an old-style latch.

One concern is swapping the strike plate - if you unbolt the strike plate from the door, does the backing plate just fall down inside the car? Is there a way to get access to the other side of the plate?
post #63 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantdecide View Post
Looking through the drawings it doesn't look like they are all that far off. I'm not sure what that security shroud is, but it seems to me in addition to the newer latch you might just needs parts 4, 5, 7, and maybe part 33 "Edge Protector"? I'm not sure what that's for.

It's unclear to me what the security shroud is or where it goes. Does the latch sit in it inside the door? If its just extra security and not structural or necessary for mounting it could be omitted.

Are there photos of the inside of a late 2012 door anywhere?

Is Bell & Colvill an ok place to order parts from? I'll try Gator and other recommendations as well.
The part I would focus on is where the latch mechanism is screwed into the door shell. As best I can tell, the pattern of screw holes does not match at all. The 3 screws on the old style latch are kind of a J pattern, where the Inteva latch appears to be a more triangle layout. It may just be the way the diagram looks, but otherwise those holes are in a steel frame that is bonded to the inside of the door shell by unknown means.

I seem to recall the Inteva latch also indicated there should be an extra hole with some sort of lock enable/disable mechanism, and that access hole is not present in these door shells.

post #64 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Remove the two tree fixings on the air duct shroud

Remove the door handle drip piece
Can you elaborate on these two steps? I've been using a trim removal tool on the air duct fittings and I feel like I'm breaking something. Do they just pull out? They don't seem to have a release mechanism.

What is the door handle drop piece, and how do you remove it?
post #65 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 06:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantdecide View Post
Looking through the drawings it doesn't look like they are all that far off. I'm not sure what that security shroud is, but it seems to me in addition to the newer latch you might just needs parts 4, 5, 7, and maybe part 33 "Edge Protector"? I'm not sure what that's for.

It's unclear to me what the security shroud is or where it goes. Does the latch sit in it inside the door? If its just extra security and not structural or necessary for mounting it could be omitted.

Are there photos of the inside of a late 2012 door anywhere?

Is Bell & Colvill an ok place to order parts from? I'll try Gator and other recommendations as well.
The security shroud sits around the latch so that it makes it harder to slim jim the rods. The non-Inteva latches have them too, just bigger.

Bell & Colvill is one of the larger Lotus dealers in the UK, and I've ordered tons of stuff from them. Sometimes it takes a while to get over here, but I've never had issues not getting something. As an FYI though, apparently Lotus won't warranty any parts in the US bought out of the US, so you'd have to work with B&C/DeRoure for any issues w/ those parts.

Quote:
Oh, probably not important, but I haven't seen anyone describe this failure mode yet: My switch seems to still partially work. When I close the door the dash flickers showing the door closed, then it shows it open again.
That definitely sounds like the microswitch acting up.

Quote:
One concern is swapping the strike plate - if you unbolt the strike plate from the door, does the backing plate just fall down inside the car? Is there a way to get access to the other side of the plate?
You should be able to access the strike plates from the rear fuse panel access hole on the LHS, and if you remove the b-pillar panel and subwoofer on the RHS.

Quote:
Can you elaborate on these two steps? I've been using a trim removal tool on the air duct fittings and I feel like I'm breaking something. Do they just pull out? They don't seem to have a release mechanism.

What is the door handle drop piece, and how do you remove it?
To remove the air duct trim, you pull the 2 plastic fir tree fasteners. There might also be a few smaller screws in the rubber grommet area.

To remove the door handle, you have to pry the front cover off. Underneath are 2x 6mm bolts.

2011 Evora NA - Phantom Black | Paprika | MT | 2+.5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in