Video of GRP Tail lights for those interested - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 9Likes
  • 5 Post By zthang
  • 3 Post By Mobius97
  • 1 Post By Redsled

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Video of GRP Tail lights for those interested

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and just got my Evora last month. These GRP tail lights are my first mod to the car. I also have the decat pipe waiting for install.

Anyways for those of you curious, here's a video of what the all red with no reflectors option looks like when in use.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 02:35 PM

Looks good, mine shipped today. I think same as yours option 3 all red smoked? Was the install as simple as it seems from instructions ?

Current:
2018 Lotus Manual Evora 400
2015 Huracan VF800 Supercharged
2018 Audi SQ5

Past:
2012 R8 Manual V10 VF750 Supercharged
2009 R8 Manual V8 VF550 Supercharged
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 03:09 PM
Happy To Be Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsled View Post
Looks good, mine shipped today. I think same as yours option 3 all red smoked? Was the install as simple as it seems from instructions ?
Install should be as easy as it seems. Unplug old light, undo two nuts, remove surrounding ring from old light, drop the surrounding ring on new light, install two nuts, plug in new light. Repeat for the other side.

One thing I did aside from the install above was add a very thin layer of weather strip between the new light and the surrounding ring to make sure it was water tight to seal the trunk from exterior water. Mine was part of the first batch, so I don’t know if a weather strip has been added to the lights since.

The only thing that might happen (which it did on my S1) is the resistance was a bit off on the lights and it throws a traction control light, which kills your throttle response. In that case, Greg will send you the proper resistor to solve the problem. Mine have been working flawlessly since installing the resistor and I love the look, especially of the dedicated turn signal.
Attached Images

2013 Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
2016 BMW 328xi - Estoril Blue

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsled View Post
I second ShadowWulf. It's literally a 15 min job.....if that even. Truly! Remove the two nuts on each light, remove tails with a gentle tap, swap the outer trim onto the new tails, fasten and plug them in. How fast can you turn that socket? Be like the Dad from A Christmas Story and time it I started out with Greg's original lights he came out with (believe I had the 2nd pair he sold) and I am currently rocking the 2nd gen lights. I really like the concentric circles on the 2nd gen. I do run the newer 3rd gen lights on my Elise. Each model...same install, perfect fit, better looks and easy install.
@ShadowWulf369 Love the color of your car and that wing my friend...car is looking sharp!

2005 Elise- Katana II Supercharged and other fun bits
2011 Evora - Daily Driver

Last edited by Mobius97; 04-24-2019 at 07:40 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 12:44 PM

I posted this in the "What I did Today" thread but figured I would throw it here to so will be easier for people to see who are thinking of this easy mod. Also wanted to add no issue with needing a resistor

Installed GRP GT Tail Lights

Comparison with one side changed

Very happy with results and fits into my red/black scheme. Thanks for the great service Greg!

Current:
2018 Audi SQ5

Past:
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 12:55 PM

Have had people tell me it's hard to see my brake lights on a bright day with the smoked lens so ordered an all red set not smoked. installed today and find them better.
This picture is with new on left, smoked on right

Here is car out in sun with new ones on

I think the smoked would work better on a car that is not red as it blended in with car making it harder to see. I am selling the smoked set and will give someone a great deal on them. You can see pictures in above post on how they compare to the Stock
ostatem3 likes this.

Current:
2018 Audi SQ5

Past:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in