The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

What do you guys think of this wrecked evora?

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  friss 
#1 ·
#2 ·
This is maybe a $45,000 car if perfect. There are plenty of parts breakout/price diagrams online. The bodywork will be difficult to get from Lotus but there are aftermarket bumpers and you can always buy a used one and repair it. Its difficult to tell, but the frame might be ok except for some broken brackets. So I guess it really depends on what you want. If you want to fix it perfectly then it's not worth it. If you want to fix it with used parts and piece it back together you can probably do it but it will only be a $25,000 car.

#4 ·
My guess would be that the crash structure on the passenger side needs to be replaced, but the frame is probably okay. You’d obviously need to tear into it to find out one way or the other, but the wheel still looks like it’s where it’s supposed to be. The headlight is going to be pricy as well as the clam if you replace it rather than repair it. I’d say this would make an awesome track car with some repaired components rather than trying to make it perfect again. I mean, it is a manual, so it has that going for it. Slap a blower on the motor while you have the front clam off and you’ve got a fun track toy.

I agree with cornbeef, to bring it back to flawless would be an expensive journey that wouldn’t be worth it in the end.

#5 ·
My guess would be that the crash structure on the passenger side needs to be replaced, but the frame is probably okay. You’d obviously need to tear into it to find out one way or the other, but the wheel still looks like it’s where it’s supposed to be. ...
Agree wheel looks in right place, but unfortunately crash structure L/R fwd of suspension points is a single part requiring full front subframe replacement.

Slap a blower on the motor while you have the front clam off and you’ve got a fun track toy.
I agree with cornbeef, to bring it back to flawless would be an expensive journey that wouldn’t be worth it in the end.
Front clam off does help with heat exchanger addition for an IC blower such as the BOE- TVS1900

#9 ·
You would have to get it for extremely cheap if you’re not doing the work yourself.

I hit a deer in August and the damage was nothing like this car (from the outside the only visual damage was the headlight was pushed in) and it’s costing $22,000 to be returned to new...... my appraisal has a big number for painting and I’m not sure if they’re replacing the top of the clam on mine but even still that 22k is not counting a windshield, airbags, lower fender behind the wheel, any subframe/crash structure damage, radiator damage or anything else hidden in this one.

It’s a same to say it but this would need to go for under $10000 to make any sense financially in trying to repair it yourself, not even considering having someone do it. It’s sad as these cars are relatively easy to work on, it’s just that the OEM body parts are expensive and slow to come from Lotus.

If you want an Evora that bad a high mileage beat up one would be a better buy as any repairs would only help it’s value without being massively underwater.

#10 ·
Looks like that's a no. This is all good advice above. Evoras of this vintage are pretty stable price wise so it makes sense to buy the best one you can unless you're specifically looking for a project. That said, I think Evoras have the possibility to appreciate in the long term. But that's speculative.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.