Window adjustments - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Window adjustments

I found a few threads about this but it seemed like most people were having someone else do the work so there was never a resolution posted. When I wash my Evora I get a little bit of water dripping down the inside of the window. It seems like it gets in just above where the window meets the mirror plinth. The driver side isn't bad, it's mainly the passenger side. I keep the water pressure on the hose pretty low so it doesn't seem to take much for water to get in. I haven't driven it in the rain yet to see how much gets in then but I will eventually, so I'd like to fix it now.

I've read through the adjustment steps in the service notes and am thinking I either need to adjust the tilt so the glass presses against the seal more, or the up-stop so the glass tucks into the top seal better. I don't think it would take much. Those of you that have adjusted your windows, which adjustment(s) fixed it for you? Or was it something else that fixed it?

Any help is appreciated.

'14 Evora S - Chrome Orange/Ebony
'02 M5 - Carbon Black/Silverstone
'01 M3 - Imola Red/Black (gone but not forgotten)
'08 RS4 - Imola Yellow/Black (gone but not forgotten)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Anyone?

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 12:15 PM

I had my regulator repaired in Phoenix. All I did was watch how they installed it. I do know they spent a lot of time aligning it. They did it from inside with the door card off where it clamps to the regulator assembly. and then checked and rechecked from the outside. That seemed to take the most time but I can say, no leaks.

Remember the window indexes up so that’s why it was done on the inside of the car. It took 3 or 4 tries to get it perfect. That I do remember.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 01:54 PM

Garage
Here is your adjustment. I’ve got a whole series on Power Window Motor replacement on YouTube. Sorry for half the Pt 5 video being upside down
Attached Images

2011 Lotus Evora N/A Quartz Silver
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limbdoc View Post
I had my regulator repaired in Phoenix. All I did was watch how they installed it. I do know they spent a lot of time aligning it. They did it from inside with the door card off where it clamps to the regulator assembly. and then checked and rechecked from the outside. That seemed to take the most time but I can say, no leaks.

Remember the window indexes up so that’s why it was done on the inside of the car. It took 3 or 4 tries to get it perfect. That I do remember.
I was just going to make minor adjustments with the door open, then close it and recheck. Door closed seems like a good idea though, especially if starting from square one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAY-DOH View Post
Here is your adjustment. I’ve got a whole series on Power Window Motor replacement on YouTube. Sorry for half the Pt 5 video being upside down
I watched your whole video series. Thank you very much for uploading that. Isn't there another tilt adjustment screw behind the speaker, at the same height as the one you have circled?

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 03:21 PM

Garage
I believe there is

2011 Lotus Evora N/A Quartz Silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in