Best Customer Service I've ever received: Gator Motorsports! *Simply Blown Away* - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 7Likes
  • 7 Post By MartyMcfly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Best Customer Service I've ever received: Gator Motorsports! *Simply Blown Away*

Guys, I have never left a review for a product, nor a pitch, let alone praise or criticism for dang near anything. Im either too lazy or nothing impresses me enough to open my computer to type out a response, until now.

I want to send praises to Gator Motorsports! Im astounded at how personable and just the overall amount of kindness they showed me, a complete stranger.

A quick Summary. I posted another lame thread on this forum,you know, the kind where you're not expecting a reply, about a intake manifold stud that screws into the head. I simply wasn't aware that a long stud was required to bolt the intake mani to the head. T.J. from G.M. replied and told me he had one in stock and to PM him.

I did just that, and in doing so I asked a question about what else was needed when going from a Katana kit to Normally Aspirated. Without hesitation, and I'm sure I was interrupting from his busy schedule, T.J. took detailed pictures of the brackets and various doo-dads I'd need for my car. I was in awe at the detailed response with pics, and was ready to pay this man whatever asking price he wanted for the stud, detailed description and pictures.

Since G.M. is an authorized dealer, I asked T.J. how much he wanted for the stud, also the various brackets and bolts, which just the bracket listed for 21$ new on various lotus sites. T.J.'s response "No charge, just glad to help out. Send me a car picture when you get a chance." Being in complete shock, I said "Well how much would I owe you for shipping and your time?" T.J.'s response "Only thing I ask is you pay it forward when someone else is in need of parts."

Wow, simply ....just...WOW.

I got the parts today, and I am pleasantly reminded how much good is left in the world. All we're faced with today is negative this, and negative that, its cool to see people still care for one another and want to see good passed on without anything in return. Positivity is contagious, so I bought the guy behind me meal in the drive thru and drove off. Least I can do to pay back T.J. and Dino. Not to mention they have a new customer w/ referrals for life.

I am writing this at my own discretion, without Gator Motorsports knowledge. If this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move. I just wanted to express my simple gratitude. I hope you give them a chance to take care of you. Im certain you will be pleased just as I am.
carbuff, Harix, qz5gxt and 4 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 02:11 PM
Asst. Helmet Tester

Garage
Very cool!

"I think you should name her Pippa, because she's British and has a nice looking rear end."

An ALS Ice Bucket Challenge unlike the rest The ALS Association Golden West Chapter Presents The PanAmerica Crew IBC
The most recent big adventure in the fight against ALS SailingforALS.com
and don't forget the epic charity road trip ThePanAmerica.com
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 02:30 PM

Garage
Agree...the guys at GM are exceptional.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 02:42 PM

TJ is THE man. He's helped me out numerous times over Facebook messages with both my Elise and Esprit.

2016 Chevy Cruze, manual
1987 Lotus Esprit Turbo HCi
2005 Elise
1981 DeLorean, manual, EFI conversion
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 04:21 PM

Garage
I agree, TJ and Dino are great to do business with.

2006 Laser blue Exige
2005 Starlite black Elise SOLD
1970 TVR Vixen S2
Enjoyed and sold many other British sports cars.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 08:00 AM

Yep, it is well documented that Gator and company rock harder than this cat...

Blackhawk Farms, Gingerman, Nelson Ledges, Road America, Grattan, Mid-Ohio, Waterford Hills, Putnam Park, Autobahn Country Club, Barber, Virginia Interational Raceway, Milwaukee Mile, NCM Motorsports Park, Road Atlanta, COTA

The bitterest tears are shed over graves for words left unsaid & deeds left undone - Harriet Beecher Stowe
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Rocks harder than Washington:

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 08:30 AM
Got Parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenRK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post
Rocks harder than Washington:
HAHA!!

Glad we can rock harder than a cat riding a fire-breathing unicorn and Washington with an eagle and mini gun.

Ken, I plan on being at Blackhawk again this year, hopefully TJ can make it this year too!

But really, thank you all for the kind words. Maybe by this time next year we can rock as hard as Abe riding a grizzly bear with the Declaration of Independence.
Attached Images

GATOR MOTORSPORT
'The Lotus Evora - A Rose of a Different Color'
Authorized Lotus, Rossion, Magnum, and Zenos dealership.
Specializing in Lotus service, parts, and performance upgrades.
"Unrivaled Excellence"
3353 West 96th Street. Indianapolis, IN 46268
(855)-428-6767
www.GatorMotorsport.com
www.LotusParts.com
Click here to take a virtual tour of our facilities!

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 01:16 PM

Gator rocks, indeed.
Attached Images

Tony
Indianapolis
'10 Evora | '66 S2 Super Seven 1500 Cosworth | '99 Birkin (sold)
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenRK View Post

Thats hard to imagine as, you know. Unicorns and rainbows.

That said, I ordered a 2bular exhaust from Dino. Fantastic service.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Guys, I have never left a review for a product, nor a pitch, let alone praise or criticism for dang near anything. Im either too lazy or nothing impresses me enough to open my computer to type out a response, until now.
I found one you left for me a few years ago Haha!

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f306...-glenn-100878/

Gator Motorsport is always top notch. Best mechanic in the US too (TJ!)

If anyone needs a Difflow Diffuser, Gator carries them. They have an Evora diffuser in stock as we speak.

Last edited by qu1Z; 12-21-2015 at 07:59 AM.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 04:29 PM
boxerman

I bought my exige cup from them. They are somethign like 1200 miles away from me. The company is so great to deal with, so professional, that I wouldnt considder buying a lotus anywhere else.

Lets just say truly exceptional.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 01:13 PM
A1 Automotive & Smog

Quote:

I want to send praises to Gator Motorsports! Im astounded at how personable and just the overall amount of kindness they showed me, a complete stranger.

A quick Summary. I posted another lame thread on this forum,you know, the kind where you're not expecting a reply, about a intake manifold stud that screws into the head. I simply wasn't aware that a long stud was required to bolt the intake mani to the head. T.J. from G.M. replied and told me he had one in stock and to PM him.

I did just that, and in doing so I asked a question about what else was needed when going from a Katana kit to Normally Aspirated. Without hesitation, and I'm sure I was interrupting from his busy schedule, T.J. took detailed pictures of the brackets and various doo-dads I'd need for my car. I was in awe at the detailed response with pics, and was ready to pay this man whatever asking price he wanted for the stud, detailed description and pictures.

Since G.M. is an authorized dealer, I asked T.J. how much he wanted for the stud, also the various brackets and bolts, which just the bracket listed for 21$ new on various lotus sites. T.J.'s response "No charge, just glad to help out. Send me a car picture when you get a chance." Being in complete shock, I said "Well how much would I owe you for shipping and your time?" T.J.'s response "Only thing I ask is you pay it forward when someone else is in need of parts."

Wow, simply ....just...WOW.

I got the parts today, and I am pleasantly reminded how much good is left in the world. All we're faced with today is negative this, and negative that, its cool to see people still care for one another and want to see good passed on without anything in return. Positivity is contagious, so I bought the guy behind me meal in the drive thru and drove off. Least I can do to pay back T.J. and Dino. Not to mention they have a new customer w/ referrals for life.

I am writing this at my own discretion, without Gator Motorsports knowledge. If this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move. I just wanted to express my simple gratitude. I hope you give them a chance to take care of you. Im certain you will be pleased just as I am.
I'm just about to write something and saw this one.. feels like you just stole everything that I'd like to wrote.. Alright, let me think something else in a few days then..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Aftermarket Suppliers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in