BOE Clam Hinges For Sale!!! - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

BOE Clam Hinges For Sale!!!

This is the mod that shouldn't have to be a mod. The factory should have had the car come with it! It makes working on or just drooling on the car so much more productive, and easier on the back and the paint...

We're turning the last couple bolts and packaging the last couple bits and pieces this week

We're now taking deposits to hold your clam hinge. We didn't make a ton of them so I thought it prudent to take a deposit of $50 to lock in your hinge system.... We will be able to ship starting this coming Monday

Deposits can be made on my website BOEFabrication.com | Beyond Original Equipment go to the very bottom of the page and select option 4 in the Custom Pricing drop down box, add to cart, and check out...

Total Price is $1,100 shipped standard ground to the lower 48. Please email me before ordering outside of the lower 48... I'll collect final balance when we ship.

This system allows you to tilt the clam of an Elise in under 5 minutes. It requires drilling 4 holes in the boot of your clam, but otherwise nothing that can't be reversed. It will save a couple pounds of weight on a net basis. It is set up for a PC625 battery, although I'm sure a crafty person can/will make soemthing else work.

It has been done on an Exige but takes some additional creativity.

It requires only the most basic tools and an afternoon to install...

More info at this thread: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/t...am-worx-50570/

Please let me know if you have any questions...

Best,

Phil

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable

Last edited by turbophil; 11-12-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 06:12 PM

Hey, I've been in that garage before!

Good job with the tilting clam, I'm sure LordZ appreciated it during his VF install.

2006 Elise - Chili Red - VF Supercharged and Intercooled Stg 3 - Custom tuned by CharlieX - 2.9" Pulley - Walbro 255 - RC 550cc's - Black Badges - Red Inserts - Grey RAC Monolites - Toyo R888's - South Bend SS-TZ - Fidanza Flywheel - FF CF front spoiler - Craftsquare CF Mirrors - Reverie CF Diffuser - 5" 2bular Ultra - PPE 4-1 FI Header w/ Decat - VonHep Rear Panel - Innovate XD-16/LC-1 - Mr.C Radar Mount - Clutch Travel Mod - Shifter Bolt Mod - re-ENFORCER - A/C Panel Mod - Odessey PC625
post #3 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Thanks Matt! I thought you might know that guy

Cheers,

Phil

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable

post #4 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 06:16 PM

I was there too!

Jay-05' ST, HT, Touring Red
post #5 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 06:50 PM

What needs to be done on the exige for it to work?

07 Exige S - PhB., TP, TP, LSD, Gotham, 2Bular Revised Header, 2Bular De-Cat, 2Bular 8x24 Burnt GT3, Cup Car Intake, 6k HID's, Schroth 4pt ASM Harnesses, Milled Steering Arms, Bronze Volk TE37, Carbon Craftsquare Mirrors, Reverie 5 Element Diffuser, Reverie Exige Race Front Spoiler, APR Canards, IMRP Side Skirts, Blackwatch Studs w/ Project Kics K40 Lugs, DBA 5000 Rotors, Goodridge lines, Sparco Wheel w/ Works Bell Quick Release.
post #6 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4rkattk View Post
What needs to be done on the exige for it to work?
Same as on the elise. Just a few extra steps to do.

1. remove side vent covers
2. remove cable for rear hatch release
3. get a friend to help because it's not a one man job to lift

Can go from turning key off to full tilt in ~20 mins.
post #7 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

A couple testimonials:

The Captain: I successfully installed Phil's tilting clam to my 2006 Elise this past weekend. This is a most excellent addition and worth every penny.

SilentTed: This kit is excellent

Lordz: The kit is worth the money if you are looking at messing around with the motor in the future, adding a SC, changing clutches, pulling the motor, changing headers, etc. Makes working on it 100X easier.

sfelise: it takes some time but the instructions were good and it's really not that hard. It works great and will make working the car so much easier

Jim-clayton: The tilt install is done. What a marvelous product.

A must have for anyone who works on their own car. Tilt the clam and you get easy access to everything, headers, belt, airbox, etc.

Thanks Phil !!!!

Cheers all,

Phil

post #8 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 08:50 PM

Phil, you made a bracket to relocate the battery in front of the engine. Does this kit include that, or is the battery still in the boot?

I have it! (5/6/2006) 2005 CO, LSS, Touring, hard top.
post #9 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZ View Post

Is that extra work for installation, or just for the lift after installation? What all different has to be done during installation? How long did it take you?

'05 LRG Elise
'06 CO Exige - sold
'09 ST Exige S260 - sold
post #10 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZ View Post

So no more interior latch to release the trunk? What are you using to keep it closed the AeroCatch system? If so how do you have it mounted? I can't figure out where to put the anchor.

07 Exige S - PhB., TP, TP, LSD, Gotham, 2Bular Revised Header, 2Bular De-Cat, 2Bular 8x24 Burnt GT3, Cup Car Intake, 6k HID's, Schroth 4pt ASM Harnesses, Milled Steering Arms, Bronze Volk TE37, Carbon Craftsquare Mirrors, Reverie 5 Element Diffuser, Reverie Exige Race Front Spoiler, APR Canards, IMRP Side Skirts, Blackwatch Studs w/ Project Kics K40 Lugs, DBA 5000 Rotors, Goodridge lines, Sparco Wheel w/ Works Bell Quick Release.
post #11 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Quote:
So no more interior latch to release the trunk? What are you using to keep it closed the AeroCatch system? If so how do you have it mounted? I can't figure out where to put the anchor.
I think Z means that he disconnects the latch cable prior to tilting. He still uses the latch cable for everyday use... There's no doubt that on the Elise, this is a very quick operation. I have opened mine no less than 500 times with all the work and crazy ideas I tinker with on the car. From Z describes to me, the extra bits on the Exige just have to come off prior to tilting and that adds about 15 minutes to the job to make it a total of a 20 minute ordeal... Which still makes sense, I think, as it's 2+ hour ordeal to pull the clam without this mod.

Installation on the Exige is going to be very similar to that of the Elise and I'd say that's about 6 hours... It is a DIY'er project for most folks with basic tools and some reasonable desire to work on their own car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbob View Post
Phil, you made a bracket to relocate the battery in front of the engine. Does this kit include that, or is the battery still in the boot?
Kbob- These are still coming with the boot mounted battery- However, I'll have two prices for the engine bay mounted battery tray when I get a batch made. Dirt cheap for current clam hinge owners and normal (we'll call it MSRP) for anyone without a clam hinge....

Best,

Phil

post #12 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 06:14 AM

Is anyone else having trouble with checkout? Phil, after picking option #4 it shows 1 clamhinge but $0 and won't let me checkout.....

My car both sucks and blows.

Now with added all natural smoky goodness!
post #13 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Argh- I've got the guy wroknig on a less confusing storefront--- sorry! You have to hit the last add to cart button on the screen *not* the clam hinge cart...

So option 4 on the drop down and scroll exactly sideways and click the add to cart button that's associated with the custom pricing section...

I just paid myself 20 bucks, so it's working- I just need a more intuitive system... lol

Best,

Phil

post #14 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 06:37 AM

Got it to work now. For some reason it wouldn't let me. I restarted my computer and started the process over and it worked fine.

Thanks Phil. Looking forward to it.

post #15 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Cool- I thought I was losing it for a second there... So far I just paid myself 20 bucks testing it out, which really cost me 10 bucks due to the darn sales and income taxes to myself. thanks! LOL.... hehehe

Cheers,

Phil

post #16 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbophil View Post
Cool- I thought I was losing it for a second there... So far I just paid myself 20 bucks testing it out, which really cost me 10 bucks due to the darn sales and income taxes to myself. thanks! LOL.... hehehe

Cheers,

Phil
It's ok, there's something in the mail for you to make up for it.

post #17 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

OK- I got the storefront changed for anyone else. Now, just add the clam hinge to the cart- It will charge you $50 for the deposit/place in line...

Thanks!

Phil

post #18 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbophil View Post
Kbob- These are still coming with the boot mounted battery- However, I'll have two prices for the engine bay mounted battery tray when I get a batch made. Dirt cheap for current clam hinge owners and normal (we'll call it MSRP) for anyone without a clam hinge....

Best,

Phil
Yea
post #19 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeeeejme View Post
Is that extra work for installation, or just for the lift after installation? What all different has to be done during installation? How long did it take you?
Just lift, nothing different for installation. 1.5hrs for me to take clam off first time, honestly took me longer to put the interior back together with the factory roll bar than anything else. I took my time and did it over a weekend. Can be done in one night probably though. For the Exige, make sure you have some sort of a bench or adjustable stands to put the clam on. It's very heavy and doesn't sit well on the ground. The bottom of the rear wheel arches flex alot if you just sit it on the ground.

Quote:
I just reattach the cable each time. I took the metal shield off from in front of the release to speed this up. Don't have to, but it's just a clean up piece anyway to hide the release catch.

Takes about a min or two to get it undone. Taking the side scoops off takes more time due to those damn hex screws that seem to want to strip each time.

I could probably get it down to 10mins if I rushed it, but then I'd have to put my beer down and use both hands.
post #20 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 AM

waiting for the bucks to transfer from bank to paypal.
sam

'06 ELISE now with hidden talent and dual cigarette lighter sockets!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Aftermarket Suppliers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in