BOE Clam Hinges For Sale!!! - Page 4 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 116 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 11:37 AM

It's the 07/08 S and the 240 and up that might have issues. I think the shroud for the ic just disconnects though. Doesn't affect my SC install in the least though, then again my IC is in the wheel well where it won't get heat soaked.

No bumps or cracks on mine nor any adverse affects. Been driving it daily for months and have two track weekends on it full of going off track and hitting the curbing at times.

Only thing I wish was a bit different would be the rear panel, a shorter support cable, and something to help lift the heavy ass exige clam up so one person can do it. Oh and Phil to make some quick release system for the hard top.

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishus_1 View Post
xeeeejme

Thank you for posting pics of your install. I find it to be a lot more complicated than I originally expected - I didn't realize you would have to pull out those interior pieces and the seats.

I think this process is going to be just a little more complicated on the S or Supercharged cars. There needs to be something to disconnect the duct to the intercooler to allow the clam to pivot.

I will be interested to see how your clam holds up over the long run. Will bumps cause stress to the fiberglass - will raising and lowering put strain on parts of the clam not designed for holding weight -

Not saying this will happen - because I don't know - just curious how well things stay together and weather or not the clam starts to get stress cracks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 116 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 11:59 AM
xtn

subscribe

2006 McLareghini Bugatterrari, Storm Titanium... installed: air horn, Scroth 4-point ASM harnesses, Sector111 halon extinguisher and mounting bracket, Von Hep exhaust and rear panel delete, Pagid brake pads, red Volks CE28n wheels, Toyo RA-1 tires, Nitron SA coilovers, Sector111 (WorksBell) quick-disconnect steering wheel kit. awaiting installation: Scroth "pull-up" lap belts, Sector111 RTD Brace, Tony's heater bypass mod, and dropped steering rack mounting plates.
post #63 of 116 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtn View Post
subscribe
If you get one of these I would like to watch or would be glad to help you install it (in my car.. j/k!) if interested.

Click links to see my 2008 Lotus Exige-S 240 , '99 M3, 505rwhp '89 Mustang ( sold) , '05 WRX STI ( sold) homepages or here for my spin compilations (ispunuwin & ispinuwin2!)!

post #64 of 116 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

^^^^ Yes, me too... but over the phone

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable
post #65 of 116 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 02:15 PM

RHHHHAAAAAAA ! Marvelous ! in France, we whant's more pictures !!!!!

Valmont
post #66 of 116 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 03:08 PM

Just for you Valmont!

More pictures for Valmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by valmont View Post
RHHHHAAAAAAA ! Marvelous ! in France, we whant's more pictures !!!!!

Valmont

'05 LRG Elise
'06 CO Exige - sold
'09 ST Exige S260 - sold
post #67 of 116 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 04:12 PM

My GOD ! A big thank's to you Xeeeejme !!!!! !!!!! YEEEEEEPEAAA !

Valmont

Last edited by valmont; 12-15-2008 at 04:30 PM.
post #68 of 116 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 05:30 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZ View Post
Same as on the elise. Just a few extra steps to do.

1. remove side vent covers
2. remove cable for rear hatch release
3. get a friend to help because it's not a one man job to lift

Can go from turning key off to full tilt in ~20 mins.
What's the best approach for removing the cable for the rear hatch release? Do you disconnect it in the cabin or near the latch itself? Any details on the best way to do this would be appreciated.

amber
06'CO Exige
If in doubt....flat out!!!
post #69 of 116 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 05:28 AM

do these kits also work on the S1?

2006 k24 powered Lotus Elise-way too many mods to list (k24 swap 300whp NA!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uOFOm5xTZA
2003 Caterham Super Seven DeDion
2008 Maserati Quattroporte Executive GT
post #70 of 116 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas213 View Post
What's the best approach for removing the cable for the rear hatch release? Do you disconnect it in the cabin or near the latch itself? Any details on the best way to do this would be appreciated.

I removed the trim piece in front of the latch on the rear of the clam. I then pulled the safety cord in the boot to release the tension on the line and removed the cable with a small hook type tool or small flat head screwdriver. Takes less than a minute as long as you don't mess up the small white plastic t-caps on the cable.

If I still had my Lotus I'd take some pictures, but alas I traded it in a few months back.
post #71 of 116 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNlotus View Post
do these kits also work on the S1?
I don't believe so... The sub frames are totally different...

-PV

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable
post #72 of 116 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 07:03 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZ View Post
I removed the trim piece in front of the latch on the rear of the clam. I then pulled the safety cord in the boot to release the tension on the line and removed the cable with a small hook type tool or small flat head screwdriver. Takes less than a minute as long as you don't mess up the small white plastic t-caps on the cable.

If I still had my Lotus I'd take some pictures, but alas I traded it in a few months back.
Thanks pictures aren't necessary. This was the approach that I was planning. I was just a little hesitant, since I was afraid of damaging the plastic caps.

amber
06'CO Exige
If in doubt....flat out!!!
post #73 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 09:09 PM
alp
likes to drive fast

New to Elise and just found this thread. Mad props to BOE!

4-bar linkages doing what they do best. Simple, neat, clean solution. Well done!

2009 Exige S260
2011 Evora [sold]
2005 Elise [sold]
post #74 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Thanks!

Best mod for the Lotus, hands down, IMO

post #75 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbophil View Post
Thanks!

Best mod for the Lotus, hands down, IMO
+1
post #76 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 07:42 AM
Probably Lurking

Is it safe to assume doing this mod will make thermostat replacement much easier? I was looking for the thermostat yesterday and was loathing the thought of doing it with the clam on. I figure doing this now will make the inevitable alternator, water pump, air filter changes, etc. worth the investment.

About how long from ordering today to receiving in Boston?

-Shawn (2005 Elise) || New England Members of Lotus Ltd. (NEMOLL) - PM me to join local info list or NEMOLL || UberPost - Elise/Exige info: common problems/fixes, etc.
post #77 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

It will make the job MUCH MUCH easier... Everything from changing the air filter, to installing a supercharger is easier with the clam up...

We're making another batch right now. Nearly finished. Can probably ship Monday or so... Hope that helps...

Phil

post #78 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 05:44 AM

Can these be installed on a exige cup car with an accusump setup?

2007 Lotus 255 Cup, AP BBK F&R, Innovative mounts, RLS CF Intercooler heat shield, Railer diffuser, Custom hood Pins, gPan, Saikou Michi oil cc, RLS AL Intercooler tubes, Radium FST, 2Bular GT3 8X24, RLS suplemental IC Scoops, APR canards, CF rear wing, CF Scoops, Radium Fuel Rail and AN fuel pump adapter, AN fuel lines, 2bular decat and headers.
post #79 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erubin View Post
Can these be installed on a exige cup car with an accusump setup?
Most of the guys I know with accusumps and cup cars have relo'd the sump to behind the seats. They do this to shorten the hose, thus shorten the pressure up time (by ???? milliseconds) that the a-sump provides to the system during pressure loss... In doing this, yes you can use the hinge just fine... Otherwise, if you left the a-sump in the boot, you would have to replace the oil line with a longer one, which I don't think is a good idea.

An additional benefit to the hinge for the track rat, is that we offer an option to relocate the battery to the passenger side of the car forward of the engine on the frame rail-- under the filler neck. This gets you much better weight distribution

Cheers,

Phil

post #80 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

I know there are a lot of new members on the forum lately...

For those that would like to know the history on the clamhinge, it's at the link below. We were the original designers of a hinge system for the Elise/Exige that was not only out of site when not in use, but also didn't require removal of the roll bar support and/or rear wheels.

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/t...am-worx-50570/

Unique to our design:

We literally have triple digits of these in circulation now... Over the history of the part, we've made a few improvements here and there that we have learned through what I'm sure are 100s of thousands of miles of use across the user base.

All components are either anodized or p-coated for lasting protection. Each part was designed with CAD and cut using CNC mill or waterjet or laser. The formed parts are shaped with a CNC press for the most accurate part possible.

It has additional featurs such as a rear panel delete, two options for battery relocation, a clam support bar to help prevent cracks, a tension spring that prevents the hinges from rattling, and more...

This is the single best modification that I think can be done to any Lotus. We've put a lot of time, attention, and detail into our kit.

In addition, we have recently lowered the price to $900. While the website does not reflect this change, you'll receive an immediate credit upon purchasing to reflect the new price... Happy holidays!

Cheers,

Phil

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Aftermarket Suppliers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in