BOE TOWING BARS- VERY limited Supply - Page 5 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 184 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Ave

Hi, Phil,

I might take that last bar! It seems like a center mounted exhaust (stage 2, early '05) would still work with the tow bar but do you have thoughts on that? If I need to get a new exhaust it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but it would involve spousal negotiation.

Thanks,

Wendy

'05 BRP, baby #5!

Last edited by Ave; 01-01-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 184 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 07:30 PM

Is there any way to make this so it's more easily detachable from the car? I'm looking at getting one when i finally make my car purchase, and I don't want to have to take the bolts in and out when going from around town duty to AutoX/Track duty.

I've been trying to figure out how to make some tricky mounting method that allows it to slide under the car, or something similar, but I'm not having much luck.
post #83 of 184 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave View Post
Hi, Phil,

I might take that last bar! It seems like a center mounted exhaust (stage 2, early '05) would still work with the tow bar but do you have thoughts on that? If I need to get a new exhaust it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but it would involve spousal negotiation.

Thanks,

Wendy
No problems with any of the center mounted exhausts whatsoever

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable

post #84 of 184 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Ave

Hi Phil,

I didn't check on LT lately, but then I sent you a message through the "contact us" form at BOE. Not sure if that's working? Anyway, PM me and I'll be looking out for it.

Wendy

'05 BRP, baby #5!
post #85 of 184 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 05:03 PM

I too sent you an email via the BOE contact page. Im a needing a tow bar for this autox season... ... in fact, I need the bar to go get the trailer I bought, hehe. Thanks Phil!

Bradley
06 Solar Yellow Elise BOE Rev400, Silent Touch exhaust w/dcat, CL Brake Pads, DBA 5000 rotors, Nitrons SA, Adjustable Front Bar, BOE Tow Bar, SS Lines w/RBF600, Innovative mounts, ACT XTSS, 4.3:1 LSD Trans, Rear Brake Mod. 150,000+ Miles so far. East Tenn Region SCCA
post #86 of 184 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave View Post
Hi Phil,

I didn't check on LT lately, but then I sent you a message through the "contact us" form at BOE. Not sure if that's working? Anyway, PM me and I'll be looking out for it.

Wendy
Wendy- Sorry I didn't get back with you. The site always work. Sometimes I get "delete happy" and delete an email by mistake. I must have deleted you! Nevertheless, I did get your PMs. I will reply to you via email with payment info, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseAutoXr View Post
I too sent you an email via the BOE contact page. Im a needing a tow bar for this autox season... ... in fact, I need the bar to go get the trailer I bought, hehe. Thanks Phil!
Brad- Sorry man, but Wendy got the last one Good news is that it's winter and I'll probably be able to fab some more up in a month or so. I've got to get a bunch of surge tanks and TVS orders knocked out first and then we can do the tow bars...

Drop me a line in 30 days at BOE and we'll go from there. I'll reply to your email as well...

Thanks for the support folks

Phil

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable
post #87 of 184 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 06:36 PM

Hi, Phil:

I dropped you a line on your "contact us" page as well today enquiring about the tow bars. I'll hop in line and give you a shout around the middle of Feb. Put me on the list for a silver one.

Thanks,

- Allen.

S/N:34090 Mag. Blue/Biscuit, Touring, HT. - FOR SALE! https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/...biscuit-89983/
post #88 of 184 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 11:47 PM

Phil,
I sent a inquiry on your contact page also reg fuel system surge tank.
Can you get back to me asap please, need urgently!
Thanks
post #89 of 184 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUP_240 View Post
Phil,
I sent a inquiry on your contact page also reg fuel system surge tank.
Can you get back to me asap please, need urgently!
Thanks
I installed a BOE surge tank last week. Great product, wrong price.

Too cheap. Raise the price! ( after you sell one to Cup_240 )

2005 Storm Titanium Elise
BOE Power
www.jcrtd.com
post #90 of 184 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Thanks guys.

Jim- Will work on the price hike. Trying to stimulate the economy

Cup- Email answered. I do my best to answer emails timely. I try to juggle the emails with the actual part building. Was Wife's birthday yesterday so I didn't get my "quiet time" in front of the computer to reply to emails as I usually do

Bishop- Your email also answered

Cheers,

Phil

post #91 of 184 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 11:11 AM

Phil, any chance at all to see you make a batch of bar that would fit us 5-element diffusers guy?

I'm sure there are enough of us out there... Pretty please!!!

2003 911 Turbo X50
2006 Lotus Elise VF2 and Reverie wings, 300hp and 300lbs of DF! Sold!
BMWCCA Instructor
post #92 of 184 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 10:29 PM

Sorry to say, I never got around to installing mine (I never even took it out of the box, lol)... And since it looks like I might have to sell my car, I'm going to sell mine. So maybe someone here could just buy mine if you wanted a black one... --> See https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/...-nyc-ny-83592/

Mike | Manhattan/LI, NY, USA
'01 325Ci ("daily" autox track), '86 MR2 (autox track) for sale, '92 Celica GT-Four (restoration show autox rallyx), '07 Exige S (autox track)
Laser Blue / Magnolia, Track, Touring, LSD/TC, SS. HRM: HID, 6pt.Schroth. Voltphreaks 3.5lb Battery, DRL Disable
"What's my quarter-mile time? I dunno, I turn before I even get that far..."
post #93 of 184 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth G-F View Post
Phil, any chance at all to see you make a batch of bar that would fit us 5-element diffusers guy?

I'm sure there are enough of us out there... Pretty please!!!
You know it would be a lot easier for both of your 5 element diffuser guys that want the tow bar to simply trade someone for a 3 element unit... You know the 5 element unit probably doesn't do anything more than the 3, right?

-PV

post #94 of 184 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 12:03 PM

The more the better. All race cars have MANY elements including F1. It helps keep the flow laminar and provide about 5 times the downforce of a 3 element ok I just made that one up, but still... Brawn even won last year championship because of a better diffuser. Never underestimate the effect of a great diffuser!

Think of it, a minor redesign could open your BOE TOW bar market to all Lotus owners, not just the 3 element guys. Because if it fits a 5elements, it will fit a 3.

People investing for a 5 element are much more prone to paying for a TOW bar. When you're serious about downforce, you're usually serious about your tires.

About 100% of 5 elements diffuser guys track their cars vs about 9,3% for 3 elements. There may be two of us, but we both need it.

2003 911 Turbo X50
BMWCCA Instructor
post #95 of 184 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Speaking of Tow Bars, have a batch at the powder coater now... Operators standing by

Cheers,

Phil

post #96 of 184 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 04:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth G-F View Post
The more the better. All race cars have MANY elements including F1. It helps keep the flow laminar and provide about 5 times the downforce of a 3 element ok I just made that one up, but still... Brawn even won last year championship because of a better diffuser. Never underestimate the effect of a great diffuser!

Think of it, a minor redesign could open your BOE TOW bar market to all Lotus owners, not just the 3 element guys. Because if it fits a 5elements, it will fit a 3.

People investing for a 5 element are much more prone to paying for a TOW bar. When you're serious about downforce, you're usually serious about your tires.

About 100% of 5 elements diffuser guys track their cars vs about 9,3% for 3 elements. There may be two of us, but we both need it.
97.37829% of all statistics are made up on the spot...

2005 Lotus Elise, Starlight Black # 111 SSM NER SCCA Solo - 1835lbs up to 1.65 Lat [email protected]~55mph (asphalt) 193whp 142wtq Normally Aspirated.

http://www.the111shift.com/p/the-build.html

https://www.youtube.com/c/the111shift
post #97 of 184 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbophil View Post
Speaking of Tow Bars, have a batch at the powder coater now... Operators standing by

Cheers,

Phil
Buying a used one. No need to invest on a new since you didn't plan on improving your design for us with working diffuser...

2003 911 Turbo X50
BMWCCA Instructor
post #98 of 184 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

TTT-

We made a few more of these the other day... PM me if interested

Cheers,

Phil

post #99 of 184 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 04:15 PM
Gamera The Atomic Turtle

are these ever to be available again? I would get a real kick out of towing a small kayak trailer, and/or a small motorcycle trailer w/ a 270 lb bike on it. That owners manual is WRONG. You CAN tow with the Lotus Elise. At least if you know Phil...(of course the bar would have to be clam hinge friendly) Now we just need the Fischer plow.

Lotus Elise #134 - S O L D BOE REV400 street car built at BOE in KC. , Stock motor, low boost w/stock cat/mani, 292whp, (5.95 lbs/hp) passes all 50 states emissions/OBD, BOE ST exhaust, ACT HDSS, BOE Clam Hinge, BOE Oil Cooler Relocation, BOE Surge Tank/750cc injectors, BOE Race Links, MWR Rear Lift Kit etc. 0-100 = you bet!
Build thread :
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f160...seline-114302/

Last edited by komiko; 01-24-2012 at 08:29 AM.
post #100 of 184 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 04:20 PM

i placed an order twice: once last august, and again in november - both times i had my CC refunded. first time phil emailed to say that they were in the middle of a move, and to check back in october. second time he said they aren't planning on doing any until the spring (and at that point took them off the website completely). here's hoping that all it'll really take is enough people to express interest!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Aftermarket Suppliers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in