The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Elise, Exige Kodiak Forged 3 Piece Race Wheel [Group Buy Closed]

52K views 144 replies 19 participants last post by  kmt63 
#1 · (Edited)
Elise, Exige Kodiak Forged 3 Piece Race Wheel Production Pics Added[Group Buy Closed]

GROUP BUY CLOSED

The group buy for Kodiak 3 Piece Forged Race / Street Wheels ends today. With the wheel choices for the Elise/Exige being what it is (very limited) It's pretty rare to be able to work with a manufacturer of this stature to get a set of wheels of this quality to our exact specifications without having to spend $800 to $1,000 a wheel or more. Throw in your choice of centers and anodizing if you want and even these group buy wheels are custom. This is the deal of the year.

Details as follows:

Specs as per Lotus Cup Wheels

Front - 16 x 7 31mm Offset 65mm Center Bore approx 14.5 lbs
Rear - 17 x 8 38mm Offset 65mm center Bore approx 15.5 lbs

Your choice of 2 styles for the centers FX or RT style. (S5 is availible but weighs more see Kodiak web site.) Lotus Center Caps will fit. TPMS will fit. Will clear Big Brake Kits. Center Anodizing In Gold, Red or Black availible at additional $40 per wheel. Keep in mind that anodizing can have some variations in color from wheel to wheel. Prices will include shipping to Canada or lower 48. I am putting this together as the manufacturer is only about 20 miles from my front door and I can actually drive over and talk to the guy. Kodiak Race Wheels are a premium high end race wheel designed for the track, its not a cheapo gravity cast wheel of questionable strenght. Kodiak makes wheels for the like of Porsche, BMW and other high end manufacture's, it supplies wheels to many formula cars series and is a manufacturer for the likes of Boeing & BBS.

Kodiak's website list's these wheels at $565 for the front and $660 for the rears for a total $2,450 US PLUS shipping. With this group buy we can save $$$. Kodiak has asked me not to post the prices on the web but if you are serious and pm me I will send you the pricing. Safe to say that the savings will be in the 20% to 25% range over the web price and INCLUDE shipping. Payments will be via paypal, cert check or C/C. We are being extended this from Kodiak because I am local to them and have met with them face to face.

Feel free to check out the Kodiak website Kodiak Racing Wheels - Custom lightweight race wheels for performance and racing for more info and pictures. Inquiries to Kodiak will be refferred right back to me so please just go through me to begin with. First picture is the RT style and the second is the FX style. The Exige shown has 16x7 front & 17x8 rear RT Gold Anodized. S5 style is availible but will add weight to the wheel.

PM me if interested in getting a set. Please only PM me if you are serious and not just curious about the price. ALL COMMITTED BY DEC 23 WILL BE IN AND WHEELS WILL SHIP MID TO END OF JANUARY 2009.

FINAL SPECS SAME AS CUP CAR WHEELS.

Front - 16 x 7 31mm Offset 65mm Center Bore approx 14.5 lbs CALIPER CLEARANCE 14MM
Rear - 17 x 8 38mm Offset 65mm center Bore approx 15.5 lbs CALIPER CLEARANCE 14MM

Interested Members

1 Bull30
2 Fast+Forward
3 Bamcoc5
4 38BFast
5 Rondo Fondu
6 Toptechexperts

Attachments

See less See more
#130 ·
Pictures of the wheels on the car. I took a stock bar of aluminum and hand made the center caps. They are held into place with set screws and are definitely not going anywhere. Enjoy :D

Attachments

#132 ·
The Shells come in 1/2" steps. If you want to be the test pilot we could get Kodiak to do up a 1 1/2" outer shell. Thats gonna give you a lot of wheel up front 7 1/2". We looked at doing that while shortening up the inner shell by the same, essentially moving the tire outwards over the hub by 1/2" but we were worried about outer fender issues. It's the caliper clearance thats the PITA. there isn't much left between the calipers and the wheel spokes, 1/8" to 3/16" at most so the hub size is pretty much is what it is. If you notice the front outer rim shell carefully you'll see that it is what Kodiak call a reverse lip. It's done that way to give some depth to the rim shell. Other wise the front wheel ends up looking like a giant pizza pan.

I'm meeting Daryle at the track tommorrow and I'm hoping he brings the center bezels so I can get them out to everyone and that off my list.

#137 ·
Are we getting center cap adapters? I've been through hell and back with these wheels... I'm about to get them back from powdercoating, then it's time to reseal them. I would really like to have them complete sometime in the near future.

#141 ·
i wanted to get jongbloeds for my car.we run them on the west dsr cars i build.what is the price on them?also what style center do they do for the lotus spec wheel?jongbloed has always been great to work with.if there is any defect they will ship reengineered parts out next day air.as an example.the dsr wheels had a weak spot on the wheel center.they fixed it by making the center thicker.they had a bunch made up.then shipped them to all the customers that had the first gen center.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.