The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Front Under Clam Protectors

47K views 103 replies 44 participants last post by  SirLotus 
#1 · (Edited)
ALWAYS USE PROTECTION
Will provide protection from scraping the underside of the front clam.
Has center bumper to provide protection from light impact with kerb or parking stops.
Manufactured from virtually unbreakable 3/16" polycarbonate.
Secures with either silicone caulk or adhesive (not supplied)
Available for both Elise and Exige (bottom photo).
$95 shipped.
Please PM if interested.
Michael

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Short drive on a local twisty road up a local mountain. Big rock in the middle of the road in a blind spot. No way to go, but straight.

Luckily I have the clam protectors sold by sirlotus and my clam is fine. The only damage to the clam protector was on the rubber front cover. The rubber got removed and it has a scrape.

I looked underneath the car but did not see any visible damage. I will inspect it more carefully next time I lift the car.

So far I was happy I had the protectors installed to prevent a couple of parking lot scrapes. Now I am really glad I got them, as this saved me from clam damage by this rock.

Afterwards I took a picture of the rock as a reminder ...
Get protection now, before it is too late.
Michael

Attachments

#14 ·
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Remove any dirt/polish/grease from the underside of the front clam.

Spread and even layer of silicone caulk over the whole unpainted side of the protectors.

Let cure for 24 hours.

Sometimes some support is required to hold the protectors in place while the silicone cures.

#20 ·
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Remove any dirt/polish/grease from the underside of the front clam.

Spread and even layer of silicone caulk over the whole unpainted side of the protectors.

Let cure for 24 hours.

Sometimes some support is required to hold the protectors in place while the silicone cures.

I used a very technical method for distributing the "up-force" as evenly as possible whilst installing these over the holiday weekend: That is right. Snap On Frying Pan. If I break it, I get a new one.... for life.

Reactions: DeafPaul
#23 ·
Can I purchase just the two wing pieces and not the center section? If so what is the price.

#28 ·
I bought these a few months ago for my Elise. Super easy to install. Ended up using 3M VHB double sided tape and they've been nice and secure ever since. I will say that I mounted the center piece more flush than others have done. I just didn't like the way it looked protruding out, I bought it to give me some peace of mind on sharp inclines, driveways, etc... Not to prevent damage from hitting something while driving. It still sticks out a bit, but is hardly noticeable. I would highly recommend them to everyone not using any other type of protection for the front, cheapest insurance you'll ever get!

#34 ·
PayPal sent to your email address. To SirLotus.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.