post #41 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 12:08 PM

Carbon Fiber +11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Just about 1 inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buz
How much clearance do you lose? Which holds up better for a serial scraper like me?
post #43 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 12:14 PM

How is it secured to the clam?

After seeing all of this interest will you offer a GB?

post #44 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Forum Founder

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buz
How much clearance do you lose? Which holds up better for a serial scraper like me?
Also keep in mind that extending the lip at all also effectively creates more interference with potential scrapes. When I removed the winglets and license plate thingie... I found I no longer scrape on driveways at all, even at speeds I would have never attempted before.

Get a splitter to increase front downforce. But if you are seeking to reduce scraping... you will end up with more contact with a splitter... but you transfer the contact to the splitter... not the clam. It is a trade off here. I think if the splitter was strong enough to withstand scrapes, that is a positive as the clam surely is not. And I think the clam can handle the extra flex from the splitter touching the ground, as it seems that the stock clam can flex quite a bit.

Not to knock the product at all! Just to point out more details, specially if you are buying one to stop scrapes.

I am putting a splitter on my car soon. Just that I know once I do.. I will have to go back to being much more careful on driveways and parking lot entrances.

As far as those who ask about effects on the car at speed... I expect you will see a little less understeer on higher speed corners. Question of course is how much understeer are you getting now at higher speed corners? My experience is that understeer is related to corner speeds and slower corners, which have more slip angle... are worse. But then a splitter will not matter much at 35mph. I think so anyway... I will let you know when I get the splitter on my car and autocross with it. The other effect could be straight line high speed stability. In other words the car could feel more planted at 130+mph, with potentially some minor loss in acceleration and top speed. That would all have to be tested.

#somethingwickedthiswaycomes... the new Origin Noble M and the Origin 7

Zenos E10S for Sale! www.zenosforsale.com

There are some very shady dealers in the Lotus business.

2005 Lotus Elise, 1993 MR2, 1995 MR2, 125cc Shifter Kart, Toniq (in build), 2018 Origin 7 (waiting), 2018 Origin Noble M (waiting)
post #45 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 12:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFastLotus
Hate to be a weenie, but if you don't mind, how much does the carbon fiber wrapped one weigh?

Thanks!
J
ttt

post #46 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Chase
... I will let you know when I get the splitter on my car and autocross with it. The other effect could be straight line high speed stability. In other words the car could feel more planted at 130+mph, with potentially some minor loss in acceleration and top speed. That would all have to be tested.
Is it legal for Auto X and would it put you in a different class? Also Randy would the reverie rear diffuser have the same affect from a legal standpoint? I remember reading about not being able to have the exhuast exit above the diffuser, correct?
post #47 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 12:49 PM

Garage
Yep, it would change your class. You can't run stock class with aftermarket body pieces tacked on.

post #48 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 02:02 PM

so how is it attached ?

Covered in Brandy and Lard
post #49 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFastLotus
ttt
Weight for the half carbon is 4 lbs and the fiberglass is 4.2 lbs.
post #50 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 03:46 PM

Thanks Forcefed for posting the mounted pics. Fitment looks to be very good. Just a couple of questions.

1. Do you have anymore details on the installation process? Specifically, is any drilling required? Will the front clam require removal during install?
2. Will there be a introductory group buy for the spoiler? Either way I'm fine and will buy the product but I wouldn't mind saving a couple of extra bucks.

Thanks!
post #51 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 12:37 AM
Not the admin anymore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolotomasu
Will there be a introductory group buy for the spoiler? Either way I'm fine and will buy the product but I wouldn't mind saving a couple of extra bucks.
Saying you'll buy it either way isn't helping the group buy proposal....

post #52 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 04:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolotomasu
Thanks Forcefed for posting the mounted pics. Fitment looks to be very good. Just a couple of questions.

1. Do you have anymore details on the installation process? Specifically, is any drilling required? Will the front clam require removal during install?
2. Will there be a introductory group buy for the spoiler? Either way I'm fine and will buy the product but I wouldn't mind saving a couple of extra bucks.

Thanks!
There will be some minor drilling but the clam does not get removed. As for a group buy, not at this time they are selling well.
post #53 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 06:05 AM

Do you have any other rear wings in the pipeline to match this?

Chris

Ardent Red 2005
Delivered 12/04/04 #742 Auto Europe
post #54 of 97 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 08:48 AM

Installation time was about an hour and a half vs. the 'installs in minutes' from the original post...no instructions or hardware either Anyway, it's a very nice piece, fits well, and looks sharp. It's a nice balance with my CF wing and diffuser. Ground clearance is reduced by ~ 1.5". It only clears by a smidgen on roll off, but you can use Rhino Ramps...and my stock shocks are on the lowest setting too. I also had my stripes painted on and changed my boot lid grills by Elise USA...
Attached Images

Last edited by Dave; 01-21-2007 at 02:58 AM.
post #55 of 97 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 03:54 PM

time to update your signature of mods dave..

Jay-05' ST, HT, Touring Red
post #56 of 97 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 04:41 PM

hmmm yet another... TEMPTING MOD!!!! I need to get a job it looks like lol

2002 SC Nissan SE model Xterra -SEXterra -SOLD
2005 KG Lotus Elise- SOLD
-2013 Sti - Sold
-2015 Sti - SOLD
-2016 Lexus RC 350 Fsport -returned at end of lease
-2018 Hyundai Tucson (Turbo)
post #57 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 10:08 PM

Install tips

Has any one done a write-up on what is needed to install the Half Carbon Spoiler. I'm picking mine up tomorrow @ Forced Fed and would at least like to know what fasteners people used so i can make a trip to the hardware store and be ready for the install.
post #58 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachisu
Has any one done a write-up on what is needed to install the Half Carbon Spoiler. I'm picking mine up tomorrow @ Forced Fed and would at least like to know what fasteners people used so i can make a trip to the hardware store and be ready for the install.
You can use 3 of the existing center undertray bolts...just hold the spoiler in place, mark/drill. Do those first. For the ends and leading edge, I used stainless self-tapping screws.
post #59 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 07:38 AM

Offering a group buy or discount for Elise board members should not be based on how well your items are selling. If you use this board to promote or solicate your products, the least you could do is offer a small discount. 5% would not hurt your business. The reason I mention this is because I was the founder/CEO of Clear Alternatives, the world's largest aftermarket taillight company. I always offered group buys and member discounts when I posted my new products, even though our proudcts sold very,very well, in fact they were and still are the hottest product available on the motorcycle market (World wide). Just a pice of advise when dealing with forums. Remember these forums can help or destroy businesses. Just my 2 cents worth.
post #60 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLPATS
Remember these forums can help or destroy businesses.

I think we've all already seen that!

Jay-05' ST, HT, Touring Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Aftermarket Suppliers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in