Has anyne bought from esta-international.com? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Has anyne bought from esta-international.com?

I'm planning on buying a fiber glass clam shell from esta international and wanted to know if anyone here has had any problems with their molds or parts before. The link is below.

Would it be better for me to purchase an original from the dealer or are their molds pretty well fitted?

I'm worried about the fact that they are located in China.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.esta-international.com/lo...se-s2-oem.html

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 07:23 PM

I havent heard too many good things about support

05 NFB Elise / Katana SC / No Snorkle / 3.2 "10" psi pulley / Stage 1 Exhaust / Decat / Green Filter RIP
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:12 PM

I just received a front lip from them and the fitment was very good - $420.00 including air shipping! I will post pics as soon as I get some! John was quick to respond to my emails and I am very happy with my purchase!

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:09 PM

I'm pretty sure that is Good2Go's car in the pictures for the side skirts. Maybe he can chime in.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:41 PM

Garage
I purchased the CF Sideskirts from Esta Int. and had good communication with John. The parts were received in good condition but the holes did not line up perfectly and were a little longer than spec - had to drill additional holes to reinforcement. I granted John permission to put my Elise on his website.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 09:05 AM

esta purchase

Just ordered rear spoiler in carbon fiber, spoke with john shipped out friday will post delivery and fittment when it arrives
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by good2go View Post
I purchased the CF Sideskirts from Esta Int. and had good communication with John. The parts were received in good condition but the holes did not line up perfectly and were a little longer than spec - had to drill additional holes to reinforcement. I granted John permission to put my Elise on his website.
Please clarify - do you mean the side skirts were a bit longer than spec, or the holes were (slotted?)

WW

She's gone.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 10:54 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwhl View Post
Please clarify - do you mean the side skirts were a bit longer than spec, or the holes were (slotted?)

WW
There were no install instruction or bolts/screws came with the parts. I think I'm the first one in the forum to purchase them!(?)

The sideskirts extend beyond the edge of the rear wheel well, extruding about an inch (but still far from coming close to the rear wheels/tires) The original rear hole was too close to the edge of the rear wheel well and there were only three holes. Therefore, I drilled additional holes at better locations to better secure them to the underside of the body. I thought of re-designing them for better look, function, and have them made if there was enough interest.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 11:44 AM

I'm interested...but I did notice in the photos how the skirts extend too far to the rear...

WW

She's gone.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the excellent response fellas. From th feedback, I think its worth to spend the money on OEM parts, due to my OCD lol. More feedback is appreciated so keep em coming!

Also, who would you guys reccomend for good fitting after market parts?
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 05:39 AM

Fast forward five years later anyone still buying from these guys? Thinking about getting the exige style elise splitter
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 04:43 PM

I was also looking to buy a front clamshell from this site but was hesitant about fittings and the fact that its from china..anyone ever purchase a clam from this site?
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 07:07 PM

Lots of guys wanting someone else to be the first. Let us know. I wish I had done it as I have over $2000 into a repaired clam now.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 04:23 AM
FML

Bump!
I am also looking at the Exige style front splitter for my Elise.
Wondering if anyone has had experience with that piece.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 06:10 PM

Likewise. I need a splitter and I like the esta exige style. Mainly to hide plinth scrapes. And maybe to block some cones. I'm not good enough to need real downforce at this point so that's secondary to coverage. Anyone?

I swear I saw another company making an exige style. But I'm not coming across it again... Pointers or suggestions?
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenMcC View Post
Likewise. I need a splitter and I like the esta exige style. Mainly to hide plinth scrapes. And maybe to block some cones. I'm not good enough to need real downforce at this point so that's secondary to coverage. Anyone?

I swear I saw another company making an exige style. But I'm not coming across it again... Pointers or suggestions?
Not sure how this ended up panning out, but you can give this member a try: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/...r-sale-119779/
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 06:25 PM

Thanks, Brian! I recall coming across that thread and dismissing it since the last post made it sound like that member disappeared. I went back and sent him a PM, though. Worth a shot!

I emailed Esta about 12 hours ago, which puts it towards the beginning of their business day, so I'm crossing my fingers for a reply by morning.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013, 10:16 PM

Sent [email protected] an email... Heard nothing. Sent [email protected] an email and submitted online message... Have heard nothing. Sent the guy in that thread a pm... Nothing.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 04:06 AM
BANNED

Not a good sign!

But I've gotten similar results from any British company also... the only exception is EliseParts. They are very good at replying to e-mails.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Aftermarket Suppliers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in