Intro: BC Racing Coilovers brought to you by Darkside Engineering - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 03:27 PM

better question is this better than the "TRACK PACK" since they offer the same type of options and adjustability

and if spring rates and valving could be customized to your need, the major thing to "wonder" about it is overall build quality and reliabilty

i am ready for new suspension, and as far as price this looks to be promising

-Coi- 2010 Evo X MR w/ some extra powahhh
currently having Lotus withdrawals
www.CTDesigns.us
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr05elise View Post
what is the recommended time period or mileage for rebuilding the shocks and are there any recommended presets for the setup.
yo, your PM box is full, i tried to reply to your PM

peace!

-Coi- 2010 Evo X MR w/ some extra powahhh
currently having Lotus withdrawals
www.CTDesigns.us
post #43 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLuXeXigeS View Post
better question is this better than the "TRACK PACK" since they offer the same type of options and adjustability

and if spring rates and valving could be customized to your need, the major thing to "wonder" about it is overall build quality and reliabilty

i am ready for new suspension, and as far as price this looks to be promising
With hundreds of customers who have bought from us, only one has ever returned their set of BC's. That should tell you something about quality and reliability.

post #44 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 04:33 PM

my pm box should work, it says i still have space
post #45 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post

BC does make coilovers for a few other companies. Companies send in their specifications, and BC makes them. The coilovers shown here are of a higher quality than the other brands you listed.
pretty much every coilover system from greddy, stance, apex, etc. are made by BC. BC can thus give a product that is pretty much the same if not better than the more expensive brands for less because it cuts out the middle man. The subi and evo guys love them and so do the 350z and g35 guys. Pete from BC has a very successful twin turbo G35 that is time attack driven by Scott Bush from Relentless Autosports.

BC's surprise everyone in terms of quality and performance, so if you're looking for a cost efficient coilover system, they are the ones you want.
post #46 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawy'du View Post
pretty much every coilover system from greddy, stance, apex, etc. are made by BC. BC can thus give a product that is pretty much the same if not better than the more expensive brands for less because it cuts out the middle man. The subi and evo guys love them and so do the 350z and g35 guys. Pete from BC has a very successful twin turbo G35 that is time attack driven by Scott Bush from Relentless Autosports.

BC's surprise everyone in terms of quality and performance, so if you're looking for a cost efficient coilover system, they are the ones you want.
post #47 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 07:20 PM

I think I'm sold... I wasn't planning on doing suspension anything, but this seems to be a good value.

Be an alpha male. Drive a Lotus.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #48 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian Motorist View Post
I think I'm sold... I wasn't planning on doing suspension anything, but this seems to be a good value.
Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.
post #49 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 08:55 PM

Is this unit using the inverted montube which is claimed for greater performance results.

Last edited by slvr05elise; 01-13-2009 at 09:25 PM.
post #50 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr05elise View Post
Is this unit using the inverted montube which is claimed for greater performance results.
Yes, they are inverted.
post #51 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 10:13 PM

sweet...from all i've read and from what i've heard from others this sounds like a very good offering, especially since you can choose your spring rates and have them valved accordingly...the 8/10k sound good to me, maybe even the 10/12k if they wouldn't be to miserable on the street
post #52 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 04:49 AM

I was just about to pull trigger on Nitrons since they have been on sale for quite some time . From what I have read sound pretty good , considering diferent spring rates and valving at no additional cost . Somebody is selling track pack for $900 with 15000 miles . If I can get brand new set of coil overs for couple hunded bucks more . sounds good .
If you could also post weight of them .
I guess you can post or PM me with details for payment .
post #53 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 09:05 AM

Dannggitt! These look promising. Now I got to do some suspension research.

Here's a link to the Subi board and their opinion on BC coilovers...bc racing coilovers - Page 16 - NASIOC

To the 350Z board...BC Racing BR series coilovers for 03+ 350Z + G35 Intro Special - Page 6 - MY350Z.COM Forums
post #54 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Plug Whisperer

On your website, you state that if there's a problem with the shocks "they" will take care of it. I guess "they" are BC... So I take it that you will be out of the loop for valving, service, setup, and spring rate changes? I'm not harping, just questioning who the point of contact is after the purchase... you or BC? If BC, where is BC (besides in Taiwan) and what kind of turn around time and phone service do they have? In otherwords, how available are "they"???...

Thanks,

Phil

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable
post #55 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 06:21 AM

Any further 'user' reviews on this product? Also what's the piston size? Need to pick up some coilovers soon. Was looking at Nitron one ways then came across this thread.
post #56 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::. View Post
Any further 'user' reviews on this product? Also what's the piston size? Need to pick up some coilovers soon. Was looking at Nitron one ways then came across this thread.
Check some of the Subaru forums -- do a search and you'll get quite a bit of info on these coil overs.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Last edited by Jack; 08-12-2011 at 06:50 AM.
post #57 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 07:35 PM

Thanks Jack. Was looking for more Lotus User feedback on these coilovers.
post #58 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 10:08 AM

I would not even think about putting these on a Lotus. They are junk.

Anyone from the "import" scene knows that they are cheaply made and most people purchase them because of the price and to just lower their cars to the ground.

2007 Lotus Exige S *Chrome Orange - SOLD
2007 Lotus Exige S *Aspen White - SOLD
2005 Lotus Elise *Magnetic Blue - SOLD
2006 Lotus Exige *Starlight Black Pearl - SOLD
post #59 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 11:54 PM
6i9

If I see shocks advertised in the Taiwanese Option Magazines at the boba teahouses around Socal, I generally stay away.

2005 Magnetic Blue Lotus Exige
Drivetrain: Honda K20A Type R | Innovative Kit | Arqray Ti | SCM Intake/Header | Hondata | proRAD | Setrab | KTuned | V2 Fuel Tank | BOE Swirl
Aero: Exige Clams | Reverie | TWRD GT | Craftsquare | IMRP | BSK | Voltex
Suspension: Penske SA | V2arms | RTDbrace | CE28N | R888 | BOE Floating | Pagid RS14
Interior: Recaro SPG | Willans | WorksBell | Sparco
post #60 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 09:57 PM

I currently have them on my ride,if you do ever track your car,stay away from this coil over,they are a piece of ****!only good for the street.bc Taiwan dun make any spring rate higher than 8kg for the lotus application.

From my other post you could see that I am looking for spring as those spec were give by bc to source on my own.

In short they support most Japanese make,they have variable spring rate to support but not for lotus,unless this us reseller have their own source of spring for our application.

If I can't get any better spring I will have to look over to nitrons or ohlins.

Comment is base on my personal experience,ultimately you guy have to decide if it's worth it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Aftermarket Suppliers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in